• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just picked up Captain Falcon, critique please (vids inside)

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Alright, well I'm thinking i should pick up C.Falcon as my secondary to Fox mainly because he's so gangster. Well, here are some vids of my Captain Falcon.

KrazyKnux (Black C.Falcon) vs. Jade (Blue C.Falcon) Match 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59T-P3XofdQ

KrazyKnux (Black C.Falcon) vs. Jade (Blue C.Falcon) Match 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTiz-nVeKCI

Obviously, I'm the black Captain Falcon. You can critique Jade if you want, I don't really care. I haven't read a Falcon specific guide yet, so I'll do that soon. But if there are any Falcon specific strategies you feel I need to be doing, let me know.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yeah, my bad. I'll probably upload some vids within the next couple weeks against some different competition. But any help until then would be appreciated.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Yup, indeed, that blue Falcon sucked alot, he had no idea really were any of his attacks were going to land and wasn't fast at all.

You have a few good ideas, you need to work on your SHFFL and speed and combos and accuracy, but you seem to have the style down OK. Better competition will give you the hang of what not to do with CF, but my recommendation is not to jab so much, any time you can jab against CF you can just grab. Falcon specific matchup stuff is that you can chainthrow with uthrow at mid %s, Uthrow->fsmash if they don't DI away around 80 or so, raptor boost->knee ***** falcon when he whiffs an aerial. Also learn to grab out of all your moves at low %, didn't see much of that.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
How should I work on my speed? I thought I was relatively fast with my movements (dashdance, wavedash, etc). But yeah, I'm not quite sure why I wasn't getting my shffl down well. I guess I have problems with FFing it when I hit, but I don't seem to have that problem with Fox. I'll definitely work on that though. Thanks for the advice. I'll work on that extra stuff you told me to do. And I should get some vids up somewhere in the near future with better competition.

stalfos

Smash Journeyman
A few times it seemed like u were just standing right next to him waiting for him to jump away. You could easily have gotten a grab in most of those cases.

Top Bottom