• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Keeby Shoots a Hole in One!! Keeby for Smash Support Thread

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice

Let's talk about Keeby!
Who is Keeby?
Keeby is a character who debuted in the spinoff Kirby game, Kirby's Dream Course. He appears as the second player character in the multiplayer mode of the game. He seems to be another Kirby except he is yellow.

So he's just yellow Kirby? Don't we already have that as a costume?
1619879449344.png

Well... while Keeby is indeed a yellow Kirby, there is no official material stating that he IS the yellow Kirby seen in the future mainline Kirby titles. This becomes even more apparent with games like Amazing Mirror where yellow Kirby is just an offshoot from Kirby when being split into 4. This is also seen in other games with multiple colored Kirbies who seem to be just generic opponents or teammates for Kirby. Keeby seems to be depicted as more of a rival for the Dream Course multiplayer section along with being the only other Kirby to have his own unique name. (Before anyone mentions Meta Knight, I am aware that he LOOKS like Kirby but he is never confirmed to be the same type of being.)

Okay... so how is Keeby going to look different from Kirby or even the yellow Kirby for that matter?
1619868350294.png

Imagine this, but with yellow as the default color...
Easy, just use the classic Kirby design from Star Allies! This way, Keeby will have a completely different face and facial expressions, pointier arms, and be a lighter shade in terms of color in all costumes.

This sounds cool and all, but... wouldn't he just be an echo fighter or couldn't he just be a costume instead?
This is indeed true, but this is where we get creative. Instead of just having Kirby's exact moveset (costume) or having some variant of it (echo), he will have his OWN moveset based on the very game he debuted in! Yes, Keeby's moveset will be based on the gameplay and copy abilities of Kirby's Dream Course.

Keeby Moveset Idea:
Note: Unlike Kirby, Keeby is unable to float, but he jumps slightly higher in exchange.

[Standards]

Jab: Keeby punches the opponent twice in quick succession. Unlike Kirby, there is no Vulcan Jab combo.

Forward Tilt: Same as Kirby, Keeby spin kicks forward.

Up Tilt: Same as Kirby, Keeby kicks upward.

Down Tilt: Same as Kirby, Keeby crouches and does the sweep kick.

Dash Attack: Same as Kirby, Keeby uses the Burning ability to turn into a fireball and dash at the opponent.

[Smash Attacks]

Forward Smash: U.F.O. - Keeby briefly turns into a U.F.O. and rams his opponent.

Up Smash: Needle - Keeby releases spikes from his skin upwards from his body.

Down Smash: Freeze - Keeby concentrates and is surrounded by ice. The more it is charged, the greater likelihood of freezing the opponent.

[Aerial Attacks]

Neutral Air: Spark - Keeby concentrates and releases electricity all around him.

Forward Air: Tornado - Keeby becomes a tornado and sends a gust of wind forward.
Back Air: Tornado - Keeby becomes a tornado and sends a gust of wind backward.

Up Air: Parasol - Keeby pulls out a parasol above him and gently falls.

Down Air: Bounce - Keeby turns into a ball briefly to hit the opponent from above.

[Grabs/Throws]

Pummel: Keeby repeatedly pummels the opponent with punches.

Forward Throw: Dash Panel - A dash panel appears below Keeby and sends him rolling in ball form at the opponent at high speed.

Back Throw: Turntable - A rotating platform appears right below the opponent and quickly spins them around until launching them backwards.

Up Throw: Trampoline - Keeby throws the opponent in the air and then uses a trampoline to bounce upwards and hit them as a ball.

Down Throw: Warp Panel - A warp panel appears below Keeby which warps him to a panel above the opponent where he then slams them into the ground as a ball.

[Special Attacks]

Neutral Special: Shot (Spin while in air) - Keeby prepares his position and trajectory as he turns into a ball and launches himself at the opponent. While airborne, Keeby launches himself in an upwards arc instead. Shot has greater horizontal distance and power while spin trades power and horizontal distance for added vertical distance.

Forward Special: Wheel - Keeby transforms into a wheel and quickly dashes across the stage, damaging anyone in his way.

Up Special: Hi-Jump - Keepy jumps high up into the air, anyone in Keeby’s trajectory is damaged.

Down Special: Stone - Same as Kirby, Keeby turns into a rock that crushes enemies.

[Final Smash]

Final Smash: Dream Course Rumble - Keeby sends the opponent(s) to a course like in Dream Course and bounces along many bumpers to gain momentum and hit everyone for massive damage.
Why Keeby?
Here are a few reasons:
  • We need more Kirby reps​
  • This would be a good rep for classic Kirby spinoffs​
  • Yet another rival to Kirby alongside Meta Knight and King Dedede​
  • Miyamoto originally imagined Kirby to be yellow until Sakurai decided on him being pink, Keeby would be a great callback to this little piece of history of the franchise​

Doc Monocle
smash puffle

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
This is a delightful surprise. I shall be honest. I was not expecting much from Keeby as a newcomer suggestion, but you did a good job of making him enticing. I support. Anyway, I shall look to see if this thread is new to the Newcomer Support Thread Directory.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Now this is interesting. This is probably what Smash Kirby could've been if he was based more on his actual copy abilities rather than... what Smash Kirby is right now.
I support. I love Classic Kirby so I would really like this... or a Classic skin for Kirby... maybe next time.

Top Bottom