• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just some random discovery

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
Alright, we all know how kirby's crouch owns hard. You could attack from an ariel and follow it into a crouch to avoid most any counter attacks including grabs. Well fear not, this ability also shares some quality with the rest of the smash crew. Its the ability to dodge a grab just by crouching. Now this technique doesn't always work because it depends largely on the height of your character and the height of your opponent. So if you're DK or Bowser, you won't be dodging any grabs, but as you gradually get shorter, the more the crouch-dodge is available to use. Of course some opponents are just impossible to crouch dodge like pichu even if you're Kirby, but that's why it largely depends on the height's of the characters.

To do the crouch dodge, only takes a bit of spacing expertise. The only way I can describe it, is you can't be touching your opponent while crouching, but you have to be just a couple inches away from him/her for the crouch-dodge to work. An interesting thing about it, is if you're character has a dsmash that when charged, it leaves them in a crouching position (ex: Mario, Luigi, Young Link) you are still able to crouch dodge as a slightly charged dsmash provided its spaced correctly. If you guys just screw around with it, you'll understand it works, but again, IT CAN ONLY DODGE GRABS. So its not terribly useful, and its only an option to use against shield grabbing, but the crouch adds a nice mindgame. So now, go out there and torture some grab happy Marths!

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
I discovered this "technique" as well recently. I main Sheik, and I noticed that with some characters (not IC nor Fox/Falco) I could SHFFL the Fair, then instantly crouch and duck under their sheild grab. If I remember correctly, it worked on Marths, Ganons, annd CFs from who I've played.
This "technique" obviously angers whoever I'm playing against to no end. "WHA...?! HOW DID I MISS THAT GRAB!?!? GAH! NOT ANOTHER COMBOOOOOOO!!!!" *KO*
^^

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I mainly crouch to avoid spammers, no one I play grabs much so I don't have to worry about that.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't know lol, but that would explain why I beat most people I play against.

ICs grab [I can't remember if wobble is the right term, meh..] = ****

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
well you say luigi's can dodge by crouching, but they can't dodge falco's grab when crouching. And if done on jungle japes, pandora's box glitch, own't.
Pandora's Box, look in the misc. videos room first page.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
fat link aint dodgin nobody. dont know if u mentioned jiggs but her crouch = ridiculous as well
I need to get this down as well, for exactly that reason. I hear that if Jiggly crouches under a Marth's grab, the Jiggly is able to Rest the Marth because of the outstretched arm. >.>

Top Bottom