• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

just a quick vid!

quak

Smash Champion
alright, your finger speed is great

but things you need to work on:

retreating lasers- i saw that you were trying to do em, but weren't getting moving backwards much at all

shine comboing, especially when you shined him at low percentages, you can do a LOT better than just f-smashing him. Try going with shine, dair, shine, uair, sex kick. Once you get the placement of the uair so you can at least sex kick him, perfect it so it sends them vertically up, and you can follow with a midair shine, or a dair, and commence more comboage

grab-didn't see you do it, so like, do it. Up throw is the best way to go, as it usually can be followed by a sex kick or bair

LHDL's- saw you attempt it once, but failed, perfect it baby. It really comes in handy.

Edgegaurding, you only tryed to D-smash him. Don't get me wrong, its good if you're crunched for time, but edgehogging gives you more options and mobility. Edgehog --> bair can't be walljumpteched, something your friend will figure out eventually.

That flashy stuff that doesn't do much- cut it out, if this was a serious match (which im pretty sure it's not, just saying if it was) that firebird that you SD'd with should've gotten you shined durring it's wind up lag, it's too risky for no pay off. If you want you could firebird stall to throw off his timing and mindgames.

In addition the flash falco you SD'd with at the end was bunk, and i think it's basicly the same principle as the firebird you SD'd with, with the same solution as well.

In summary, your finger speed is fine, you just gotta figure out what to do with it.

Keep it up man :)

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
heh thanks bro...i dont like this vid cuz a lot of the stuff u mentioned for me to improve on..i have already fixed..although its good to hear some nice pointers..i will say that i still suck at the lhdl...i usually only get 1 laser out...but lately i have been doing it more consistently..but still not enough to be confident with it...as for the rshl...i do that perfectly now..so that problem has already been addressed....as for edgegaurding.i fine with dat too....i usually run out and then pahntasm the edge really fast...its awesome and really fast....i agree with u...i need to grab more...thanks for that tip....and yes my shine combos are weak...although they are better now than what u see in the vid...maaann...i love my flashy stuff...i cant help it...sometimes in comes in handy....but yeah...i am gonna try and post some current vids up...look out for vericz's falco too...he's one of my crew mates.....peace

-hiroshi

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
too bad you missed the one sweet spot then SD'd at the end or else i think the match would have been yours. the fox was really good and your falco was really good too. keep it up!

festizzio

Smash Champion
It's probably not a good idea to intentionally full jump when fighting a fox, i saw you do that a few times, not sure if it was on purpose. But yeah, juggling is bad.

vericz

Smash Champion
I seen a whole lot of improvement since this vid. few things you should work on:
LHDL: come one its not that hard
better edge guarding: throw in some firestall and some shffl'd arials to fool that dumb fox.
stop killing yourself, you still do it now
I give you an A on improvement :)

I play him all the time :laugh:

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
idk why i always kill myself...that's one thing uuaa keeps telling me...just stop messing up....but i can't help it...i always end up sd'ing or just messing up way too much....its really hurting my game....if i didnt sd anymore...and stopped messing up...my falco would be a force to be reckon with...but right now..its just force to watch him sd himself....peace

-hiroshi

Top Bottom