• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just found out you can wave-land Marth's SH F-air...

Ben Zed

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
BENZ#0
... Anyone know any cool implementations of this? I found out about it while I was practicing tech earlier, and I feel like it opens up a lot of options. I just don't know what because I'm still pretty scrubby. I've also never seen anyone use it for some reason, so for all I know it's useless.

niffyjiffy

Smash Cadet
An early fair is easily punishable by a grab if it whiffs.

*speculation coming up*

If you fair early enough to make them think you're doing a short hop double fair, you could punish the option they'd use to punish it.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Anything I can think of would be pretty mindgame-heavy. Putting yourself in the air and committing to a sword swing are two things that make Marth pretty vulnerable, so throwing the fair out early (as opposed to a late fair like you would use to retreat) and not covering yourself with the second fair doesn't sound very safe, even if you do get a wavedash's length in the direction of your choice on landing.

Toe

Smash Apprentice
Definitely has limited uses, perhaps you could use the fair and wave land backwards an some sort of retreating option? Other than that it may help with following up combos but I havent attempted this and sort of doubt it would be any more effective than just l canceling it and dashing but who knows :p It limits you to using a rising fair which isn't always the best option but who knows, play around with it and see what happens!

Toe

Smash Apprentice
Oh and maybe if the opponent DIs inwards you can wave land backward and grab? Or i guess even if they DI away maybe you can waveland forward and grab? This is all theory but sounds like it may work

Ben Zed

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
BENZ#0
Oh and maybe if the opponent DIs inwards you can wave land backward and grab? Or i guess even if they DI away maybe you can waveland forward and grab? This is all theory but sounds like it may work
I mean hey, All I really want is theories; this entire thread was sort of meant to be theory craft. I like the way you're thinking though; my main idea for it was to use it as a retreating option. I tend to come at people with SH double Fair a lot (like a noob) and I feel like it would mess with people if 1% of the time I wavedash forward and grab or backward to bait things out. I just wanted to see what other people could think of.

Toe

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm sure most player won't be expecting a waveland out of a SH Fair, and especially with the mix up of doing that and double fairs I'd think they would be caught of guard. Although it may have few limited uses it sure sounds like a good mix up

Top Bottom