• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kaillera Matchmaking

Battlecow

Play to Win
FIRST OF ALL this isn't a gay thing (not that I'm a homophobe or anything).

So my basic idea here is that people would get better faster if instead of logging on kaillera whenever and playing whatever scrub joined their game, there was like a reasonable system of knowing who you were gonna play and when. Like, I play offline mostly nowadays, but if I knew that like... Dexter or Surri or any of the other guys I love playing and have good matches with would be online at a time when I was available, I'd definitely seek them out.

We already have a player-finder, but that's too... rigid, so it's never used, and I think a thread where people can find other peeps who need additional sparring partners would be useful.

So basically, just post saying when you can get on and what level of player you're looking for (could be a mentor-student thing or whatever) and then you can talk to people in this thread and take it to PM's and hopefully establish a relationship where you can train with each other and stuff, like Peek does with his p2p buddies and so forth. Doesn't have to be long-term; you can spar for a couple weeks or months or maybe only one or two sessions.

It's not a gay thing.

I'll start off: I'm looking for a good player (B-tier; the kind of player who I think I'm better than and who thinks they're better than me AKA everyone in B-tier) to play serious matches against on weekday afternoons (like 2:15-4 CST on tuesdays, 4-5 on Mondays and Wednesdays, 3:10-4:30 on Thursdays and Fridays LOL complex basically just weekday afternoons). I'll play almost exclusively falcon except against your falcon which I'll probably use pika/fox/DK/jiggs against.

This would also mean that instead of playing randoms and asking whatever good players you ran across for advice, you'd be able to get concrete feedback and tips from someone who knows your playstyle well. Seems like a system like this might help online players' skill overall.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
that akward moment when you hate what you posted and you dont know what to edit it too..

wheres the "delete post button" around here?

Battlecow

Play to Win
I already did

I'm talking about setting **** up beforehand. I mean, if I've got MSN, why not just go on galaxy and chat there?

A more structured approach basically.

TJ.

Smash Cadet
I like the idea. I'm sure many people do, but you have to deal with a limited population of a 12 year old game.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
aa will be your training partner battlecow!

he fulfills the necessary criteria listed

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
if you guys werent uncomfortable send text messages? were all(not really) in the us. ;D

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm assuming "it's not a gay thing" means using your threads for setting up heterosexual hook-ups is A-OK

Hellborne where u at

In all seriousness, this would have been a great for me before, but none of the several A tiers I would want to play are active anymore. I guess I can play with Boomfan now, though, since I get 2 frames with him now. Boomfan where u at

Fish641

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to have a partner who's better than me (which is most people). I'm at the "doesn't totally embarrass himself when he plays doubles with Star King and Jaime, but can't really do anything against them 1v1" stage.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
I want to play Star King more. Last time we played, we had an incredibly close 3 game series coming down to the last stock in the last match (I was under a different name). My playing schedule these days revolves around minimizing roommate-caused lag, so during weekdays is best for me. Would something like Tuesdays or Thursdays during the day work for you?

Battlecow, we've had some good games too so I'd be down for Tues or Thurs afternoon vs. you.

Any other B tier level players or above want to step up?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I REALLY need to play this again online,playing with CPUS creates a bad habit. Yesterday for the Showdown 3 (A Melee/Brawl/SSF4/MvC3/MK9) a noob almost beat me in a fox ditto :S

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I think this is a pretty good idea. i never play online cause the only matches i seem to get are with random newbs. also dont really want to give out my phone number, but if you send me an IM when i'm not marked as online i get it as a text, so fire away at reasonable hours.

Olikus

Smash Champion
in europe we just log on msn and type smash in the chat and then we play. Its easier to get matches done if you talk to many smashers that are located at the same place, rather than settle a match in advance. You should try to get the NA msn group as active as the european one.

If the europe group didnt excist we would probably only play a match vs a known player once a week lol.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Except that in NA you can always log on galaxy and play against random people. In Europe if no one answers in the chat, you can only play CPU.

:phone:

Olikus

Smash Champion
you get to play people 80 percent of the time instant. unless your logging on on weird hours ofc. If yo0u have to wait its not for long.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Weird hours? Sorry that I have busy studies then... Looks like most smashers are idle jobless people playing at 4 am most of the time.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I want to play Star King more. Last time we played, we had an incredibly close 3 game series coming down to the last stock in the last match (I was under a different name). My playing schedule these days revolves around minimizing roommate-caused lag, so during weekdays is best for me. Would something like Tuesdays or Thursdays during the day work for you?

Battlecow, we've had some good games too so I'd be down for Tues or Thurs afternoon vs. you.

Any other B tier level players or above want to step up?
Playing vs. you on Tues/thurs afternoons would be great. I'm on at 2ish on Tues, and 3ish on Thurs

message me if you wanna do details or something

Olikus

Smash Champion
Weird hours? Sorry that I have busy studies then... Looks like most smashers are idle jobless people playing at 4 am most of the time.
well i havent seen you msn online like since the summer, and im playing smash on the evening allmost everyday.(except the last 2 weeks maybe) So from around 6 and out its no prob playing smash in the chat. But sitting on msn all evening not getting to play has like never happen to me. Not even once i think.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Schedules matches sound too much of a hassle. I'll play whoever, whenever. I'd like to play Greg too.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I always ask on friday and saturday evening, plus sometimes sunday at noon. So yeah, really weird hours to play smash indeed.

And yes, boom is a nice guy, saved me from the boredom of playing CPUs.

:phone:

Olikus

Smash Champion
well thats when most players play too lol. I can ofc only speak about myself, but if you ask on fridy and saturday evening, and no one answers you throug the day it seems beyond strange. None other in the chat has problem get to play people from my experience.

But my point from the beginning, yeah have an active msn chat like europe and you get to play.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Anyone wanna p2p right now, can't find a non laggy game atm? I can't host though so you gotta do it. I'll be on galaxy

Top Bottom