• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jx-hosts a smashfest(Columbus,Ga, next one TBA)

Jx31

Smash Ace
With SOD right around the corner I thought it would be a good idea for me to host a smashfest or two.

If there is enough interest They will be on:

Thursday from:12pm or whenever anyone shows up to 11pm.

Friday: 3:00pm-12am

If anyone still wants to smash after the fest is over, your welcomed to come smash in my dorm room on my "tv".

If you're thinking about coming please post, I need to plan ahead since there is limited seating in the TV room(Ten people, though that can be expanded to at least 15 if necessary)

Address

1004 Broadway
Columbus, Ga, 31901
My cell phone no. is-770-757-0713

If you come PLEASE call me BEFORE you arrive so I can let you in ASAP.

If you have any questions, hit me up on aim. My screen name is jx31234.

I probably forgot to post an important piece of info in my haste, please yell at me if I did :).

edit-Tv's and cubes+smash or needed, thanks. Also, any thoughts on a mini tournament if enough people show up?

Attendence:

Prac
Gerbil-Probably
Alpha-Unconfirmed/Probably
Nice1-?
Tsunami-?

Haven't responded but possible attendants:
Ares
Darvel
Dogy
Dp
Seph
Torg

Prac352

Smash Lord
Change the name of the thread to "Jx-nublet hosts a smashfest"

I'm game for some smash next weekend, we'll see how it goes.

Jx31

Smash Ace
This is to any CDE members coming-Please tell the CDE peeps who don't check out smash boards about this, thanks.

edit-I added some things to the first post.

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Yo Jeff

This sounds pretty awesome to me. Hold some of these fests around major GA tournies and I'll try to make every one if at all possible.

*Small note: This is pretty nitpicky.... but the time on Friday says 3:00pm to 12 pm (noon)

Its not necessary to change it ( I knew what you meant ;))
Just being silly here.

Jx31

Smash Ace
*Small note: This is pretty nitpicky.... but the time on Friday says 3:00pm to 12 pm (noon)

Its not necessary to change it ( I knew what you meant ;))
Just being silly here.
It's not nitpicky at all, if there is a mistake(or missing info) let me know, I'll nuke it >:D.

Prac352

Smash Lord
Jeff, I am soooooo sorry for forgetting about you the other day. I promise to make it up to you.

As of right now it looks like I'll be able to make it both days. And I'm game for "mini" tournaments as well.

Jx31

Smash Ace
I can't make Thursday (classes all day) but I'll see about Friday of course :p
You go to CSU right? If so, we have fall break starting Thursday so no classes.

Jeff, I am soooooo sorry for forgetting about you the other day. I promise to make it up to you.

As of right now it looks like I'll be able to make it both days. And I'm game for "mini" tournaments as well.
Meh, it happens.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
You go to CSU right? If so, we have fall break starting Thursday so no classes.

Meh, it happens.
*checks calendar*

Oh **** yeah Fall Break is this week isn't it??? Yeah, I should be down for some on Thursday too. Thanks for reminding me.

Jx31

Smash Ace
Updated the first post with possible attendants. If any of the info is wrong please tell me.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I came today, rocked Jeff for about two hours :p, and then had to split to pick up my bro from school. Youre getting better Jeff. I wish I could promise being there tomorrow, but I can't.

@Jeff -

Today Johns: Wellp: today is my bro's last day here, so I couldn't come back seeing as how I was chillin with him and some old time friends that he'll like... never see again >.<

Tomorrow Johns: Bro leaves, so I will be helping him out with packing and stuff, and I may potentially have to make the drive behind my dad to help move the rest of his stuff.

So yeah, sorry bout the excuses, but that's what is/was going down.

You've gotten much better man, if I had to give any advice I say choose better options when punishing opponents. There were several times when a good smash or knee would be in play that could kill me, but you never jumped on the handle, in fact you chose moves that kept me on the stage which ended up in me losing much fewer stocks than I did. (We won't discuss that nasty 4 stocking... :p) Nor did you jump on the many many edge hog opportunities. But hey, that just comes with more experience, and you did start catching onto my techs, forcing me to change up. Good to see you learn quickly on the spot. :D Have fun man!

@Jared - Loo hoo... zer her! (Ace Ventura style please :p)

Jx31

Smash Ace
I came today, rocked Jeff for about two hours :p, and then had to split to pick up my bro from school. Youre getting better Jeff. I wish I could promise being there tomorrow, but I can't.

@Jeff -

Today Johns: Wellp: today is my bro's last day here, so I couldn't come back seeing as how I was chillin with him and some old time friends that he'll like... never see again >.<

Tomorrow Johns: Bro leaves, so I will be helping him out with packing and stuff, and I may potentially have to make the drive behind my dad to help move the rest of his stuff.

So yeah, sorry bout the excuses, but that's what is/was going down.

You've gotten much better man, if I had to give any advice I say choose better options when punishing opponents. There were several times when a good smash or knee would be in play that could kill me, but you never jumped on the handle, in fact you chose moves that kept me on the stage which ended up in me losing much fewer stocks than I did. (We won't discuss that nasty 4 stocking... :p) Nor did you jump on the many many edge hog opportunities. But hey, that just comes with more experience, and you did start catching onto my techs, forcing me to change up. Good to see you learn quickly on the spot. :D Have fun man!

@Jared - Loo hoo... zer her! (Ace Ventura style please :p)
Thanks for the comments man, and thanks for coming. Sucks about tommorrow though, but you got to do what you got to do >.<.

Also, thanks for coming Prac,Dp, and Ares. Cap. Falcon team dittos XD.

Side note:Alpha........where are you?!

Side side note.......use the bathroom before coming today/Friday, the bathroom nearest to us is across the street.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Thanks for the comments man, and thanks for coming. Sucks about tommorrow though, but you got to do what you got to do >.<.

Also, thanks for coming Prac,Dp, and Ares. Cap. Falcon team dittos XD.

Side note:Alpha........where are you?!

Side side note.......use the bathroom before coming today/Friday, the bathroom nearest to us is across the street.
Oh man this is funny. Today I called Alpha again when I got home, just to see what's up. This is how the phone convo went....

*ring ring*
*phone picks up*
Bai (Alpha's Bro): Hello?
Me: Hey Bai, what's going on?
Bai: Oh... nothing...
Me: Ah.. well hey man, is Alpha there?
Bai: Hold on...
Bai (in the background with the phone on the table): Phone is for you
*5 seconds pass*
Bai: Uhhh.... he's not here right now..
Me: O.o what? No way, Bai I just toally heard you tell him the phone was for him...
Bai: uhhh...
Me: It's ok haha, thanks a bunch man, just tell him to call me back as soon as he can.
Bai: ok...

*2 minutes pass*

*me goes to AIM*

*me clicks and opens AIM chat with Alpha who is "away"*

GerbilMortar (4:08:31 PM): you totally told your bro you're not here!
GerbilMortar (4:10:15 PM): >.<
Max1mum Spyder (4:10:21 PM): Love Hurts
http://ocremix.dreamhosters.com/songs/Sonic_Love_Hurts_OC_ReMix.mp3
GerbilMortar (4:10:28 PM): no, you're definately home >.<
GerbilMortar (4:10:37 PM): you just totally told your bro you're not >.<
GerbilMortar (4:10:45 PM): anyways, hopefully you see this soon. Get a hold of me ASAP please
Max1mum Spyder (4:11:15 PM): haha your smart
GerbilMortar (4:11:22 PM): I certainly am lol

That's the end of that, but that's all the words spoken to each other all day lol. It was pretty funny ^.^

Jx31

Smash Ace
Oh man this is funny. Today I called Alpha again when I got home, just to see what's up. This is how the phone convo went....

*ring ring*
*phone picks up*
Bai (Alpha's Bro): Hello?
Me: Hey Bai, what's going on?
Bai: Oh... nothing...
Me: Ah.. well hey man, is Alpha there?
Bai: Hold on...
Bai (in the background with the phone on the table): Phone is for you
*5 seconds pass*
Bai: Uhhh.... he's not here right now..
Me: O.o what? No way, Bai I just toally heard you tell him the phone was for him...
Bai: uhhh...
Me: It's ok haha, thanks a bunch man, just tell him to call me back as soon as he can.
Bai: ok...

*2 minutes pass*

*me goes to AIM*

*me clicks and opens AIM chat with Alpha who is "away"*

GerbilMortar (4:08:31 PM): you totally told your bro you're not here!
GerbilMortar (4:10:15 PM): >.<
Max1mum Spyder (4:10:21 PM): Love Hurts
http://ocremix.dreamhosters.com/songs/Sonic_Love_Hurts_OC_ReMix.mp3
GerbilMortar (4:10:28 PM): no, you're definately home >.<
GerbilMortar (4:10:37 PM): you just totally told your bro you're not >.<
GerbilMortar (4:10:45 PM): anyways, hopefully you see this soon. Get a hold of me ASAP please
Max1mum Spyder (4:11:15 PM): haha your smart
GerbilMortar (4:11:22 PM): I certainly am lol

That's the end of that, but that's all the words spoken to each other all day lol. It was pretty funny ^.^
And the evidence keeps piling up. o_O

Jx31

Smash Ace
Small update:

Though I doubt anyone will, you can come earlier than 3pm now. That's all

Prac352

Smash Lord
Sucks that this didn't garner much interest. It was fun playing with you, jeff, and you've shown tons of improvement. Keep it up.

Jx31

Smash Ace
Sucks that this didn't garner much interest. It was fun playing with you, jeff, and you've shown tons of improvement. Keep it up.
Thanks Keith, I appericate you staying even though you were the only one who came today, playing you was too much fun. *would write more but brain is fried at the moment >.>*

Top Bottom