• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just played as Pit tonight (again)

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
I liked him. Let me know if you have any questions about him or other characters, I got to play for a good 3 or 4 hours.

Made some new discoveries this time around. His mirror shield isn't as useful as I thought it was. Turns out it will block/reflect projectiles and certain attacks (like a dash attack), but will not block other attacks. I had a MK use his neutral A on my while i had my shield out and the shield did not block it. Also during a match I use the shield and an aerial went through it, very uncool. Also, his nair has alot of landing lag after it. I was trying to short hop some nairs and it just ended up hurting me. Also, I know this was mentioned in another post but PIT HAS A MAJOR WEAKNESS. If he is under the stage your opponent has a really good chance for a free kill. If pit gets knocked out of his ^B by your opponent it will gimp him and he will be unable to reuse it and have no more jumps and fall to his doom. So to all those people thinking he will be broken...he isn't.

feel free to keep the questions coming

SiShenDao

Smash Apprentice
Is is hard to kill as pit at higher percentages? i mean he uses rapid attacks so the first ones must not have good knockback so i'm assuming you have to time it so the last strike hits?

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
im curious about his smash (forwards) B attack, that bow spinner thing. how does that work, and is it useful?

cheers man =)
Going in to my matches last night I really didn't think it was going to be useful. Looking at the videos it seemed like there would easily be was around it, and the way the noobs spam it just didnt make it look good. However, everytime I used it I got a few hits on someone and it did not leave me very open. Alot of times I got people locked into it where I would just rack up damage before they dould DI out. Overall, I would say at this point i did find it to be a useful attack.

Is is hard to kill as pit at higher percentages? i mean he uses rapid attacks so the first ones must not have good knockback so i'm assuming you have to time it so the last strike hits?
No, I did not have a problem with this. You do need to make sure you are using one of his kill moves though. You can't use his up aerial and expect it to kill at a low percent (usually below 150). But, his Fair his Bair his foward smash were all great kill moves and had good knockback. So, to answer your question his "rapid attacks" aren't good for killing so timing anything isn't and issue. If you could be more specific with which attacks I could give you a more detailed answer.

Topaz989

Smash Cadet
Okay, this maybe saying much but since you mentioned that people could locked into it, is it possible to get a friend, and a third person (make him not do anything) and have you and your friend like Angel ring at the same time with the guy in the middle.

Pit=OPO=Pit

Here's a diagram, The "O" represents angel rings and the "P"is the no moving person .

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Okay, this maybe saying much but since you mentioned that people could locked into it, is it possible to get a friend, and a third person (make him not do anything) and have you and your friend like Angel ring at the same time with the guy in the middle.

Pit=OPO=Pit

Here's a diagram, The "O" represents angel rings and the "P"is the no moving person .
I don't see why it wouldn't work. Although, the person would more than likely eventually be able to DI out of it.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Angel ring is not unlimited right? You can hold the button to increase the duration of the move but it won't last forever unless I'm misinformed. Also, can Pit's arrows kill at any percents?

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Can I ask what his down-B is? The dojo said it was "Mirror Shield" which has given me the idea it's like marths Counter. Care to specify what it's like, or how to use it corectly?

[edit]- Thank you Iron Blade for your help. Sorry to ask a useless question...

iron blade

Smash Ace
Can I ask what his down-B is? The dojo said it was "Mirror Shield" which has given me the idea it's like marths Counter. Care to specify what it's like, or how to use it corectly?
The mirror shield is literally a big blue shiny shield that Pit pulls out and puts in front of himself. It reflects projectiles and deflects attacks like a regular shield. It is unlimited, but you can be grabbed out of it and it only protects one side of you. It can be seen in the Pit vs Snake video at 0:51.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Angel ring is not unlimited right? You can hold the button to increase the duration of the move but it won't last forever unless I'm misinformed. Also, can Pit's arrows kill at any percents?
I never saw angel ring run out, and I kept it held for a while. The arrows can't kill even in sudden death.

i may sound like an idiot...

but what is angel ring? what does it do? what does it look like?
Angel ring is pits side special.

PeachyPit

Smash Apprentice
I got to play as Pit last night too! XD

Overall i had a ton of fun playing as him. I like him a lot.

Have you developed any sweet combos yet? I'm in the procees of it...

And how you do like his range with his blades, it's so short i'm not completely used to it yet.

Bluefire

Smash Rookie
hey man, i wanna know how floaty he is
is he like Kirby floaty?
or Marth in melee floaty?
also, are his smashes effective enough to KO with,
because from what i've seen in videos he deals many rapid damage dealing atttacks, not many knockback moves

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
I got to play as Pit last night too! XD

Overall i had a ton of fun playing as him. I like him a lot.

Have you developed any sweet combos yet? I'm in the procees of it...

And how you do like his range with his blades, it's so short i'm not completely used to it yet.
Well it wouldn't hurt if his blades were longer, but it wasn't that big of a deal for me.

hey man, i wanna know how floaty he is
is he like Kirby floaty?
or Marth in melee floaty?
also, are his smashes effective enough to KO with,
because from what i've seen in videos he deals many rapid damage dealing atttacks, not many knockback moves
He seemed more floaty like Marth in melee. His smashes are effective for KOing

draigaran

Smash Apprentice
Is it useful to spam arrows like it is with Link and his projectiles? I saw them go pretty fast in the vids.
Doesn't that side-b "NANANANNANNA" get annoying? :b

Dice

Smash Lord
I got to play pit last night for quite a while, he seems to be a good character. His downsmash/forward smash/bair kill nicely, he is good at edgegaurding (jump off bair to bair, solid trashkill on some chars), recovery is amazing, and actually isn't too light, I managed to live to high percents (150+) pretty much every stock. He is a very cool character.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Does his Angel Ring only last as long as you hold B, or is there a minimum time to it? Every time I see it used in a video, it looks like he keeps using it a while after it should be obvious that he missed or that it isn't useful anymore, so that makes me worry that perhaps he can't immediately get out of it once he begins.

Zevox

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Does his Angel Ring only last as long as you hold B, or is there a minimum time to it? Every time I see it used in a video, it looks like he keeps using it a while after it should be obvious that he missed or that it isn't useful anymore, so that makes me worry that perhaps he can't immediately get out of it once he begins.

Zevox
He cannot immediately get out of it, but its also not as bad as the videos have been showing. What I mean is you cannot just use the attack, see that it missed or whatever, and cancel it.

_Tediz_

Smash Rookie
Is it really as easy as it look to come back on the stage by flying? It looks like Jiglypuff in Melee: as long as you don't KO him, he'll come back on the stage.

Dice

Smash Lord
Pit's recovery (as well as majority of the chars) is very good. With the glide his horizontal is awesome, and with his up B his vertical is awesome.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Is it really as easy as it look to come back on the stage by flying? It looks like Jiglypuff in Melee: as long as you don't KO him, he'll come back on the stage.
Yes

Pit's recovery (as well as majority of the chars) is very good. With the glide his horizontal is awesome, and with his up B his vertical is awesome.
He is right, Pit's recovery is great, but so is a lot of other character's. The difference is Pit can pretty much chill and "play" off the edge while others characters are restricted. For example, Snake has an excellent recovery, however when he is knocked off he must use it to get right back on the stage and cannot linger off it. Pit can

Can't you glide in basically any direction?
up, down, left, right...uhm yeah :). Not completely vertical though mind you, when you are gliding up and down it is at an angle...i think thats obvious though.

Heretic Hero

Smash Rookie
I played with pit a couple hours today as well, his forward B, has good priority and also reflects projectiles, it also chains well with forward tilt
alot of his moves are tough to Ko with besides Fair and Bair, and his forward smash,
and for recovery, basically no matter where u are u will be able to recover, his up b, lasts at least 4 seconds of boost, (say I was on final destination, I could fly off the screen) with out even using jumps
As for the reflector shield slow coming out of, but decently fast to put up, cant turn around with it, but blocks some attacks and reflects projectiles.
As for gliding, double tap Y on the cube controller uses up one jump and then glides on second, u can pick up some good speed and go instantly into a Dair, or down tilt when u get to the ground

Heretic Hero

Smash Rookie
And also for teh angel ring (forward B), it lasts about 2-3 seconds just pressing forward b, once but if you continually tap B, it will go on until you stop, good for trapping against walls :)

Heretic Hero

Smash Rookie
O ya and his arrows are hella fast, just click B once and it shoots across the stage, the longer you charge the more damage,
also able to shoot completely vertical,

PeachyPit

Smash Apprentice
The more i play with Pit, the more i love him.

I'm not sure if this was just a fluke, but i think his mirror shield can also turn the character around, like mario's cape.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
The more i play with Pit, the more i love him.

I'm not sure if this was just a fluke, but i think his mirror shield can also turn the character around, like mario's cape.
I noticed that too. I only tried it once, but when someone hit me when i had my mirror shield out they turned around.

Gooche

Smash Rookie
Pit is a monster so far. I played with him by far the most last night against friends. His ^B makes it out of this world. He already has a great number of hops (ala Kirby) any way...add the ^B and recovery is almost GOD like.

His arrows will def be spammed. They are insanely quick. And versitile. My fav use so far was to hit the Smash Ball with an arrow from across the map. I am getting pretty good with bending the light arrow. When I found that he can get the Smash Orb with out physically touching it I decided to try to work on that skill.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Both the sideB and the downB reflect projectiles, right? Do they do damage on the return, like when reflected by the shine?
Can you cancel the upB into an arrow or sideB? If not, can you gain vertical height faster with the upB by repeatedly pressing the B button?
Can he spike/semi spike?

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Both the sideB and the downB reflect projectiles, right? Do they do damage on the return, like when reflected by the shine?
Can you cancel the upB into an arrow or sideB? If not, can you gain vertical height faster with the upB by repeatedly pressing the B button?
Can he spike/semi spike?
Yes and yes.
Pressing B only makes Pit rise quicker when he is using his ^B
No he cannot, his dair actually pops the opponent up a little bit.

PeachyPit

Smash Apprentice
Just for clarification, i played again tonights and yes if you mirror sheild an attack (not a projectile) it turns them arround.

Hopefully i'll have some videos up of some sweet pit on pit matches. XD

Top Bottom