• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just wanted to point something out...

Zink

Smash Champion
I think we should all keep in mind that what we see in trailers isn't finalized. Sure, everyone sees that and thinks "Well, maybe those fast rolls will be slowed" or "Maybe stages will change". But it could be more drastic: it's entirely possible things we've seen such as Kirby's higher shorthop, Meta's wing floating, and Pit's rediculous multi-hit attacks aren't going to make it to the final version. I just get the feel that people don't understand that the moves they're seeing aren't 100% real. As a more drastic example, look at when we saw Mario's fair. It looks like Doc's, so a lot of people think Doc is axed. But it's entirely possible they're luigifying Doc, and that version of Mario's fair is tentatively done to increase his viability. Maybe his fair won't be like that in the end. So just keep in mind, what you see is not neccessarily waht you get.

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
I can't say i ever saw a preview movie for melee before it came out (or was it just the intro to the game they showed) but there could be a pattern in what they do and how much it is based on how the actual gameplay will be

Baelen

Smash Cadet
anybody who overanalyzes preview videos that much shouldn't be surprised by the changes that will come

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Wait i've never seen the multi-hit pit combo anyone could point me in the right direction that would be cool..

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
but overanalyzing is fun! *whine*

As long as we don't rely too much on what we find, it's pretty much harmless. Also, as much as things aren't 100% final, many things might stay

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure that all the things in the trailer are true... if you remember in the smash bros melee trailer, you could easily repeat the attacks that they did. I still don't see how the giant puppy is going to play into this... maybe that might not be true... we will have to see.

Antifreeze

Smash Rookie
The multi hits look like they're definatly going to be in there considering Pit and Metaknight's air attacks both seem similar in the 'quick slasher' kinda way

Antifreeze

Smash Rookie
oh yes, not only multiple hits, but multiple posts too -_- sorry, my internet is shot...

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
True. I'm pretty sure everyone should understand that though without having to be told this. Especially after Zelda:tp went through so many changes. But yeah, at least this is out here just in case anyone needs to hear it again to get them back to the reality of things.

Top Bottom