• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just how the hell do you fight the little *******

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
It seems that the pikmin absorb projectiles. His range of attack and grabs are insane. Pikmin slow down the opponent when they are attached. He's very small, so he's very difficult to hit air to ground (which is where he stays). And he's fast enough to keep moving around FD and pull out Pikmin ultra fast.

So who is his worst match thus far? One of my crew members is maining Olimar and he's absolutly disgusting with him.

If he doesn't have a bad match up, what are at least ways to approach him or get in and stay in his face? He's really good at running away.

PS I know you can gimp him because he only has Tether, but my opponent is no noob and can DI and is almost always above the stage, rendering edgehogging worthless. Are there any attacks that semi spike like Shiek's Fair or Pikachu's Uair like Melee?

AlbelsPanties

Smash Cadet
Olimar is VERY vulnerable at certain times. Get at him when he's low on Pikmin and when he's reorganizing his Pikmin. If you can keep the pressure on an Olimar player at these times, he'll have a very tough time bringing his strength to bear against you.

When Olimar has a full complement of organized Pikmin, use the stage, evasion and rolling to try to get him to waste pikmin, then punish him for it. Once you get rid of his momentum, he's easy to stop. If you get an advantage, take it for everything it's worth, because Olimar will destroy you if you let him do whatever he wants.

Top Bottom