• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just noticed something about Lucas's Up Smash.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
If I remember correctly from the General board topic, DK's USmash is also stronger. Lucas still has the overall best, though, what with the absolutely ridiculous size of that hitbox even to his sides.

Levitas

the moon
It's slow. It's in no way the best usmash, unless lucas is better than all other characters with good usmashes, and then only because it's attached to a good character.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
It's slow. It's in no way the best usmash, unless lucas is better than all other characters with good usmashes, and then only because it's attached to a good character.
Well okay it's just my opinion, one shared by many, but the greatness of his USmash has nothing to do with how good a character he is in general. Meta Knight's FSmash is no better simply because it's attached to MK any more than Bowser's >B sucks because it belongs to him. The range, disjointedness, and other properties of any given attack are static and can be evaluated independently of the character that has the attack.

I don't find the slowness a big deal. The lingering hitbox the size of an XBox counterbalances that quite well plus it has top-level priority, enough horizontal range to punish rolls, and simply massive power. Nobody's going to deny it's at least one of the best.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
since a lot of people are rolling now to compensate for a lack of wavedash, surprise up smashes are made of win.

Top Bottom