• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Keep Calm and Down-B

Big_Slim

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-4076-0803
I'd say it's worse. Thunder seems a lot safer.

Methacrylate

Smash Apprentice
This might be able to break/stop your trajectory. Usually when Pikachu is hit by thunder in the air his movement stops. So maybe a well placed thunder will cancel knockback from say an up smash?

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
not sure if thunder would hit picachu if you were experiencing horizontal knockback.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
This might be able to break/stop your trajectory. Usually when Pikachu is hit by thunder in the air his movement stops. So maybe a well placed thunder will cancel knockback from say an up smash?
Doubtful. This is only going to end up as a pseudo counter/combo breaker. Unless vectoring plays a major role in making this happen, i can't see thunder being able to do this. Do we even know if thunder causes the "burst" animation when pikachu himself is in hitstun?

McX

Smash Cadet
So thunder comes out instantly. This combo breaker is probably going to be here to stop close physical approaches.
EDIT: Wait nvm it's not the same as megaman's rush cancel. It's only there to stop imperfect combos. It looks easily punishable.

Last edited:

Methacrylate

Smash Apprentice
Doubtful. This is only going to end up as a pseudo counter/combo breaker. Unless vectoring plays a major role in making this happen, i can't see thunder being able to do this. Do we even know if thunder causes the "burst" animation when pikachu himself is in hitstun?
This idea of thunder being able to hit Pikachu while in hitstun came to me because of the footage in the video at about 6 seconds in. It looks like Pikachu might still be in hitstun and when the thunder strikes him, he goes into the burst animation. That is how it appears to me which brought about the idea of thunder being able to slow/stop knockback when hitting Pikachu.

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
after playing around for a few days, i figure this isn't as super broken as i'd initiallly thought it would be. thunder, like many moves in sm4sh, doesn't ko like i'd expect it to. i feel like thunder would stink if it didn't come out as fast as it does. it wouldn't hit ever.

Top Bottom