• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kaillera Server

Kilo16

Smash Rookie
I have just recently downloaded the kaillera server.exe i have opened the .conf file in notepad and edited the server to my likings (name and location change for now) and then i run the exe and cmd pops up and i assume it gets my settings cuz it doesnt have the "no config file found" error...the program goes to touch he master server and it says success...then it will repeat the touhing...success part about 1x per minute. I load up 64k...find my server and try to connect. My computer says connecting but never does...i waited 5-10 minutes for this thing to connect. Whats wrong. I know it isnt pj64k cuz it will connect to any other open server.

Also for now i was just running The server off a windows vista laptop untill i can get it to work...then i was going to buy a dedicated desktop hardlined to my internet. Any ideas?

Kilo16

Smash Rookie
I would use apache, really.
por que? (why)

and i was just going for the simplicity of the Kaillera executable because it was simple...I would have no idea how to do it using that website (i googled apache web server)

Super_ness

Smash Journeyman
Well, you just install apache, place your files in some folder which I don't know what it is in Windows, and poof, your done!

Something else, for your dedicated server, you should install Linux. Most servers in the world rumor, and it's pretty simple. In Ubuntu, for example, you would install Apache, place your files in /var/www and then leave it alone. No viruses, no spyware, no nothing!

EDIT:With the Kailera server running, in a web browser, go to http://localhost and see if that gets you anywhere.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
lol@super_ness

We're talking about a Kaillera server not a web server. Kaillera uses Java to run so download the latest Java. Now, when you're trying to connect to your own server (if you are trying to connect from the same computer you're running the server off of) use localhost:27888 to connect. 27888 is the default port the Kaillera server listens to for incoming connections.

Top Bottom