• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just a Writing Exercise

S.P.A.D.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lavama
I used to write a bit, just for fun. I'm looking at bringing that back up, and maybe do some more, longer things I believe. This started as a simple, short and quick paragraph or two then done exercise but I couldn't exactly find it in me to stop.

~~~​
He stands atop the stairs, looking down; what does he see, but the reflection of the empty hall, glistening with the laughter of past times. The closer he moves to the bottom, the more he hears it; soft pattering of feet, almost like a memory but actually there; but as he stops to look, nothing comes by, but the sound passes, unhindered by the lack of a physical carrier. One step, and he was done; he was back on the floor of the magnificent hall, and stood amazed at it's marble and the glory of it's past times, echoing in the atmosphere. Every sound leaped from the walls and the corners, beckoning him to dance with the song. He obliged.

It had been a while since anyone had seen the old master, days turned to weeks, to months, to rumors of his passing, yet no one dared step forth into his grand home. The parties held there were of a time long past, and laughter was said to echo through, ghosts of old lingering still to the ever going song that one can only just hear over the cool Summer's breath. What a man, as it was said, the master was, his manners only matched by the events hosted that felt fresh and new during every moment of them.

He felt more alive than he had in such a while, a long while, long enough to of forgotten how it felt. He danced with his wife, and then a beautiful mistress that was only just gaining the ability to read. His white hair beamed a sort of joy that had come from his smile as he pranced across the hall, eager to mingle with his guests.

The house had slowly begun to take slower breathes, the mark of time slowly closing its choking grasp on it. Had the master truly gone away, and forgotten about such a part of his life, the people wondered. Those who had attended remembered everything fondly, but the imps found no such joy from the view; memories that weren't theirs didn't intrigue them.

The clock struck three more times after ten. He looked up at the clock, and it showed one after twelve. Speaking with a hoarse voice, he thanked everyone for coming, but didn't get the response he expected; he was greeted and thanked for staying.

The mansion finally opened it's doors wide for the outside world to gaze upon, to see it's marvelous floors and gaze upon it's interior majesty, almost untouched by time. It was as those of its time had remembered, but they were not expecting to see him again, smiling as the world moved on.
~~~​

Top Bottom