• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just beat a duck hunt dog on for glory

Winnnn _AKA_Walt Piffney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Winnnnnnnn
All that salt... goes great with the ribs I'm eating (happy 4th citizens)... no but seriously we all no duck hunt is bull**** especially combined with a couple frames of lag. Anyway this was your typical FG DH frizbee to can to down smash rolling to the other side of the stage constantly. I should've punished more with f-smashes charged in the opposite direction but honestly I was just trying not to die. Hope I don't run into any links today.

I'm sure there ways to wreck a noob like this when your playing them in the long game 5+ matches and there's no lag and you download the only mixup they think they have.... but when they beat you twice on FG and then leave cuz there 2 gud nobody wins.... so try not to loose guys.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I played a Duck Hunt last night with my Link. I beat him 8 matches in a row... he started to get a little better each map we played, but the last match all he did was spam projectiles. The 9th match I used ZSS (which I can't play with online)... and I SDed twice being crazy and he got his first win. He taunts and then leaves... LOL. These people though.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
The typical defensive DH player described here saddens me to see as an aggressive rushdown DH player myself. Believe it or not, said DH players are among the characters I lose to the LEAST out of everyone I fight in FG Anywhere (with Jr players being the absolute least). If I DO lose to one, it'll most likely be when I'm caught being one of DH's good MUs like :4dedede:, :4bowser:, and :4dk:.

Come Round 2, I'm bringing out my main man :4ludwig:, who I've contributed much intel regarding his side of the MU against DH here and DH's side here. Those defensive doggies often go on tilt when Mechas & Cannonballs pierce through their entire arsenal, which grants me (& my partner in FG Teams) an opening to get in on him, and also when I'm Side B Jump Cancelling around his arsenal, even when recovering. If somehow, someway, I go 0-2 or so against that DH as Jr (if said DH player has actually read my linked-to posts enough to try rushing ME down, then it's plausible), I'll very likely Ditto his dog and aggressively rush him down, since DH's arsenal can block off his own quite well, and I've generally won the majority of the ditto matches against them this way.

For those of you who are wanting to hard counter this type of doggie with someone other than Jr, I'd definitely recommend :4sonic:, :rosalina:, and :4alph:.

Last edited:
Top Bottom