• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just a quick question..

Pippen3501

Smash Rookie
Does Ness's DJC fair have to Lcancelled.. thought i read where his fair didnt need to be, just making sure, i guess it doesnt hurt to do it..?

Levitas

the moon
You probably read that if you do it soon enough in the jump, a short hopped fair doesn't need to be l-cancelled. DJC fairs need to be l-cancelled as far as I know.

EDIT: btw, welcome to the ness boards.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
You don't have to L-cancel it unless it's low enough to need L-cancelling. Look at Ness's feet when he lands. If he lands and creates smoke, you needed to L-cancel it. If he lands and it's more of a wavey thing, there's no lag and no need to L-cancel anything.

Pippen3501

Smash Rookie
Also had one other question.. So i when i actually practiced/played i was using A to do my aerials... and got good doing them with Ness. But found using the C stick for aerials was easier for Fox, Falco, Falcon etc..

So my shfflc were alot faster with fox, falco, and falcon. But i wasnt too sure if i should switch to the C stick for ness, when i had his djc's down.. not sure if using the c stick would improve my speed eventually or is it just about preference.. and just wondering what a majority of Ness players use for Aerials C stick or A. Thanks.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I only use C-stick when I'm trying to do certain approaches(look at the last few pages of the Let's Talk thread), or the super fast, barely even comes out X-up DjCs.

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
whatever is more comfortable for you.

i can pretty much to everything without the c-stick, but occasionally when i have to fast fall AND to a fair or bair,

i fast fall and use the c-stick because it is very fast.

just learn what's best for you.

Top Bottom