• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just today I tried to play Rosa competitivly

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
So today I wanted to invest in getting good with Rosalina and Luma and using her competitive wise

Either I am too good with the fundementals with Smash or Smash in general

Or Rosalina is easy to pickup

Because I have been getting crazy results with her and former characters that I had a very very bad time with (Cloud,Link,Captain Falcon,Ruy) get wrecked by my Rosa game..Her defensive game is so good and Luma is so good too I can do like strings where Luma does a smash attack from the other side of the stage then directly followup with Rosa connecting with an Up Smash or Up Air..Its like playing tennis and my enemy is the tennis ball

I never was huge on Rosa and I barely have any knowledge of how she works what is commonly used or her combos,techs etc

So yeah Rosalina is like my saviour against all the pesky Cloud and Link mains who **** up my super offensive ZSS or spacing Marth because I can be so defensive and I can force them to play at my pace and be creative with Luma at the same time..

20 wins in one day.I never ever played her online till now.

Anyone else have a similiar experience? I though Rosa was a character you need a lot of experience to be really really good at and the people I face at For Glory arent neccesarily bad..Some of them are good and they beat me but when I switch to Rosalina I two stock them most of the time..

Royug

Smash Cadet
For Glory is not a good indicator. Like you said, some people on FG are good, but A LOT of them are bad.

Also, I wouldn't really consider picking Rosa to be Cloud. Actually it's one of her hardest matchups, because of Cloud's good speed, insane range and disjoint and the way he can kill Luma very easily.

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
For Glory is not a good indicator. Like you said, some people on FG are good, but A LOT of them are bad.

Also, I wouldn't really consider picking Rosa to be Cloud. Actually it's one of her hardest matchups, because of Cloud's good speed, insane range and disjoint and the way he can kill Luma very easily.
Cloud is a struggle for everyone but not a lot of Clouds online specifically are good at defense so you see why it works in my favour

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
If everything you're saying is the truth, the players you are fighting are all trash at this game.

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
If everything you're saying is the truth, the players you are fighting are all trash at this game.
Nah I dont think I am good with Rosa maybe I am just too good at the Neutral game and that I could probaly beat all of them with any character

But still I dont think I ever picked up a character and get crazy results like this maybe I just know FG people too well and I need to head to Anthers a lot more

Last edited:

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Nah I dont think I am good with Rosa maybe I am just too good at the Neutral game
You don't realize how you sound saying this?

Regardless, Rosalina has a very odd neutral game that requires incorporation of many high level fighting game concepts. I promise you that you don't know optimal play with her.

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
You don't realize how you sound saying this?

Regardless, Rosalina has a very odd neutral game that requires incorporation of many high level fighting game concepts. I promise you that you don't know optimal play with her.
I dont find Rosa complicated or Odd at all? All you need to do is just setup Luma as a wall and space around your defensive wall while also trying to be offensive with Luma at the same time

Like I can down tilt people on For Glory 5 times in a row while I am at the other side of the stage and they keep going off stage

Or for example Luma also helps as a shield and an extender of my Smash Attacks or Aerials..

Or I can play tennis with my enemies

Or I can get out of very powerful attacks I by mistake run into because Luma takes it instead of me

Oh and her best thing I once got my shield broken and this Lucina is charging and I just stop her with Luma while Rosa is confused or I get out of Jab combos with Luma..Luma is just really great

But withouth Luma I can even kickass with just simple bread and butter grabs into FAIRS or NAIRS so yes her neutral game is good but you need to be careful

You can be fancy with Luma but Rosa on her own is good enough for me to go do Aggresive styles if I feel like it..

So Rosa withouth Luma is Upper Mid Tier or High Tier and Rosa+Luma is what makes her 3rd best Char I guess but really most of my recent matches I dont play super defensive and I do fine

Last edited:

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
I dont find Rosa complicated or Odd at all? All you need to do is just setup Luma as a wall and space around your defensive wall while also trying to be offensive with Luma at the same time

Like I can down tilt people on For Glory 5 times in a row while I am at the other side of the stage and they keep going off stage

Or for example Luma also helps as a shield and an extender of my Smash Attacks or Aerials..

Or I can play tennis with my enemies

Or I can get out of very powerful attacks I by mistake run into because Luma takes it instead of me

Oh and her best thing I once got my shield broken and this Lucina is charging and I just stop her with Luma while Rosa is confused or I get out of Jab combos with Luma..Luma is just really great

But withouth Luma I can even kickass with just simple bread and butter grabs into FAIRS or NAIRS so yes her neutral game is good but you need to be careful

You can be fancy with Luma but Rosa on her own is good enough for me to go do Aggresive styles if I feel like it..

So Rosa withouth Luma is Upper Mid Tier or High Tier and Rosa+Luma is what makes her 3rd best Char I guess but really most of my recent matches I dont play super defensive and I do fine
Point proven. You'll get destroyed by high level players with this type of stuff. What separates high level players from the rest is their ability to make an opponent do whatever the high level player wants just by standing. Rosalina's gameplan revolves entirely around this at the top level, and she loses this ability when Luma is dead. The only reason the things that you do are working is because it's FG.

Sorry if I'm coming off as demeaning, but you can't just come here and start telling everyone that you're a great player because you won some matches on FG then spread inconsistent, sub-par strategies that are easily beaten with the teeniest bit of matchup knowledge.

Last edited:

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Point proven. You'll get destroyed by high level players with this type of stuff. What separates high level players from the rest is their ability to make an opponent do whatever the high level player wants just by standing. Rosalina's gameplan revolves entirely around this at the top level, and she loses this ability when Luma is dead. The only reason the things that you do are working is because it's FG.

Sorry if I'm coming off as demeaning, but you can't just come here and start telling everyone that you're a great player because you won some matches on FG then spread inconsistent, sub-par strategies that are easily beaten with the teeniest bit of matchup knowledge.
No you are demeaning and hugely arrogant

Is being a Good Player Top Ten now? You think I have no clue about High Level play? You think after spending 400+ hours on a game competivly that I am clueless? And I am not even counting my time watching Pros play or analyzing the Metagame

I know the clear difference between For Glory and High level play I have had several pros ****ing sit me down and tell me what the difference was for hours at a time so I think I got that through my head down but apparently I cannot brag about how smooth a character has been from me and that I am probaly missing a billion techs of Rosaline and Luma out there..

And I probaly am missing some big things from her but my point is I never though I would use Rosa but now she is working really well for me so let me have my moment

Yes of course its counterable you think everyone in For Glory are a bunch of idiots? Several people have already proven to me that its easily counterable

I find Smashers very arrogant..I consider someone that can beat up a Level 9 CPU easily a good player..You guys act like being good = Top 10 in Major Regionals or Nationals and that everyone below that is trash

Not everyone has the privelege of having a huge scene and having the ability to fight the PROS head on I bet your ass there is a lot of talent that needs to be discovered and these guys fight on For Glory

I have seen this before on Reddit how people just ridicule or demean people that want to get into Smash because they are scared or hurt that these people consider themselves better than them

I never said I was better than you or any Big Rosa Mains out here do you take me as a ****ing egomaniac or something?

Maybe you shouldnt get so fuzzed up over the word "Great" She worked out great for me okay

Maybe thats something different for you maybe my great is your **** it doesnt matter dont treat it as me putting myself above you

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Errrrr....... You asked if Rosa is easy to pick up or if you're just really good. I explained that you're only winning with these tactics because it's FG. Sorry you didn't get the praise you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom