• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Honestly, I feel K. Rool would fit more perfectly with Snake with having them both pointing their guns at eachother. I mean just look at the K. Rool picture and picture it in the SSBU cover art
I think that may just be a general pose for Snake to do, as it's characteristic of him in any battle, but I see what you're saying, there's a plenty of space right there for them to move characters around to fit K. Rool there as well

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I was thinking about this earlier... I made some circles on where I think some Smash characters could be on that art.

https://ibb.co/dXu0LJ

Yep I can speculate how many newcomers by the spots

But you missed a couple

1. The area between sonic and greninja and daisy
2. The area above Samus
3. Peach could be move over a tiny bit and between her and Mario
4. The area where popo's hammer is
5 the triangle area where Pac-Man, shulk and marth are shulk could be moved over for that spot

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Don't forget that the banner is a digital painting and every one of those characters are on their own seperate layer, so any of those characters can be moved around in the picture. All they have to do is choose the layer and slide the character to where they want them to go. I do believe that characters are in a general area where theyre supposed to be, I don't think you'll see characters move drastically but a few inches over. I think pokemon trainer will be slid to the left and K. Rool will be placed coming out from behind Pokemon Trainer, thus Wario and DeDeDe are scared as they should be...

StormC

Smash Hero
Don't forget that the banner is a digital painting and every one of those characters are on their own seperate layer, so any of those characters can be moved around in the picture. All they have to do is choose the layer and slide the character to where they want them to go. I do believe that characters are in a general area where theyre supposed to be, I don't think you'll see characters move drastically but a few inches over. I think pokemon trainer will be slid to the left and K. Rool will be placed coming out from behind Pokemon Trainer, thus Wario and DeDeDe are scared as they should be...
Would be nice if Nintendo released the individual art.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Indeed

And again logically it's him pointing the blunderbust at them or fired already

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
What would you want k Rools down b to be?
Blunderbuss neutral B, crown throw side, and helicopter backpack recovery all make sense?

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Back to the topic of popularity earlier. I see it going something like this.

U.S.: Ridley
Europe: Bayonetta
Japan: K. Rool?

If that's the case then Sakurai really needs to listen to his Japanese fans. Of course, K. Rool is popular worldwide, but we have the luck of having his popularity dominate his country of Japan. So I think it's time they get what they wanted. I think its also worth mentioning that Sakurai never once mentioned Japan when talking about the results for Bayonetta. So I think its likely Sakurai will take their highest vote into account. We can only hope it ended up being our king.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
I think pokemon trainer will be slid to the left and K. Rool will be placed coming out from behind Pokemon Trainer, thus Wario and DeDeDe are scared as they should be...
I do believe K. Rool will make it in but...

They're clearly scared of Pokemon Trainer + his Pokemon. It appears that Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Charizard are all leaping towards the two. Just look again. Charizard is looking directly at Dedede and Squirtle and Ivysaur are aiming at Wario.

I think he'd be placed around Ganondorf. He is looking down at absolutely nothing and there's wiggle room to put K. Rool there.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Instead of planning on meltdowns, let's plan on doing something a lil more productive. Like all of us messaging Sakurai on twitter asking for K. Rool as a fighter if that ever happens. Like individual tweets, favorites, RTs, etc. To show that we're still here, that there would still be a fanbase for the character. We know he looks at em!

Worst thing to do is do in case of a disconfirmation is what some fans have done, like the guy who photoshopped Sakurai's face on Hitler after Waluigi's disconfirmation. Creators don't deserve to get harassed, even through memes. We can request K. Rool and show our discontent without being disrespectful.

Maybe organize a day where we all draw K. Rool. We don't all have to have art skillz to make it good. Just show passion and resolve for the character. That's super important. It's been important all along.

And just practically speaking, we want to keep our cool because the meltdowns alienate people. And it just makes it worse for us. If K. Rool does get disconfirmed, we're all going to be feeling pretty sad. Do we really want to twist the knife on ourselves??? Suffering for suffering's sake???? Nope. Just react with love for the character. Stubborn love! There's a lot out there for K. Rool. And if K. Rool's ever disconfirmed, we will need more.

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Instead of planning on meltdowns, let's plan on doing something a lil more productive. Like all of us messaging Sakurai on twitter asking for K. Rool as a fighter if that ever happens. Like individual tweets, favorites, RTs, etc. To show that we're still here, that there would still be a fanbase for the character. We know he looks at em!

Worst thing to do is do in case of a disconfirmation is what some fans have done, like the guy who photoshopped Sakurai's face on Hitler after Waluigi's disconfirmation. Creators don't deserve to get harassed, even through memes. We can request K. Rool and show our discontent without being disrespectful.

Maybe organize a day where we all draw K. Rool. We don't all have to have art skillz to make it good. Just show passion and resolve for the character. That's super important. It's been important all along.

And just practically speaking, we want to keep our cool because the meltdowns alienate people. And it just makes it worse for us. If K. Rool does get disconfirmed, we're all going to be feeling pretty sad. Do we really want to twist the knife on ourselves??? Suffering for suffering's sake???? Nope. Just react with love for the character. Stubborn love! There's a lot out there for K. Rool. And if K. Rool's ever disconfirmed, we will need more.
Very true!

Do remember there's also likely going to be DLC, so even if he doesn't make it to the base roster, there's always hope for DLC. Especially if we get another ballot this time. :)

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Yes, we have to keep the interest up.

It's tempting to be the armchair Sakurai roleplayer and predict that a character like K. Rool would not be chosen for DLC. There may be merits to that point of view, but it is far from certain. And ultimately, it just hurts our chance if we accept being disappointed because we see disappointment as an inevitability.

We need to keep stubbornly pushing through.

Of course, we have no idea what the day 1 roster will be like. He may already be in and we don't know about it. But it's always good to think ahead and think of all possibilities. I think that's how the Kremling Kampaign got started in the first place.

BTW, something you can do today is probably RT/favorite Kremling Kampiagner's tweet to Sakurai!

And resist your inner pedant commenting about Bowser Jr or Mewtwo. Lol. Think BIG picture. And BIG PICTURE the message is clear. Help amplify it!

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
I want this:

And This:

NOT this:

And NEVER This:

Those are my terms and they will NOT be negotiable! Make sure we get our REAL king and nothing else, Komrades!!!

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Just realized tomorrow is June 19, 2018. Super Mario Sluggers initial release date was June 19, 2008...10 whole years ago. It has literally been a decade now since our King was in a video game. He could join the likes of Snake and Wolf *back in Smash after 10 years), but on a grander scale. The return to games in general after a decade of being absent!

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
If K. Rool is in I don’t expect he will be the next reveal. It could be a while before we see him...

Fane

Smash Journeyman
When even IS the next reveal?
No clue. There's been no announcements at all.

They usually either reveal dates for a new character reveal, such as with Robin/Lucina, or they tie in with events/directs like Greninja/Palutena/Pac-Man/Mii Fighters.

If anything though, I'd probably say one is likely either in July or August. It really depends on how many new fighters we're to get and how many they want to reveal before release. If we have like 7 more newcomers and they want to keep, say... 3 secret, then we'd probably get one every other month or so maybe?

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Most likely August. Leading up to Smash 4’s release, they had reveals every 2 months during Nintendo Directs.
A reveal every two months wouldn't give them much time to reveal all the new characters, assuming there's really around a half-dozen left to reveal. I'm thinking there's gonna be at least one reveal each month, starting in August at the latest.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
A reveal every two months wouldn't give them much time to reveal all the new characters, assuming there's really around a half-dozen left to reveal. I'm thinking there's gonna be at least one reveal each month, starting in August at the latest.
Sometimes they revealed 2 characters at a time, like with Lucina and Robin in one trailer, and occasionally they would throw us a reveal trailer out of the blue, but yeah i’m hoping we get one reveal a month, that would be great.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Grant Kirkhope tweeted this! Its amazing! At some point during the Smash 2018 Invitational, the entire crowd started chanting the DK Rap..haha! I hope Sakurai was nearby to hear that true love through song. xD

https://mobile.twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/1006701559013490688
I was tearing up from happiness and laughter when I noticed this during the invitational. My personal highlight of the show!

It just shows how passionate the fans are about the DK franchise!

So, any ideas on how we should react if the K Rool Mii costume gets revealed before the King himself? Just trying to brace myself for any situation imaginable...

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I want this:

And This:

NOT this:

And NEVER This:

Those are my terms and they will NOT be negotiable! Make sure we get our REAL king and nothing else, Komrades!!!
Real talk
If K Rool doesn't have his tail he is unplayable
Even if he has a small tail I wont mind just PLEASE not no tail.
Like this design:

No thank you
Give me the mii design except on the Kroc himself, where he has a tail, a cape, a crown, and golden belly.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Real talk
Like this design:

No thank you
Give me the mii design except on the Kroc himself, where he has a tail, a cape, a crown, and golden belly.
I don't even know what it is about that design i hate, His face seems off. Not to mention the lack of detail in his eye-tick! :(

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Yes, we have to keep the interest up.

It's tempting to be the armchair Sakurai roleplayer and predict that a character like K. Rool would not be chosen for DLC. There may be merits to that point of view, but it is far from certain. And ultimately, it just hurts our chance if we accept being disappointed because we see disappointment as an inevitability.

We need to keep stubbornly pushing through.

Of course, we have no idea what the day 1 roster will be like. He may already be in and we don't know about it. But it's always good to think ahead and think of all possibilities. I think that's how the Kremling Kampaign got started in the first place.

BTW, something you can do today is probably RT/favorite Kremling Kampiagner's tweet to Sakurai!

And resist your inner pedant commenting about Bowser Jr or Mewtwo. Lol. Think BIG picture. And BIG PICTURE the message is clear. Help amplify it!
Hey, I'm the one who made the original picture, so am I allowed to comment on the fact that they used Bowser Jr. when my original picture used Bowser?
IMG_1537.jpg
Y no1 tell me bout dis :V

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
welp. ridley getting announced was bitter sweet. Bitter in that no krool, but sweet because ridleys awesome (and maybe this gives us more hope for krool). :EvilBub:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Just realized tomorrow is June 19, 2018. Super Mario Sluggers initial release date was June 19, 2008...10 whole years ago. It has literally been a decade now since our King was in a video game. He could join the likes of Snake and Wolf *back in Smash after 10 years), but on a grander scale. The return to games in general after a decade of being absent!
That makes me sad, honestly. I remember when they first revealed Sluggers. I honestly wasn't too interested in the game, but as soon as I found out that K. Rool was playable, I bought the game at launch. Sure it had Paon K. Rool, but just seeing him in a Mario spin-off game made me so happy. Plus, I ended up enjoying the game in the end and I'm hoping we get a sequel on switch. I actually hope they consider adding K. Rool and the Kremlings in future Mario spin-off games.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
10 years already eh? I was entering my final year of high school at that time. Time really flies doesn't it?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Do you think they could get Chris Sutherland to reprise his role as K. Rool in DK64?

Or do you think he'd get generic monster grunts like Bowser, DK and Diddy?

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Funny enough, I always imagine K. Rool with Chris Sutherland's voice when thinking about him being playable in Smash. However, it's more likely Sakurai will just add a generic voice for him like he does for Bowser. I want to be wrong though.

StormC

Smash Hero
Either generic monster grunts or they get his Japanese actor back (who is also Funky).

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Real talk
Like this design:

No thank you
If worse comes to worse and we do get him with no tail then we can always play as him using his kaptain gimmick to make it less noticable.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Do you think they could get Chris Sutherland to reprise his role as K. Rool in DK64?

Or do you think he'd get generic monster grunts like Bowser, DK and Diddy?
he should hiss like a crocodile at some points. It be a neat touch

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Back to the topic of popularity earlier. I see it going something like this.

U.S.: Ridley
Europe: Bayonetta
Japan: K. Rool?

If that's the case then Sakurai really needs to listen to his Japanese fans. Of course, K. Rool is popular worldwide, but we have the luck of having his popularity dominate his country of Japan. So I think it's time they get what they wanted. I think its also worth mentioning that Sakurai never once mentioned Japan when talking about the results for Bayonetta. So I think its likely Sakurai will take their highest vote into account. We can only hope it ended up being our king.
I'd peg Ashley as the "Japan Support" option. Granted, none of us know the full results, but you know she's big over there. That leaves K.Rool open for 'worldwide' status. Also, I don't know if Rids got in from the ballot since a lot of people didn't vote him since the US version said it was only DLC, and Ridley was already on Pyrosphere. Sakurai definitely knew about his populartiy from other channels though.

There's a good chance K.Rool may have topped the ballot in the US, and possibly even Japan. And if so, there's no reason not to include him.
When even IS the next reveal?
I hope we get a Smash Direct before release, mainly to talk about game modes. Remember the 50-facts extravaganza? They may sprinkle a few newcomer announcements around, but I think information is going to be low until another huge infodump somewhere around late October/early November timeframe.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Real talk
Like this design:

No thank you
Seeing as Ocarina of Time Ganondorf returned, maybe there's hope for K. Rool's original depiction. But even if he does get back his tail, K. Rool probably won't use it for any of his attacks.

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:
Top Bottom