• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Just the Tip" --- umbrella slayage.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
As most of us know, if Peach's umbrella is open and an enemy touches "Just the tip" of it, it has a relatively high knockback. I find this hilarious.

Out of curiosity - does anyone else utilize this for KOs? I usually enjoy juggling enemies with UAir, and purposely using the umbrella JUST SHORT of a proper hit -- so that they fall on just the tip, and die.

I find its especially useful against fighters who have poor horizontal air movement, like Shulk, Ike, Robin, etc.

Does anyone use this?
:4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach:

(and if there is a thread like this already, my apologies!)

SirMistery

Smash Rookie
NNID
SirMistery
Yeah parasol kills are pretty common. My favorite thing to do is dtilt -> upb which can kill lightweight characters pretty easily from the top.

XinShot

Smash Apprentice
parasol kills are so satisfying it's hilarious

not only the tip, but if you read an air dodge you can reverse up B and hit them with only the initial hit and they'll go flying

i've been killed at 60 from it once with rage

ugg1020

Smash Cadet
The opened parasol seems to out-prioritize Yoshi's Down-B. I have gotten a few kills due to careless Yoshis trying to punish me from above while I was floating down.

Last edited:

Silxer

Smash Apprentice
The opened parasol seems to out-prioritize Yoshi's Down-B. I have gotten a few kills due to careless Yoshis trying to punish me from above while I was floating down.
Didn't know that, I'll keep that in mind the next time I fight a Yoshi player. ^^

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
UpB (both last hit and open parasol) has a base knockback value of 90 which is ridiculously high. Moves with high baseknock tend to have a strong rage effect so with rage you can kill very early with Up B.

Note that open Parasol is much stronger than last hit Parasol. You don't have hit with the tip, it's equally strong everywhere. I have killed a Pacman once at 45% with open Parasol :3.

Top Bottom