• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kanto Tournament 2010 Video Topic (Opening Video + Nicovideo matches)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
So Owata responded back to me saying

> Sorry for uploading to YouTube is not scheduled...
>
> Will give you the video file at a later date (^ω^)

in case anyone doesn't wanna mess with nicovideo >__> but maybe i'll get different quarterfinals vids to put up

oh man, so this means if we wanna see the vids we must register to nicovideo? -.-

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Registration is not that hard -_-
Just follow my average guide.... simple as that.

Everyone should watch the semi final match with Okaju(link) and Tsukuru(falcon), when okaju first lose two stocks, and then goes bananas :p
Lol the translations can't even translate Okaju's name in japanese writing(but i know it was him since earlier stated he was the link player), and gives you a weird and different name for Tsukuru... Couldn't even tell it was him, nice.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I just don't understand why these vids can't be uploaded to a normal video site.

Yeah, I know: "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"

but really

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Yes Its exactly the same, the same message appears and I dont know what it means, and I cant even translate it because i cant do copy-paste.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Ok I managed to watch them at work, doesnt work at home

Very good link but YAAAAAAAAWWWWWWN KIRBY what a disgrace

The japanese version seems to be so frustratingly all about hitting one time -> dead. Even more than the USA version, almost no slide DI -.- How can you enjoy playing a match like that kirby ditto?

Also, I missed Jousuke, by far the best at the last tourney

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
in general watching kirbies bores me -_-

I like watching a fast ness or parry heavy yoshi.

That or just boomfans DK, it does things with a nair that should not be legal.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Oh my dear god, that Kirby ditto! I got about 30 seconds in, realized it was only one match, and promptly went on to the next match.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ok I managed to watch them at work, doesnt work at home

Very good link but YAAAAAAAAWWWWWWN KIRBY what a disgrace

The japanese version seems to be so frustratingly all about hitting one time -> dead. Even more than the USA version, almost no slide DI -.- How can you enjoy playing a match like that kirby ditto?

Also, I missed Jousuke, by far the best at the last tourney
The Japanese aren't big on the whole "play to have fun" side of things.

Okay, that's borderline racist and I don't have any idea what I'm talking about. But that's the impression I get.

The Star King

Smash Hero
The Japanese aren't big on the whole "play to have fun" side of things.

Okay, that's borderline racist and I don't have any idea what I'm talking about. But that's the impression I get.
That's kind of ironic because in Melee they don't chaingrab, camp, or other things that are considered "gay", because there's no money on the line. But yeah, in this tournament they seemed to be playing gayer than most Americans, the opposite of Melee. Was money on the line for this tournament?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Come one now. When I play a really good link, it makes me want to gimp him all day, especially in a tournament situation. Honestly, to walk away with the win, the Kirby probably had to play like that. The link was really good.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
link is probably at the bottom of mid tier in *** version if that makes a difference

his u-tilt is serious hax and his recovery is slightly better (if you play link a lot you will notice it lol)

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
link is probably at the bottom of mid tier in *** version if that makes a difference

his u-tilt is serious hax and his recovery is slightly better (if you play link a lot you will notice it lol)
Wtf was censored in that sentence? But yeah, his utilt going straight up is beast and his recovery has slightly more vertical iirc.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
its not just going straight up, it's freaking deadly, comboing falcon at 0%

also his air speed is slightly buffed, as is his D-Air/U-Air

j@p is censored because they are silly, so JP will have to do

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I also seem to remember that kirby's upb goes higher and that they made his dsmash more legit.

There was another important thing that he had but I forget it. Well anyway, even though link becomes more legit so does kirby

Edit: OH YEAH, his fthrow is actually good now

The Star King

Smash Hero
His dair does 2% more damage. Many of his moves have slightly more range. His sword is darker lol

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
His dair does 2% more damage. Many of his moves have slightly more range. His sword is darker lol
Link in the JP version does look more intimidating that in the American version.

I also find the sound effects in the JP version more legit. They are just so....meaty.

Battlecow

Play to Win
*** is offensive

please use "JP" in the future
I like how j-p is offending people, but you can say f-g or "gay" in the "lame" sense all day on these boards and receive nary a glare. You people read too many of those WWII Japanese internment camp books in elementary school.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Does it give more kockback? Or just have more hitstun?
ha ha immaturity...

I dislike Link's utilt in (J), it takes away combo potential at higher percents but it more than makes up for it obviously at lower percents. Regardless I have more fun with the less knockback of (U).

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Immaturity? Wait, what? I asked a serious question there -_-. I figured that maybe the utilt did not deal more knockback but just gave the opponent more hitstun/was a quicker move.

I have never played that J version before, only seen videos

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I like how j-p is offending people, but you can say f-g or "gay" in the "lame" sense all day on these boards and receive nary a glare. You people read too many of those WWII Japanese internment camp books in elementary school.
AMERICA PIG

I like what ciaza did. I'm going to say (J) now. ****... I love australia!

P.S. JP is still acceptable

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Immaturity? Wait, what? I asked a serious question there -_-. I figured that maybe the utilt did not deal more knockback but just gave the opponent more hitstun/was a quicker move.

I have never played that J version before, only seen videos
Read what I quoted you again, noting your spelling error in red that I found humourous :p

Skrlx said:
I like what ciaza did. I'm going to say (J) now. ****... I love australia!
=D

dandan

Smash Lord
Does it give more knockback? Or just have more hitstun?
The Japanese version has less hitlag, thus link can start a second utilt sooner than in NTSC.
The change might feel small, or is hard to notice, but it has a great effect.
It is also the reason why ness fair chains are move viable.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
The Japanese version has less hitlag, thus link can start a second utilt sooner than in NTSC.
Does that mean Kirby's utilt is even faster?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Um Link can mostly do utilt chains at lower percents because of increased knockback and a straight vertical trajectory. These factors make way more of a difference than less hitlag does >_>

dandan

Smash Lord
Um Link can mostly do utilt chains at lower percents because of increased knockback and a straight vertical trajectory. These factors make way more of a difference than less hitlag does >_>
but the fact you can shield pressure with utilts is less affected by those factors.

dandan

Smash Lord
guess i have a few things to learn, good i just play the (u) version and do not need to think about it :p

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Can anyone post the links of the kanto Tournament of the nikovideo's site, i still don't know japanese, i'll study it this next year.......
but please, the links if you please!!!

Top Bottom