• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just had the spookiest online session of my life! (Odd bugs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
So here I am minding my own business, fighting a Zelda online as Incineroar and I killed her one times too many and the guy rage quits. At least, that is what I initially assumed. You know how when you get a disconnect a low level CPU takes over? Well that did in fact happen, but the CPU took over Incineroar instead of Zelda, and Zelda just stood there uncontrolled. Mildly confused, I unplugged my controller which paused the game and let me select which character I wanted to control... I picked Incineroar just to be safe and finished the AFK Zelda. Odd bug, but as long as its the only one it will be a normal night right?

Well I swap over to Robin to get some Elite Smash matches in before I turn in for bed, and I start lagging... in the waiting lobby. I then proceed to have a very unpleasant laggy match against a Ness, followed by a slightly higher quality match against a Dr.Mario and I am starting to think my internet is the problem even though I have an ethernet cable set up, but I want to be sure so I go for one more match.

That match did not immediately happen, instead I got stuck on the loading screen, and then the game told me "The 4/4 lobby is full" followed by "There was a connection issue" and I am booted back to the main menu. I am a bit spooked at this point, but I want that last game damn it!

But the game had one last scare for me... A Piranha Plant who simply goes by the name "TheGuy". No bugs, just this odd specimen. I start the match and he is incredibly passive. In fact, he is just standing there... jumping and throwing out a move every now and then. I start to wonder if I lost connection to him and the CPU bot was back, but he went for plays no CPU would go for, such as coherent combos out of his down throw, and good edge guard attempts.

Yet 70% of the match he stayed sedentary... even when off stage he would just let himself fall and would start recovering at the most awkward of times. Whenever he reached the ledge he would just sit there, long after his invincibility frames went away. He was not baiting anything, and he was not trying to get hit. He just got up whenever he felt like it. This odd erratic behavior combined with the random good plays made me uncomfortable to say the least.

After a long awkward match, I go up to the ledge while hes just sitting there and downsmash after his invincibility frames go away. He just sits there and lets it kill him. Then as the match ends I see his GSP and it is almost at 3,600,000 and he says "Fun Times!" and that was the end... If not for the events leading up to this I would of said this was a very well executed troll play from a meme character... but not it was something more.

Some kind of dark karmic energy has taken control of my Switch... and it has taken the shape of a potted plant. I don't know what I did to deserve this, maybe one of my fallen foes was just a young child who had eagerly gotten the game for their birthday, or maybe it's what I get for maining male Robin... I do not know, and I do not care to know. The one thing I do know, is that I am thoroughly spooked....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom