• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just moved to NC. Where u at melee?

J-Flo

Smash Cadet
Hey NC!

I just moved down from Jersey, and I wanted to know what the melee scene is like down here. To be honest, tristate smash was pretty **** so I may be a little spoiled. :p Sry, brawl just isn't for me.

I heard from Pee Pee at Apex that you guys are pretty active down here, and I'd love to get involved. Where do you guys gather? How often? Where is the best place to search on smashboards for smashfests/tournaments in NC? In the Social thread or general Atlantic South thread?

Anyway, I'll be attending UNC Chapel Hill so I'm up for anything happening on campus (I live off campus, but it's not far). Stuff at Duke works too I guess.

I can't wait to hear from you guys!

P.S. This posting on smashboards is still new to me so I want to apologize in advance if I don't respond in a timely manner. That being said, the best way to get me is through this thread or through PM for now.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Hey NC!

I just moved down from Jersey, and I wanted to know what the melee scene is like down here. To be honest, tristate smash was pretty **** so I may be a little spoiled. :p Sry, brawl just isn't for me.

I heard from Pee Pee at Apex that you guys are pretty active down here, and I'd love to get involved. Where do you guys gather? How often? Where is the best place to search on smashboards for smashfests/tournaments in NC? In the Social thread or general Atlantic South thread?

Anyway, I'll be attending UNC Chapel Hill so I'm up for anything happening on campus (I live off campus, but it's not far). Stuff at Duke works too I guess.

I can't wait to hear from you guys!

P.S. This posting on smashboards is still new to me so I want to apologize in advance if I don't respond in a timely manner. That being said, the best way to get me is through this thread or through PM for now.
Hell yes to all of this.

As too general info: You can find tourneys in the general Atl. South forum. But if you really want to get into the Bromance of NC Smash culture (kind of a necessity), then you need to be a regular in the stickied thread called Stack It Up.

It shouldn't be too hard to get to tourneys in the area. UNC, Duke and NCSU all have somewhat frequent tourney series (Bro/Karn fests, Duke "Biweeklies," and Smash Stacks, respectively), and there are occasional house tourneys as well.

Hopefully I'll be able to meet you at some point. If I can, I look forward to it.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hit up Lord Karn on the boards. He can help you with a lot of stuff(meeting others, etc). Also do what ph00t said lol.

Glad to have you with us bro. =)

Top Bottom