• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just getting into Project M, how do I Toon Link?

MrTurner

Smash Rookie
NNID
imnotonfire
3DS FC
4339-2611-0575
Hello!

(This is going to be my introduction too, I guess.)
So I've been following the Project M scene for a little bit now, and I finally decided to join in!
I've played smash casually for a few years, but when I found out about Project M and its competitive community, I instantly fell in love.
So I come to you guys! How do I start playing smash competitively, and most importantly, how to play toon link. Any tips or information would be gladly appreciated and help with some basic and advanced techniques would be helpful too. ( I know stuff like wavedashing and l-canceling but I would love some help with SHFFL's and more Toon Link specific stuff like bomb jumping).

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
So, about bombs: You can throw them regularly, toss them (press grab), glide toss them (roll + c-stick/attack), or aerial glide toss them (air dodge and immediately c-stick/attack). Practice at different timings if you have problems with it at first
For bomb jumping, you want to aerial glide toss up (up -> air dodge -> throw up) and immediately up-b into it. If you pull the next bomb hold the stick down as if you want to do a down-tilt on a platform without falling through, because you won't enter fastfall and recovering gets easier.
What exactly do you want to know about the SHFLLs?
Watch videos by @Lunchables and @Jolteon is one thing I can recommend for the practical part.

Top Bottom