• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just out of curiosity, How do you do your FC aerials?

MisterNipNips

Smash Cadet
NNID
MisterNipNips
I've been picking up peach lately and im having a ton of fun playing her. I started using Z for her aerials because it just feels easier to manage while floating. What do you guys use for your aerials? and why do you think it may be the best option? I know some peach mains claw, some use A for aerials and some Z. Just wanted to get a general consensus. Does anyone know what armada uses?

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
I just use A since I use Y to jump and its easy to roll my thumb down to the A button.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
i put half of my thumb on X and the other half on A. it's more comfortable for me, but i'm a noob who holds his controller the "regular" way.

Last edited:

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
While clawing is interesting for playing Peach, people with regular grip usually slide their thumb from X to A while doing the stick motion for their FC Aerials.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I use z as well, it just feels way better and since I use L to shield instead of R, my fingers up there arent doing anything anyways.

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
Z is not interesting because one of the follow-ups to FC-Nair on shield or FC-Fair on shield is grabbing.

Magus420

Smash Master
I use either Y (side of index finger) + cstick-nonnair/A-nair (thumb), or X (right side of thumb) + A (left side of thumb).

Preference for Y+cstick for non-nair and X+A for nair, but depends whether my finger is near Y or Z at the time and if the bit of time to move it would be an issue. Hold the controller 'normally' other than moving my finger between Y/Z.

Jmanthedragonguy

Smash Rookie
Hey fellas. What is the best method for low float instant neutral airs? Everytime I do it I accidentally do my down air because of the down input on the low float. Do you manually return your control stick to neutral really fast, or do you just let it return to neutral on its own? It is something that is really bugging me T.T

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Hey fellas. What is the best method for low float instant neutral airs? Everytime I do it I accidentally do my down air because of the down input on the low float. Do you manually return your control stick to neutral really fast, or do you just let it return to neutral on its own? It is something that is really bugging me T.T
It does that for everyone, just takes a LOT of practice to quickly return it to neutral.

Filosafer

Smash Apprentice
Switch your cstick to attack. You can nair by hitting a diagonal. It gets some getting used to, but it's useful.

Top Bottom