• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just how good is Inkling?

What general tier is Inkling in competitive?

• Top Tier

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • High Tier

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mid tier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Low tier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bottom tier

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Rick-Woomy!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
7643-3959-7772
As an Inkling main in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, I sometimes wonder- what tier is Inkling in competitive? Is she a high A tier like some people say, or a top S tier like some others say? Or is she overrated, and really a high B tier, maybe just a mid C tier, or crazily enough a low or even bottom tier? In my opinion, out of my experience of maining her in ultimate, I'd say she's somewhere around a B tier- viable, with good options, a great combo game, great offstage game, great mobility, stage control, and the ink mechanic, although not without her disadvantages- a struggle to kill competently, an unfavorable disadvantage state, ink management, and a skill ceiling with a playstyle that requires skill, technique, and practice.

There are of course notable Inkling mains in the competitie scene that helps this character a lot for competitive- Armada, Cosmos, ect. These professional competitive players are very skilled-maybe top- players who are able to consistently do well with Inkling, maybe with secondaries/pockets for bad matchups.

Personally, Super Smash Bros is my favorite series of all time so while I may not at all be anywhere near being a top player, I will play this video game series until the end of time. My other smash mains are Marff, but I've never touched a Fire Emblem game before, I just like Marff because he's fun and good. However, I am a fan of the Splatoon series and I think the Splatoon games are pretty fun.

That's my rant! I want to know what your thoughts are, and I'll like to chat with y'all in the replies.

Last edited:

SquibboSmash

Smash Rookie
I think he or she is a strong A tier. They have great air attacks, and strong consistent combos AND a couple zero to deaths. They also have great specials and grabs, and they are really fast, and hard to hit. Can't kill what you can't hit. Inklings recovery is so awesome, allowing them to go deep. They also have a triple jump when roller cancelling. They aren't crazy overpowered, but they don't suck. The only reason they would be lower is because they are hard to play, or you play bad.(Not you but people in general)

Last edited:

Rick-Woomy!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
7643-3959-7772
Yeah I’ve changed my mind Inkling def around A+/S ish tier, so high/top.

Anything you can say for people like me who can struggle to read opponents air options to up throw up air kill confirm? I know you just gotta read habits and crap but what else can help?

Last edited:

CharacterCrisisKing

Smash Apprentice
I mean, he/she's one of the most mobile fighters, not to mention the crazy variety with the splat bomb zoning, the snake-level aerials, the freaky jab, they're such an incredibly unique character.

Top Bottom