• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kazuya preliminary frame data

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I sat down in training mode and found the "hits on" frames for all of Kazuya's various moves. I did not do this for follow-up moves like later parts of jabs or his various tilts, only moves that can be done out of neutral or command dash. I did not do cooldowns or i-frames or anything like that; I'm sure team data extraction will have that exact data in the next few days; this is just to get you started understanding the basics of what this guy is allowed to do. I did this all by hand so mistakes are possible, but I think I was pretty careful and double tested when I wasn't sure.

Jab: 6
Ftilt: 12
Dftilt: 10
Dtilt: 16
Dbtilt: 13
Btilt: 11
Ubtilt: 14
Utilt: 9
Uftilt: 14

Crouch jab: 7
Crouch dftilt: 14
Crouch dbtilt: 11

Dash attack: 15

Fsmash: 25 (20 charge release)
Usmash: 12 (7 charge release)
Dsmash: 17 (15 charge release)

Nair: 8
Fair: 8
Bair: 11
Uair: 4
Dair: 17

Standing Grab: 7
Running Grab: 9
Pivot Grab: 9 (I always have a really hard time testing this one)

Neutral Special: 27
Side Special: 16
Up Special: 12
Down Special: 14 (rage mode irrelevant)

Note: all input move frame datas do NOT factor in minimum input time, only the time Kazuya is actually committed

Command dash (dragon punch, no input): 20f commitment
Electric Wind God Fist (dragon punch, A simultaneous): 8
Wind God Fist (dragon punch, A delayed): 8
Dragon Uppercut (dragon punch, A held): 20
Rage Mode Command Grab (dragon punch, A held, in rage mode): 15
Spinning Demon to Left Hook (dragon punch, B): 10

To input EWGF, input f, d, df + A at the same time. If you input A one frame early (simultaneous with d), it still works. If you input A two frames early, you get fsmash. If you input A even a single frame later, you get normal wind god fist (meaning the actual minimum commitment of a normal WGF is 9 frames since you have to spend at least one frame command dashing). However, if you continue holding df, you can input A the frame after the full dragon punch input is made and still get EWGF. Waiting two or more frames still results in normal WGF so if you input correctly the full window to get EWGF is a three frame window to input A. Holding the A input when it is made for 6 or more frames results in Dragon Uppercut (or the big rage mode command grab if you are in rage mode). Note if you input Z simultaneous with the start-up of a command dash, you actually get a standing grab and the command dash doesn't come out.

Special command grab (df, d, df + Z): 7
Demon God Fist (A while rising from crouch): 13
Left Split Kicks (f, f+A): 13
Side taunt: 18

To input Demon God Fist, hold crouch and after releasing crouch input (stick in neutral) input A within 19 frames. You don't even have to see the crouch begin to be released (you can input A the frame after letting go of down), and 19f is long after Kazuya has visually stopped crouching. You can input forward (and probably other things) to cancel your ability to do a Demon God Fist; this is very useful if you want to, say, jab after crouching.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
AA you're still...you! Yay some fine legitimacy. I am sure I've never been more invested in learning this character simply because in his home franchise he's a murder machine that I grew quite fond of when competing.

Top Bottom