• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming we're meant to take that as Gankplank Galleon? (Lacking a better name for the ship?)

D

Deleted member

Dang that looks exactly like the Gangplank Galleon. If I were too see it and the actual ship side by side when you face King K. Rool, in Donkey Kong Country I say that is spot on. Aniversary Galleon? Eh? I take it, creative no accepting of it yes. It's fake but dang not bad. 20 years huh? Hopefully not for much longer till he returns.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Hey, so i think I should throw this leak out there. It tells you something but nothing ( for what you want to hear ). I just found it today and it seems plausible from other sources. It mentions things we already knew about smash bros ultimate which isn't a surprise. It does say Simon Belmont is a new character and i'm believing that because the guy that predicted ridley and ice climbers and every character coming back was dead on right. He mentions on how newcomers are going to play a role in the game. He quotes "The big draw with newcomers this time around is that they're mostly attuned to fan demand, both feedback from the community but, more importantly, the Smash Bros Fighter Ballot". That should be really important and one of the many reasons why i think Nintendo made the Smash Bros Fighter Ballot. Makes perfect sense on why they put Ridley in because he was a fan demanded character.

Then he quotes "According to my source, this is apparently the most difficult subject to find information on. As a result, they provided me a small list of characters, some that they KNOW are going to be playable and some that sound like they'd fit the playable role but have no confirmation on whether or not they are as of this time." Just so happens he mentions King K Rools name. Thing is, its unconfirmed what his position is but he is saying he's in the game. He just doesn't know in what way. I'll have the link on the bottom

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8md4b4/super_smash_bros_for_switch_leaks_characters/

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Hey, so i think I should throw this leak out there. It tells you something but nothing ( for what you want to hear ). I just found it today and it seems plausible from other sources. It mentions things we already knew about smash bros ultimate which isn't a surprise. It does say Simon Belmont is a new character and i'm believing that because the guy that predicted ridley and ice climbers and every character coming back was dead on right. He mentions on how newcomers are going to play a role in the game. He quotes "The big draw with newcomers this time around is that they're mostly attuned to fan demand, both feedback from the community but, more importantly, the Smash Bros Fighter Ballot". That should be really important and one of the many reasons why i think Nintendo made the Smash Bros Fighter Ballot. Makes perfect sense on why they put Ridley in because he was a fan demanded character.

Then he quotes "According to my source, this is apparently the most difficult subject to find information on. As a result, they provided me a small list of characters, some that they KNOW are going to be playable and some that sound like they'd fit the playable role but have no confirmation on whether or not they are as of this time." Just so happens he mentions King K Rools name. Thing is, its unconfirmed what his position is but he is saying he's in the game. He just doesn't know in what way. I'll have the link on the bottom

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8md4b4/super_smash_bros_for_switch_leaks_characters/
I remember reading this before e3. Seems this could come true considering how much from it was already proven correct.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman

Literally the first bullet point: "The game's UI and Announcer are both brand new"; correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this game still has Xander Mobus. There are other discrepancies too but that's an immediate red flag on this supposed "leak."

The general rule I abide by is to never believe in a text leak. Some may be eventually proven accurate or at least partially accurate (Gematsu, Vergeben), but all should be taken with a grain of salt until proven otherwise.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Literally the first bullet point: "The game's UI and Announcer are both brand new"; correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this game still has Xander Mobus. There are other discrepancies too but that's an immediate red flag on this supposed "leak."

The general rule I abide by is to never believe in a text leak. Some may be eventually proven accurate or at least partially accurate (Gematsu, Vergeben), but all should be taken with a grain of salt until proven otherwise.
Not to mention, the leak says that Samus is in her "Samus Returns" suit. I saw a distinct lack of the Samus Returns suit during E3.

(I don't want to believe the leak anyway because there was no mention of Ashley.)

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this guy just made a few lucky guesses, as he's gotten just as much wrong as he's gotten right so far. On top of the announcer thing, Inkling doesn't use ink to move around quicker and I haven't seen Samus use her Melee Counter.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Sakurai recently confirmed that the roster was finalized at the end of 2015, and while it lists it as "Unconfirmed" (which is dumb to have in a leak anyway, why leak characters your source isn't sure is coming?) Rex & Pyra were in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 which didn't come out until the end of last year.

Sorry, das a bad leak

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Sakurai recently confirmed that the roster was finalized at the end of 2015, and while it lists it as "Unconfirmed" (which is dumb to have in a leak anyway, why leak characters your source isn't sure is coming?) Rex & Pyra were in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 which didn't come out until the end of last year.

Sorry, das a bad leak
Well krystal was an uncomfirmed character, but she was later confirmed as an assist trophy so she did appear in some way. Guess we just have to wait and see what other news pops up.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97

Seems interesting. I'll take it with s grain of salt, though. Considering that it says there's a new announcer and Samus has her Samus Returns design...which both are, well, wrong.

Sheesh, as much as I loved the load of characters shown at E3, it's probably gonna be quite a wait until we get some new info... If I had to guess we'd probably get something in August or September. Possibly even longer if Sakurai wants to keep King K. Rool as a surprise...

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Seems interesting. I'll take it with s grain of salt, though. Considering that it says there's a new announcer and Samus has her Samus Returns design...which both are, well, wrong.

Sheesh, as much as I loved the load of characters shown at E3, it's probably gonna be quite a wait until we get some new info... If I had to guess we'd probably get something in August or September. Possibly even longer if Sakurai wants to keep King K. Rool as a surprise...
Probably but the majority of the things the leak has stated, has been true about a lot of things. Even that other leaker who predicted ridley said that sometimes he gets bad sources. Who knows

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well krystal was an uncomfirmed character, but she was later confirmed as an assist trophy so she did appear in some way. Guess we just have to wait and see what other news pops up.
The announcer is the same for this game (Xander Mobus) as it was in Smash 4. The first few lines of the leak are complete lies.

It's just nonsense.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice

To me, King K. Rool seems like a character you'd save for a special all-Smash Direct. Perhaps we'll get one of those in October like the last game did.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
i found this video now which has captain toad as a new fighter. Funny how the leak I just sended out also confirmed that captain toad would be playable lol Still take this with a grain of salt people. Might be fake. Its just weird how I found a leaked character that was from a leaked roster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JANl0KybYJs

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
i found this video now which has captain toad as a new fighter. Funny how the leak I just sended out also confirmed that captain toad would be playable lol Still take this with a grain of salt people. Might be fake. Its just weird how I found a leaked character that was from a leaked roster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JANl0KybYJs
That's Captain Toad's Smashified render, I'm afraid. This leak is as fake as King Kut Out.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
We're going to need to be cautious of leaks from here forward. However, it would be nice to see K. Rool appear in more of them

There's also one other thing I've been meaning to bring up. If King K. Rool does appear as a character then I do hope to see funny online fan art and comics made about him. I feel like there isn't enough of that for him on the internet.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
We're going to need to be cautious of leaks from here forward. However, it would be nice to see K. Rool appear in more of them

There's also one other thing I've been meaning to bring up. If King K. Rool does appear as a character then I do hope to see funny online fan art and comics made about him. I feel like there isn't enough of that for him on the internet.
Considering the amount of fan-art that has exploded just from the announcement of Ridley, I wouldn't be shocked if K. Rool gets similar treatment.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

K. Rool in general doesn't get enough recognition, at least in the wide scope of things. It's part of what makes him getting into Smash feel even more important.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
If we're talking leaks, this is one that I find to be believable.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/421409818/
If you look at the thread, some people mention that Charizard X/Y could be a simple echo for Charizard to commemorate it being a standalone fighter in the last game. Plus with how TPC/GameFreak are with Pokemon, it's by far one of the better 'leaks' posted. Reminder at how long it took to get the final amiibo for Smash.

StormC

Smash Hero
My problem with a lot of these leaks is they're usually too safe. I have to imagine there will be at least one character few saw coming (outside of echoes).

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

If you look at the thread, some people mention that Charizard X/Y could be a simple echo for Charizard to commemorate it being a standalone fighter in the last game. Plus with how TPC/GameFreak are with Pokemon, it's by far one of the better 'leaks' posted. Reminder at how long it took to get the final amiibo for Smash.
I don't really see Ninten making it in. It's always possible... But, Mother 1 is extremely similar to Mother 2 in character design. There is a young girl like Paula, a dorky kid like Jeff, and a black haired kid with a baseball hat and striped shirt like Ness. The only real difference is instead of Poo they have a guy that's close to "Frank Fly" of the Shark Gang that temporarily joins and can get a sword from Magicant.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Very true. Obviously, the "my dad works at Nintendo" nature of it, and the fact that it's a 4chan leak, and a leak in general with no reputable source, makes it dubious, but there's nothing that flat-out disconfirms it.

I'll put it in the "eh, it could happen" pile.

I'm mostly just happy to see our big green boi actually getting leak attention this time.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also nothing would piss me off more than having 2 Charizards on the roster

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd take Zard X over Steve or Stanley the Bugman literally any day of the week, personally.
I would take Goldeen that could do nothing but splash as a character over another Charizard

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All fair, though I'm curious, is it because echo or because Charizard?
Because Charizard gets everything. 2 extremely powerful megas. Gets in all the spin offs. Gets in Smash.

There are OTHER pokemon Nintendo

CrimsonFireWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrimsonFireWolf
3DS FC
0490-5298-4357
Switch FC
5802 6387 3309
I always support King K rool because love the Donkey Kong Country series and he's like one of the best villains around and I did actually vote for him in the smash ballot

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Because Charizard gets everything. 2 extremely powerful megas. Gets in all the spin offs. Gets in Smash.

There are OTHER pokemon Nintendo
Well, I see your point. In this case, it might just be an aesthetics thing. I could *see* it, only because Zard X has completely different colored flames, and a much different look. I could see them doing it if they wanted to preserve the look now that Charizard doesn't have his own FS.

Still probably unlikely.

I always support King K rool because love the Donkey Kong Country series and he's like one of the best villains around and I did actually vote for him in the smash ballot
IT'S TIME! WELCOME ABOARD!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I see your point. In this case, it might just be an aesthetics thing. I could *see* it, only because Zard X has completely different colored flames, and a much different look. I could see them doing it if they wanted to preserve the look now that Charizard doesn't have his own FS.

Still probably unlikely.
Charizard is not the only one who lost a special final Smash.

Donkey Kong and Little Mac have the same Final Smash now

So do Bowser and Pit

Top Bottom