• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jungle Republic Mafia: To Clarify, the Werewolves Won The Game. Here Marks a New Age in Activity Reform.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I never said you had to have strong town reads.

I said I don’t like how your list for the most is just people you think should absolutely die, not possibly die because you want to make progress with a day one lynch to learn more about others.( a move any town and townie should make as the more information we can glean from lynches the better.), You just list people as those who should die just to die. Your post gives off a feel that people are very expandable and I really don’t like that. Sure you could argue that scum wouldn’t do this, but if you were hypothetically scum, defending your post after making it could at least result of some people trusting you more as townie.

Scum could also make that list and used that excuse to try and reverse psychology people. Just because it may seem like the wrong move to make as scum, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be entertained as a little scummy.

People try different tactics all the time as scum, like that time nabe pretended to not be able to speak at all day one and then could magically talk the next day.

Which multiple people believed. Which that was so stupid of a play that it shouldn’t have worked but it did. So I wouldn’t rule out this post that’s seems scummy as not scummy just because it would seem way to obvious to be scum.

Regardless of the truth the way you discussed and made that list isn’t something I like.
Sounds like the crux of your issue with it is because of my tone in thinking players are expendable?

I'll explain what that post was. I have a strong scum read on Lore and he must get lynched. Then at the that time I had a slight scum lean on pythag so I woulda tentatively have supported his lunch, but it was not a strong enough read to think he should go over players that have been inactive or posted so little that they have had as much impact as the inactives. And since I'm 100% in support of policy lynching players like that, I worded it as "should die".. cuz they should

If I were you I wouldn't worry that I included you in that list, as you know town can only lunch one player each day, so me saying 4 ppl should die won't lead to them getting instakilled

Also you said that me thinking players are expendable makes you feel like I just want players to die instead of wanting to them to possibly die so I can learn from their lunch and with the information I get use it to figure out scum. Do you honestly think that my play this game shows that I haven't been trying to get information from players that will help figure out scum both now and in the future?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Pythag hops on a new player under my favorite reasoning of useless/new immediately drops it off a wiki link from Mac as if this was new info, he later calls out that you vs Mac is largely irrelevant and says Mac is focusing on something that doesn’t matter. (Ruy also does this with the same wishy washy, oh Mac is looking at something that doesn’t matter but I still think he’s town). He then has you, Mac, and Tom in his town list and I completely disagree with that and can’t see how you’d get to that conclusion.

I dislike your slot and Pythag the most out of the game and Ruy comes off right in that same group.
Hmm. Tbh I see the wiki bit as decent; I've dropped cases for less in the past. The call out about Mac without a Vote or pressure, though? I just had a wild idea, although it may be dependent on a Mac flip.

Factions can't talk except during night phases, right? Just double checked the OP. What if Pythag was signalling to his partner to drop a line of reasoning, since they can't talk during the Day in a private chat? It's a bit WIFOM but it could explain how he so easily has Mac and I paired as both town, instead of being suspicious of Mac.

This post bugs me. When I was newb town i was paranoid about everyone voting me, but Raxxel seemed fixed only on Lore. No mention on my vote up to this point, and i didnt do anything to earn a town read and be left alone. This reeks to scum having problems on finding targets
To be fair, you did only drop a vote and not much else iirc. He might have focused more on my vote because it had more attached.

Rajam, any thoughts on Maven?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Note, my Pythag bit there does not mean that I have Pythag as anything but null atm. It's just theorizing on a single bit of odd behavior. I'm thinking more on his slot again though, and I may reread later.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Catching up. My pc died yesterday, so posting from phone

What's your take on this? noob or scum?
Looks newbie to me.

This post bugs me. When I was newb town i was paranoid about everyone voting me, but Raxxel seemed fixed only on Lore.
So what's your take on the Mac/Lore situation?

KevinM KevinM
Pythag hops on a new player under my favorite reasoning of useless/new immediately drops it off a wiki link from Mac as if this was new info, he later calls out that you vs Mac is largely irrelevant and says Mac is focusing on something that doesn’t matter. (Ruy also does this with the same wishy washy, oh Mac is looking at something that doesn’t matter but I still think he’s town). He then has you, Mac, and Tom in his town list and I completely disagree with that and can’t see how you’d get to that conclusion.

I dislike your slot and Pythag the most out of the game and Ruy comes off right in that same group.
I explained to Mac, and I'll say it again I didn't hop off solely for the wiki post, and to say it was only the case is disingenuous.
Raxxel had been looking better in my eyes with how he was interacting with other posts. He wants to play better. I don't think it was mafia teaching him mid game.
And it was new info. I knew the concept, I had never heard it not to be used for new players.
The argument can be made "yeah but that's how it looks" But it's not the case. It'll be "he said she said" and the actions of when my vote came off of Raxxel is the only black and white info, so it'll default to that.
I don't think I'll be able to convince you about that.

Lore:
(this is wifom) I think Lore is more meticulous and accomodating when he's scum. I don't think it's scum!Lore move to misread something like that. that'd be a really big scumslip that I just do not expect from him. His demeanor to me sounds town.
Biggest vibe

Mac:
I think Mac's activity also looks town. It's different than Summer Bash, where he was more sporadic, less sure. His posts read like scumhunting. Granted scumhunting != town in this game. But if I go down that route I'm never gonna think anyone is town ever, and it'll be a repeat of me last game.
Big Vibe

Maven :
You didn't ask, but I liked that Maven was right there on Red. Looked like he was seeing what I was seeing.
Vibing.

Tom :
Tom's the only one I'll give you. It may be I have him as towm because I want to think he's town. I'm open to rethinking that, but I would definitely need to see more (from him and others) to be convinced that he'd be the play for toDay.
Minimum vibe.

Rajam

Smash Champion
The response was to everyone in general. Now, if he is scum then yeah he absolutely has no reason to change his vote, especially since I'm the most voted right now.

I got serious because I don't want to be the weakest link in a game like this. I was asked to start figuring out who could be scum, so I looked first at people who want me dead since scum would want a townie dead, and I looked at the individual behavior to decide who among them could be it. Rajam and Pythag seem to just be vote pressuring to play neutral. Red and Lore however gave more for me to look at, which is why my eyes are on them at the moment.
mmm ok. Reaction to pressure aligns with town's reaction

unvote

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
here's the ISO between me and lore. While i'm not the most articulate writer, ill do my best to keep this concise cuz i know how annoying it is read EE-esque billion word posts

keep in mind while reading this that there's literally only one power role in this game.

here's Tom's first post which is the catalyst to everything. I will highlight parts of this post that should make it clear to anyone who read it in full that it wasn't about this game or at least it shoulda confused them a bit when they read it.

SOME REMINDERS FOR THE TOWN

if you rolled a power role, itd b prudent to breadcrumb a result in an underhanded way in the event that you die before you get to claim. this is especially important for cop tracker and joat. if youre confident that youre going to live you might b able to get away without doing it. but i figured id throw out the suggestion cuz with 4 scum role hunting and with some of us being out of practice its easy to forget some **** like that. it would suck for the tracker/joat/cop to die with a result n then they cant even share the ****

if youre a vanilla townie try not to perspective slip that youre a vt. the less info we give to scum with regards to role hunting the better

remember that if theres a mafia joat, that he can make himself appear as innocent on a cop check or as not having performed the kill to a tracker. so b mindful of that if we rolled one of those setups and hav to evaluate **** later lest we clear someone erroneously

that said idt we need to hav much discourse over roles lets just lynch scummy ppl

feel free to read me as town for this post but just dont b too vocal about it so i can live a few phases
quite a large portion of that post is highlighted. the crux of my issue with Lore is that if this post was something he claims to be devoting attention to, how does he miss all that? but let me not get ahead of myself, back to the ISO and my thought process

___

i didn't read Tom's post initially, i saw the big letters and I assumed it was marshy's post.

Maven and Lore make posts taking Tom's seriously. Here's that post from Lore:

Marshy vibes af from this post. I just can't remember if he was town when he did it. Will refresh myself later. I just feel auto-suspicious of early-advice posts that mention roles, but iirc that backfired last time with Marshy so I need to do a short reread.
This post pinged my radar right off the bat. Even if Tom's post was real it felt weird that Lore would immediately think it merited attention when its a pretty basic / innocuous and meta post. His reason is "auto-suspicious of early-advice posts that mention roles" but it still felt weird. Like I doubt my dude Lore is legit gonna start going back through other games to use it to form a read on Tom for that basic ass first post. And even if he did, how does marshy's use of that post have any impact on Tom's usage of it here, it's not like they have the same meta.

Lore's post read as contribution signaling to me, where scum wants to appear to be trying to find scum but there actions don't actually reflect that

anyway, because of mavens and lores posts I thought maybe I was confused and went back to read tom's post to confirm it was marshy copy pasta. I didn't even bother reading it in full i just saw the word JOAT and went off that in this following post

these two posts are weird to me - im pretty sure tom posted marshy's post verbatim... my dude even kept the Town JOAT part which is a role that's not even in this game. i can't tell if my sarcasm detectors are off but it seems like yall were takin it semi seriously?

Lore Lore how is it relevant at all to this game whether or not marshy was scum?

Maven89 Maven89 your post was just confusing cuz Tom didn't even mention you in it
even at this point Lore looked bad here, while Maven was just confusing. Maven didn't seem to be contribution signaling. So i go ahead and drop a vote on Lore since he pinged my scum bells harder than anything else. it wasn't a super strong read yet but i like to be doing something with my vote

kevin can live today cuz he made a good point about the fact that scum also has to scumhunt. though i don't think that point is really relevant until later on in the game

vote: Lore
what follows is Lore's response to my question to him

My gut instinct is to find early stuff like that suspicious, but I vaguely recalled that backfiring in that game with Marshy. I wanted to reread before doing a full commit to finding it weird, to try to train out the bad suspicion habit. It's still hilarious to me how Maven and I were both consistent in bringing up the same early post LOL. After seeing the Marshy bit again and the aftermath, I don't find anything wrong with Tom's post.

I also didn't realize it was a copy paste; I thought the JOAT was just a hypothetical role example since it was guaranteed to not be in the game lol. I was being dumb.
at the time i thought that while this was not the most unreasonable post, it didn't really do anything to assuage my concerns about Lore contribution signaling. He basically just says he didnt realize it was copy pasta and re-states what he said in the initial post about why he was gonna go out of his way to read another thread. which to me even if he thought it was real still felt weird that he'd do that

kevin asks me who id wanna lynch and i respond.
Mac you have the ability to end this day right now by lynching someone just you, you’re the end all, be all hammer. What slot do you use it on?
i initially was gonna leave it at that without going further into detail since the game had just started and my read on Lore wasn't that strong. Also I wasn't tryna push him. Though a couple minutes later i decide to expand and in that post I say what I've already described above

though to expand on this KevinM KevinM

i will say that oftentimes in early game that a bunch of town reads pop out to me / others right off the bat. This game however, has not been like that. lots of players lookin kinda grody

not a fan of Lore's reaction to Tom's post. even if he took what Tom posted seriously, i'm not sure why it would merit so much attention to him that he'd feel the need to go back and check Marshy's alignment to get read on Tom off that post. Also don't know why he felt like claiming that his read of the post is null now. like its a pretty basic first post so i find it weird that Lore apparently felt like he could read a lot off of it. doesn't feel genuine
tldr: seems like Lore was contribution signaling

Lore ninja'd my explanation with this post saying that I should expand on why im voting him. He calls my response "low effort" which is kinda an unnecessarily negative take cuz people shouldn't have to explain their votes all the time, especially this early on in the game. but w/e
Instead of dropping a vote out of nowhere then answering this question with a low-effort response, do you mind sharing reasoning?

You said that the Marshy-comparison posts were weird, but that's all the reason I've seen. And you seemed to have Maven and I as equal in that post.
your wish is my command

though Kevin just asked me who i would kill right now, he didnt ask for reasoning so there was no need for me to go into if i didn't want to. esp since i wasn't pushing you

do you find me scummy for leaving an unexplained vote and just dropping your name w/ no explanation

also lunch break is over so back to a work call
Thanks!

Nah it's not explicitly scummy, but it was definitely lame. I'd rather have a paper trail and reasonings put down. I'm glad that you expanded it. Replying to it now.

If it helps, I'm pretty sure I brought up in that last game that I need to break my habit of auto-suspecting overly helpful early-D1 posts that talk about PRs. That's what my entire interaction with Tom's post here was about.
lore re-states his initially stated reason. and like before it doesn't really assuage my main concern about him

anyway so I decide to go read the thread again and I finally actually read Tom's post in full, that's when I realize all the different parts of it that should have pinged Lore that something was off if he was truly taking the post as seriously as he claims. I figure maybe he did skim it like i did and so i try to get clarification on that with this post:

to be completely transparent about my thoughts, I ask because you said the bolded.

Tom's post referred to 3-4 different power roles, none of which are in this game. i don't see how you would have read his post in full and said something like that if the roles he mentioned aren't even in the game
Lore's initially stated reason that he keeps restating was that he's "auto-suspicious of early-advice posts that mention roles". When I went back and reread I couldn't see (and still can't) how Lore could feel that way but then not even notice the plethora of roles mentioned in Tom's post that don't have anything at all to do with this game. Also remember there's only one town seer this game so his worry about role **** is already kinda farfetch'd on it's face.

his answer to me brings up the first sentence of Tom's post:

I mean the post past the bold letters literally starts with "if you rolled a power role, itd b prudent to breadcrumb a result in an underhanded way in the event that you die before you get to claim." So I think it's reasonable to assume roles brought up are hypothetical.

It didn't hit me that it was a copy paste at all, unfortunately.
but he conveniently doesn't bring up the very next sentence and all the subsequent sentences that explicitly give role advice for the summer bash game.

also he literally didn't answer my question, so i ask him again:

did you read Tom's whole post initially?
I did, but it didn't really process to be fair.

Honestly though, I'm having a hell of a day irl and am not particularly enjoying having to play this semantics game. Especially with how I was completely clear in my intentions and views from the start.
weird that he claims it semantics, i literally just wanted him to directly answer my q. there's also little bit of AtE from Lore here, though i'm not gonna harp on this too much since I'd rather assume that Lore's acting in good faith and had IRL **** that was bothering him. but readers, if yall are still following along with this ISO, i think you can agree that i haven't been unreasonable in how ive questioned Lore up till this point.

im still a bit wary about being abrasive with ppl ever since the summer bash game, so i try to lay out my thought process as clearly and politely as i could in my next post:

honestly sorry ya feel that way, im really not tryna pester you pointlessly (i simply just asked you one question that i had to repeat cuz you didn't answer it directly). but the point of mafia is to determine who's scum and my only way of doing that is to question people and look for contradictions / things that don't add up.

the contradiction i see is as follows:

Tom makes a post that you take seriously:

he mentions the following roles (in bold): cop, tracker, joat, and mafia joat. None of these roles are in this game

you say:

you claim you read the post in full, so it'd be kinda hard to miss the 4 roles that Tom dropped in that post. Which makes what you said in bold even more confusing - If you were truly supsicious of advice posts that mention roles, wouldn't it make sense for you to have paid at least some attention to what roles were mentioned?

Especially since you claim that you were gonna do a short re-read to confirm how you feel about that post. that seems like BS to me since there's no way you'd do a reread of a different game when you didn't even bother to coherently read / parse the post you were worried about in the first place. If you had, i don't see how you coulda thought it was related to this game / merit so much focus

in addition, you go on to say this when you were explaining how you claimed to misread the post initially:

but Tom also mentioned cop and tracker, did you also think those were hypothetical? it just doesn't add up to me.

anyway

open question to everyone (but specifically Maven89 Maven89 and @Tom): am I going crazy about this and focusing too hard on something that's irrelevant / a minor mistake? Or am I valid in thinking that Lore obviously said things that don't add up and don't align with his stated purpose

p.s.: this is giving me vibes of how i went after Tom when i was scum in summer bash mafia which sucks cuz im actually being genuine here haha...
lore responds:

Quick post reply before bed, I have a direction I want to explore tomorrow but am too tired.

Tldr: my credit card got stolen, and I made the mistake of trying to change banks at the same time (to swap from a local one at my hometown, since I live elsewhere now). This and more led to a hellish day. Thanks for understanding.

What I'm baffled by is how little you're understanding my posts, to be frank. You even quote me then go off on this tangent about an imaginary contradiction. Here's my original quote.

I, Lore, felt that the post from Tom was very similar to Marshy. I missed that it was a straight up copy paste.

The post mentioned roles in general and brought up multiple examples. I took it as hypothetical stuff, and if I literally didn't realize it was a copy paste, then is it that crazy to think that I didn't process the entire post well?

Next within my same and first post, I say that "auto suspecting role-mentioning" is a flaw of mine. I then say that before I have ANY opinion of the post, I need to reread Marshy's post since it bit me in the *** last time. Marshy was town, yet I (and Maven, ironically) thought the post was weird.

The "role-mentioning" is about how the entire ****ing post is talking about breadcrumbing power roles, not the fact that it brings up some roles. It is beyond frustrating at this point that you're focusing on the specific role examples rather than how the entire post was about roles.

It wasn't specific role fishing; it was a post that could earn a player townie points by appearing helpful, while also potentially baiting PRs into attempting breadcrumbs. I saw that as fishy. Turns out it wasn't, and it was Marshy being helpful. That means that I needed to be cautious about suspecting that sort of thing, which I said last game and said again this game.
he re-states his initial reasoning for why he might go reread a different thread, which for all the reasons ive mentioned up to this point doesn't change my core issues with him.

there's also more AtE by Lore in this post which kinda annoys me cuz i was tryna be reasonable.

this is also the point where I think Lore starts being clearly disingenuous.

He claims Tom's entire post was about breadcrumbing roles, which it's really not. If anything it's primarily about specific role advice regarding the set up from summer bash mafia

he claims i'm misunderstanding his posts and going off on a "tangent about an imaginary contradiction" which to me seems like a ridiculous take on my previous post

he claims he may have worried about Tom trying to bait ppl to into breadcrumbing PRs and thus role fishing, which doesn't make sense, cuz as yall remember, there's only one power role in this game.

and then lore drops this:

Frankly you've wasted most of the day on this irrelevant content on a nonexistent "contradiction", instead of scum hunting.

I'm sleeping on it instead of falling into OMGUS territory; otherwise I'd be voting you for wasting our time.

Not to mention your honestly disgusting mention of "lol this is how I played last time I was scum, but I'm town this time, I promise!" Jokes like that go over like a lead balloon for me.

Sleeping on it though instead of diving into another 1v1 that clogs the thread and wastes EVEN MORE time and attention.
like wtf is this **** right here, if yall have been following along does it really seem like im being unreasonable thus far?

"mac is a detriment to town" and "is wasting towns time" becomes Lore's most oft repeated statement about me, simply because I was scumhunting and asking him questions. Like I'm really curious what he'd have preferred i do when something pings my scumdar. also i will remind everyone that Lore explicitly wanted me to expand on my initial dislike of his slot

This is also the point where Lore starts becoming clear scum in my eyes because that reaction is so ridiculously defensive and is just completely misrepresenting my actions.

also it rubs me the wrong way how Lore starts setting himself up for the OMGUS vote on me. 1. because i think its ridiculous that he'd find me scummy based on what ive been doing and 2. if he really does find me scummy own up to your **** and vote for me now

i try again to make it explicitly clear what i think Lore's contradiction is in my next post:

lore, the post talks about more than just breadcrumbing roles, only the first paragraph is about that. there's even a section that explicitly gives advice regarding the setup from summer bash:

there are so many places like the above in the post that should have tipped you off that it wasn't regarding this game, especially if you were gonna spend more time investigating it like you claimed

and cuz you seem to be mis-representing or misunderstanding my issue with your slot ill make it as clear as possible:
  • Tom makes a post that you say you want to spend more time investigating.
  • All the subsequent replies you've made regarding the post (including this last one) makes it clear that you never fully read that post in the first place.
  • Therefore it appears that you were BSing about wanting to investigate the post more. and only scum would do that

uhh i AM scumhunting by doing this, lol what else would this be?

this criticism doesn't make sense. i don't think i dominated the thread - ppl can and have talked about other stuff. not that many ppl even responded to my post... and even if i did dominate, would you prefer i didn't post anything like many in the game or that i posted meaningless **** like Brindor's slot?

and lets not forget - you LITERALLY ASKED me to expand on why you were my current top choice for scum. like cmon bruh, dont get mad when i do exactly what you say

OK? congrats. this shows that you're soooooo townie :rolleyes:

was never my intention, please don't bother responding to this post if this bugs you so much
i say if he really thinks im wasting towns time to stop responding to my posts. esp cuz at this point i've heard what I needed from him

#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac Have you ever considered that if I didn't realize it was a copy paste in the first place, maybe I didn't process the post mentally enough? Like I've been repeatedly saying?

At this point you're either scum, tunnel-visioned town, or straight up dumb. And I really don't think it's that third option.
at this point i try to stop responding to Lore cuz i am wary of the way he can have back and forths with ppl and we are talking in circles. and he keeps pushing this im wasting time bull****

Vote: Tom

Lynch priority:

Tom
Ryu
Brindor
FrozenFlame
Potentially Kev depending on responses/future content, the Pythag stuff is weird imo
Mac
not directly related to our back and forth but I just want to note here that Lore has tom at the top of his scum list and me at the bottom. keep this in mind wrt him setting himself up to OMGUS vote me

... Because I automatically suspect any post like that in the early game, but I wanted to go back and reread Marshy's content to try to break that habit if the posts were similar. I directly said that. Turns out they were literally exactly the same. I'm getting very frustrated about having to repeat myself.

"Faking scumhunting" in my first post of the game, where I also made a firm vote on another player? Come on.

As for the rest, we've wasted time and energy on this back and forth that is about my first post in the game and none of my other content. Yes, you're absolutely tunnel-visioned. You spent pretty much an entire IRL day on this, when we have only 3 days. Literally a third of D1 has been spent on this nonsense.

The fact that you're now saying "imma never jump off your slot" despite only talking about a single post this entire time is, frankly, absurd. Take a few minutes away from this game, breathe, and come back with fresh eyes.
this begins another oft repeated talking point from Lore that I'm "only focusing on a single post". Like what even is his point here anyway? Of course if theres a post that pings me as scum, im gonna focus on it. Even in this game people have had issues with Raxxle, Pythag and Red Ryu off of one single post. I don't see Lore having such an issue with those pushes.

Also it's not even ****ing true, I've talked about how i've had issues with his super defensive and unreasonable reactions to my questions. I talked about how while the first post was what led me down this road, his responses continue to show that he wasn't paying attn to the very post he claims merits a lot of attn.

just another stupid ass talking point on something thats not even scummy

he asks about maven vs him i respond with what i said above
Also how did you go from this:

To this:

Maven and I had similar reactions, and you even called him out on it. Now you're asking just his opinions on me, without any actual heat on him? What?

99% of your posts have been either about me or asking people about me. Take a break from the game if that's what's needed for fresh eyes, because right now you're absolutely a detriment to Town.
my dude says here that 99% of my posts have been about him, disingenuous yet again. While he is my focus I've also done the following:
  • prodded pythag about a bunch of things on a bunch of different occasions
  • chipped in on the raxxle thing
  • talked to Kevin about how i feel about Ruy
  • asked maven a billion questions that he keeps ignoring (though for some reason i have a gut town read on this slot lol)
  • asked people various clarifying questions
  • talked about meta **** like why i don't think scum would role fish and why i think town getting lynched is not as bad as in other games
  • among tons of other things
im pretty sure ive been the most active player in this game

diff between you and maven, is that Maven didn't claim that he was suspicious of Tom's post and that he was gonna spend more time thinking about it

im a detriment to town for pushing my scumread. right, thanks for the solid mafia advice.
next is more BS spewed by lore, but at this point going through his posts is becoming a serious chore cuz he repeats the same dumbass talking points

What? Seriously, what?

Pythag voted for Raxxel. When asked if he was ok if a Town player might die, he directly said he'd be fine with it. He next said that while he doesn't want to lynch Town, the player should be blamed for that mislynch.

That's the definition of a hard, clear stance. What thread are you reading?

Mac, I'm going to quote myself again to show my reaction to the post. Please read it again.

Where did I say that I was firmly suspicious of the post? I said that I got Marshy vibes and that I tend to be auto-suspicious of posts like that, so I wanted to reread the Marshy stuff to compare the situations. I remembered my suspicion of Marshy backfiring, with Marshy actually being Town.

I laid out my thought process clearly, in a detailed manner. In no way was I firmly suspicious or even said that I was. I will be copy pasting this and the last paragraph in every single reply to your posts on this subject.

Mac, you're playing like me at my worst in the last few games. I want you to think on how you felt when I was hyper focused on Ran, or the other tunneling moments. You're so tunneled in that you are still only talking about my literal first post in the game. If people can call me out on that behavior, I can certainly do the same to you.

Take a break and come back to the game.
the bolded/underlined is not true. you might be my primary focus but im clearly still looking at and talking about other things in the game.

lore i said you don't have to keep responding to me, so don't. you might be town and i might be tunneling and im sure that could be annoying if that's actually the case, but its also just how mafia goes sometimes. also don't forget you were the one who initially gave me **** for not expanding on why you were my #1 scumread. and now you're giving me **** for the opposite.
... What? You do realize that I'm talking about your discussions about me, right? Even when I was at my worst tunneling, I still made some small posts about other subjects. It doesn't change that you are hyperfocused on a single post, to the point where it is defining your top scum pick and dominating your discussions on me.

You're 100% tunneling, and you're correct! It's very annoying.

What's even more annoying is this weird attitude. You expanded on your reasoning at the time. Cool. Thank you for that. Now you're tunneled in on that one post and not even looking at anything else from me, and even when the post has been repeatedly explained, you're still lasered in on it and arguing about it.

All joking aside, it's incredibly frustrating on the receiving end.
"Even when I was at my worst tunneling, I still made some small posts about other subjects. It doesn't change that you are hyperfocused on a single post, to the point where it is defining your top scum pick and dominating your discussions on me."

oh but Lore didn't you just say:

"99% of your posts have been either about me or asking people about me."

like this post is Lore being mad cuz im simply playing the game of mafia

then this next post is just a ton of complete misrepresentations of my position (as FF articulately explained much better than i could)

Good to see you in the thread Tom. Solid content, but I've been avoiding voting Mac to both avoid falling into OMGUS and to take some time to figure out if he's just tunneling-town. I'll sleep on it. Unvote

FF, that post reeks of someone who speed-read the thread, no offense. Work johns are real, and I'm glad you showed back up. However, I did the same speed read thing in a game recently, and it led to issues on my end.

Like your take on Mac and I is, frankly, garbage. Here's how the thing with Mac went:

Mac: "Why did you not realize that it didn't pertain to this game, since it mentioned other roles?"

Lore: "Considering how I didn't even realize it was a copy paste, it appears that I didn't really fully take in and mentally process the post well enough. I took the other roles as being hypotheticals since the whole post was more about breadcrumbing in general, so I wanted to go read Marshy's old stuff to try to break my auto-suspecting habit of posts like that."

Mac: "Yeah but why did you not realize that it didn't pertain to this game, since it mentioned other roles?"

And repeat over. And over. And over again. I dare you to get in a similar situation and NOT get frustrated.

He absolutely wasted our time, and it was a complete detriment to Town that it happened in the first place. If people are allowed to say that about me in other games and not get flak, I sure as hell can say the same about Mac.

And as for defensiveness, have you considered the fact that Mac is STILL only talking about a single post of mine from the literal beginning of the game? If I sound defensive and frustrated about it, it's because I f***ing am.

I've been open and honest about having misread that post from the beginning, and I was clear about my intent from the get go. This isn't even AtE at this point, I'm legitimately frustrated at having to repeat myself so many f***ing times regardless of alignment.

Like ffs, you did the same crap here too. Your entire read of me goes only on that one post and my growing frustration with Mac. Come on.
he also continues to set himself up to OMGUS vote me. of course he feels more comfortable doing it now that that Brindor, z25 and Tom all expressed that they'd be ok seeing me go. remember i was like 5/6th on his scum list a while

he finally owns up and votes me:

Dude. I've been saying that it's not just that I didn't realize it was copy pasta. I even directly said why I brought it up in the initial post then over and over again since.

The fact that you're baffled that people disagree is probably because you haven't even bothered to do an ISO until now. You're hyper focused on my one post and disregarding whatever I'm saying. You're tunneled.

After some sleep, I'm with Tom on the echoes from Summer Mafia. In that game, you hyper focused on one interaction of mine, came to a truce on it since it was flimsy, then later dove back into the same argument and forgot that we ended it, repeating yourself like you're doing here. You were scum in that game. I've been avoiding saying this or voting for you since, frankly and outside of alignment, you've been a bit annoying this game. I figured OMGUS would color my judgement too much.

But nah I'd rather see you gone.

Vote: Mac
"The fact that you're baffled that people disagree is probably because you haven't even bothered to do an ISO until now"

just more dumb **** that im annoyed i have to respond to. why are you painting it so negatively that i "haven't bothered" to do an ISO. was I supposed to? is there some law in the mafia rulebook that says you should ISO anyone you're trying to get lynched? you also were literally giving me **** for just asking you questions and now youre tryna make me look bad for not ISOing. how do you keep just painting everything i do so negatively?

and I'm more baffled that people like you and tom don't see where im coming from even if you don't agree with me.

lore im doing my best to not respond to your ******* posts. you're tryna suck me in but imma stay strong
i didnt want to post this at the time but its def how i felt and continue to feel

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
To be blunt, I'm not going to respond to that text wall of nonsense. I am, however, livid at one line in particular. This is outside of alignment and is a straight up call out of you as a player here. This was completely out of line:

there's also more AtE by Lore in this post which kinda annoys me cuz i was tryna be reasonable.
Yes, me saying "hey I've had a rough day and am not really wanting to continue arguing right now" then later explaining "my credit card had been stolen, thanks for understanding at the time. Let's continue." is AtE. It's totally AtE and not me having a rough day then explaining why it had been rough.

It sure is AtE to ask for an argument to be delayed thanks to having a rough day, then later explaining the rough day and thanking you for patience. I'd totally do a ploy like that, to the point of faking having my credit card stolen and betraying every single value I've stated in every game.

I got f***ing MODKILLED for getting angry at Soup's AtE crap (ignoring the mod mixup) and calling him out on it. Boy, I sure am a player who would appreciate someone getting annoyed at me being a good sport about having had a bad day.

This is a forum game, and it is very far down on my list of priorities, especially when my cc gets stolen. Even still, I'd rather be decent about it and be honest when I'm having a bad day. Looks like that s*** doesn't work, and I should just be an emotionless robot in my posts.

I'm out for the night. You've gone above and beyond my limits here Mac, and I don't trust myself not to get even angrier.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Votecount:
Mac: 3 (Brindol, Tom, Lore)
Lore: 3 (Mac, FrozenFlame, KevinM)
Tom: 2 (Maven89, Raxxel)
Red Ryu: 1 (Pythag)
Pythag: 1 (Red Ryu)

Not voting: 2 (Z25, Rajam)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

Day ends in just under 24 hours.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m on the road right now with some horrible weather and service so I’m going to put a vote down while I have a second as who knows when I’ll be ack and I don’t want to miss deadline:

Vote: Mac

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
To be blunt, I'm not going to respond to that text wall of nonsense. I am, however, livid at one line in particular. This is outside of alignment and is a straight up call out of you as a player here. This was completely out of line:

Yes, me saying "hey I've had a rough day and am not really wanting to continue arguing right now" then later explaining "my credit card had been stolen, thanks for understanding at the time. Let's continue." is AtE. It's totally AtE and not me having a rough day then explaining why it had been rough.

It sure is AtE to ask for an argument to be delayed thanks to having a rough day, then later explaining the rough day and thanking you for patience. I'd totally do a ploy like that, to the point of faking having my credit card stolen and betraying every single value I've stated in every game.

I got f***ing MODKILLED for getting angry at Soup's AtE crap (ignoring the mod mixup) and calling him out on it. Boy, I sure am a player who would appreciate someone getting annoyed at me being a good sport about having had a bad day.

This is a forum game, and it is very far down on my list of priorities, especially when my cc gets stolen. Even still, I'd rather be decent about it and be honest when I'm having a bad day. Looks like that s*** doesn't work, and I should just be an emotionless robot in my posts.

I'm out for the night. You've gone above and beyond my limits here Mac, and I don't trust myself not to get even angrier.
???

Lore I explicitly said that i wasn't gonna harp about your IRL stuff being AtE as im taking you at your word that you wouldn't use that maliciously as you can see me say here:

weird that he claims it semantics, i literally just wanted him to directly answer my q. there's also little bit of AtE from Lore here, though i'm not gonna harp on this too much since I'd rather assume that Lore's acting in good faith and had IRL **** that was bothering him. but readers, if yall are still following along with this ISO, i think you can agree that i haven't been unreasonable in how ive questioned Lore up till this point.
the AtE i'm calling out was you being upset at me asking questions and sharing what I thought was a real contradiction. was not referring to your IRL ****

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
these sentences are the AtE i was referring to, not your RL ****.

What I'm baffled by is how little you're understanding my posts, to be frank. You even quote me then go off on this tangent about an imaginary contradiction. Here's my original quote.

The "role-mentioning" is about how the entire ****ing post is talking about breadcrumbing power roles, not the fact that it brings up some roles. It is beyond frustrating at this point that you're focusing on the specific role examples rather than how the entire post was about roles.
either way don't respond to this as im exhausted over you maligning every action i take

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
seems that I killed the thread with my wall o' text

anyway, I currently have the highest number of votes(L-3) while Lore is second(L-4). I'm 100% ok with this lynch being a referendum on Lore vs Me

if i die, kudos to Lore who's bs rhetoric and talking points was successfully able to convince players to vote out the most actively scumhunting player in the game. reminds of something Kevin said long ago in an argument (i think with Ronike) about how it doesn't matter if you get all the reads right, if you can't convince ppl of your case you still suck at mafia

some of my thoughts on players:

pythag
So I def don't support a pythag lynch anymore. I agree with what FF said about that slot. he's solidly active and contributing and there are def slots that look worse than him and deserve to be lynched first (Tom and Brindor mostly)

I explained to Mac, and I'll say it again I didn't hop off solely for the wiki post, and to say it was only the case is disingenuous.
fwiw this is true, even when i made my post about "strength of resolve" id known that pythag made it clear that it was also cuz raxxle came off as noob town.

___

brindor
I agree with FF on policy lynching this slot

___

Tom
I definitely think this guy is scum.

I can't see how Tom would in good faith think that I'm the most scummy player this game so far. at least with z25 and brindor, i can understand them being new and not getting where im coming from but not Tom.

It's problematic that in the post where Tom votes me, he doesn't really say anything substantial about how what I'm doing is scummy. His main issue seems to be that I've stooped down to Lore's level and got in an argument with him?

Also I think that if Lore were to flip scum, there are potential connections between the two here. Obviously how Tom takes his side wholeheartedly is one of them but also it would explain some of Lore's behavior. Lore may have drew attention to Tom's first post without fully grokking it because he wanted to set up some distancing from Tom's slot early on. I can see scumLore trying to pretend that he's honestly considering Tom's slot

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ugh i didn't get to finish my post as i clicked post reply instead of insert quotes, here's the rest of Tom's section and his connection with Lore:

Them being aligned would also explain this interesting series of posts by Lore. He goes from:
  1. not having Tom in his lynch pool for some reason (despite supporting an inactive lynch on FF and wanting to lynch Brindor)
  2. to pushing Tom to the top of his lynch pool (while I was at the bottom)
  3. to switching to me when Tom makes a single post

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu

I'm not really a fan of you folding and going "oh ok I'm on Lore's side" after the lightest bit of pressure, tbh. Especially after how open-ended and non-commital your initial "hmm gonna think on Mac's stuff here" post was.

I'm fine with keeping my vote on you for now, just got a general weird vibe from that string of interactions.

My current pool is you (RR), FrozenFlame, Brindor, and Mac. FF because we seriously need to purge this inactive problem from DGames, Brindor unless they start voting and asking questions, and Mac unless he leaves his tunnel. He's pulling a classic Lore move here, focusing too hard on a single thing.
While I completely agree, I would rather wait until later in the Day phase to do this. Lynching an inactive D1 can hamper things in terms of getting useful reads from a flip, and I'd rather get someone who has a paper trail/opinions/interactions that a flip would shed light on.

But at the same time I really want to rid this subforum of this inactive problem, and FF has been inactive for the past 3 games. So I'm mixed on this game in particular. I think I'm more than fine with an inactive lynch in this game, but I do still want to wait.
Nah after some quick thought, f*** this weak s*** lol.

What's Tom going to do after a post like this? "Oh cool so any wagon on me is toothless, I won't post anymore." This is different than FF, who can and should be replaced. Tom posted and is actively liking things; he needs a wagon on him yesterday, to get him to actually post.

And if he doesn't start making content and posting, in response to the wagon? It'll mean that we found scum, imo. The dude is reading the thread, but he also is clearly coasting. He won't start posting until legitimate pressure is on him.

Vote: Tom

Lynch priority:

Tom
Ryu
Brindor
FrozenFlame
Potentially Kev depending on responses/future content, the Pythag stuff is weird imo
Mac
___

b25
despite what ppl like FF and Tom said about this slot. I didn't gutread this player as scum initially. though i think i have bad scumdar when it comes to newer players. his reason for voting me is kinda weird and he never responds to me question about it but iono. he's def someone to be wary of

I will say that it's super funny how the 4 people who are voting me now were 4/5 ppl in my "scum / should die" list

___

ff
I'm clearly biased here but dude seems town. I like that he gave completely unsolicited points about KevinM potentially being scum, which is a direction that it seems that noone was going down so far this game yet. It shows that he's actually looking at the game with a critical eye and not just going with the flow. Also he comes through with super reasonable points on a lot of players like RR, pythag, b25, etc etc

Rajam

Smash Champion
ok i'm almost done with page 3. Kevin - Maven really rubs me the wrong way and their interactions look like distancing. Still holding to Kev scum -> Maven scum

Also page 3 sold me on Lore not scum with Rouxxar

Tom disappeared shortly after posting... basically nothing? not cool bro

Maven89

Smash Master
Sorry work was very long today, I have an early day tomorrow and won’t be able to do the in-depth post I was planning that requires lore than mobile posting.

Current views are still to kill Ryu, Toms post I didn’t like, and Lore is acting exactly like J does when he’s scum, so much that I had to stop and remember if J ever namehanged to Werekill. Is there a single bandwagon this guy hasn’t jumped on?

Mac is most townie right now.

Mac had pretty weak points against Lore, but Lore’s tone and responses have been over the top, he’s jumped on every wagon that has appeared. Has he ever voted for Mac? I don’t recall him doing so and will look for this on reread.

Vote on Tom was really just for pressure, I’m leaving it on him cause he barely posted.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Am I in the wrong for seeing Lore v Mac as town v town? Or rather to put it better, I see town intent on both actions and neither comes off as scummy with intent?

I get where both are coming from, granted if you had a gun to my head I think Lore’s reaction is less convincing if you made me pick between the two.

Still not where I want a lynch.

I’d rather off Pythag/Brindol right now before I dig into recent posts.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Town:
Lore
Mac

Town/null:
Raxxel
Rajam(meta gut guess with behavior)

Null:
Tom
FF
Z25
KevinM

Scum/null:
Maven

Scum:
Brindol
Pythag

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Read the thread and took notes last night before my fantasy football draft, but fell asleep afterwards. Can't check at work anymore except for on mobile, and my today (/tomorrow) my team at work has been folded into a much larger team and now I'm in charge of that new team. There was no way I was going to be able to check at work today. Super apologies.

I know its detrimental for me to be absent and I'm sorry about it but I am not inactive and I am not going to need replacing out. I'm reading and forming opinions and I'm here to share them.

My first post: hilarious marshy copypasta. To answer Red Ryu's #171 - yes, I read all of the rules. I thought it would be hilarious to copy paste that marshy first post as my first post and thought it would get things rolling. Yes, referencing roles that are not in this game is part of the joke and I would have hoped would make things perfectly clear that it was a joke. Lore proved me wrong because of course.

Lore v Mac: Personally I think this is some bull**** and I put it on Mac. Lore is an extremely frustrating player for me to read because he continually puts his foot in his mouth, gets upset about things, hyper focus tunnels 1v1, and flips town. He specifically noted at the beginning of the game that he wasn't going to do this **** or hyper focus on anyone or get in a semantic argument to the detriment of the thread, and Mac - while at first simply notating a discrepancy - poked that discrepancy at Lore and his response and his response over and over (173, 174, 191). Basically Mac has lowered himself to Lore's level and looks good by comparison, for something that's super semantic and Lore!guaranteed. Mac is self-referential as it "feels" like something he did in Summer Game 2 when he pushed my inactive Town slot as scum. Not a good look for me.

Maven: #182 "gives advice" to Brindor that's basically worthless and I didn't like it.

Rajam: #121 I do not follow at all.

KevinM: excellent out the gate and made me genuinely feel bad for my inactivity.

Z25: #39 feels weird. "also what game was I scum?" - shouldn't you know?

My singular strong townread is Raxxel.

I am having a hard time parsing Red Ryu re: Red Ryu v Pythag (perhaps even Red Ryu v Lore) and so I'll have to revisit that.

Tom
KevinM
Raxxel

Lore
Pythag
Brindor
Red Ryu

(Z25
Frozenflame)

Maven
Rajam
Mac

vote: Mac
Interesting reads.

Talk to me what really gets you to like Kevin.

I feel like I want to get a good feel for liking him right now but something just makes me second him. It’s how I feel like he is intentionally holding his cards back. Makes me distrust him, you think he came off strong. How come?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
mac's wall post is pretty fire ngl like I pretty much cosign everything he says in there. I guess where I deviate is I scumread lore more for his attempts to dodge your line of inquiry and focus and write you off as merely "tunneling" and "useless to the town." Its like a shaming a silencing technique that just comes off hella scummy. I agree with the general argument that much of Lore's contributions can be seen as more focused on signalling that really contributing, but I guess I don't give the evidence cited as much weight as mac does. It's lore's reaction to the pressure and as mac says, having to quite frankly just deal with how a game of ****ing mafia is played that tilts the scales into scum territory for me.
"Even when I was at my worst tunneling, I still made some small posts about other subjects. It doesn't change that you are hyperfocused on a single post, to the point where it is defining your top scum pick and dominating your discussions on me."

oh but Lore didn't you just say:

"99% of your posts have been either about me or asking people about me."

like this post is Lore being mad cuz im simply playing the game of mafia
^ like this was a hard hitting callout imo

another key point:
this begins another oft repeated talking point from Lore that I'm "only focusing on a single post". Like what even is his point here anyway? Of course if theres a post that pings me as scum, im gonna focus on it. Even in this game people have had issues with Raxxle, Pythag and Red Ryu off of one single post. I don't see Lore having such an issue with those pushes.
hits on a big consistency issue here. like come the **** on is D1 in a game with short deadlines, we can't exactly wait for volumes upon volumes of discourse before we even begin to consider applying some focused pressure

ultimately Lore's sensitivity to pressure and utter determination to interpret everything as some kind of personal assault instead of just people playing the game of mafia just solidifies him as a top play for the day imo

Sorry work was very long today, I have an early day tomorrow and won’t be able to do the in-depth post I was planning that requires lore than mobile posting.

Current views are still to kill Ryu, Toms post I didn’t like, and Lore is acting exactly like J does when he’s scum, so much that I had to stop and remember if J ever namehanged to Werekill. Is there a single bandwagon this guy hasn’t jumped on?

Mac had pretty weak points against Lore, but Lore’s tone and responses have been over the top, he’s jumped on every wagon that has appeared. Has he ever voted for Mac? I don’t recall him doing so and will look for this on reread.

Vote on Tom was really just for pressure, I’m leaving it on him cause he barely posted.
sounds like we're in the same camp re: what elements of Lore's play is setting off our scumdars

can you explain your RR pick as a top play? Also agreed that tom hasn't inspired really done much to inspire a town read

I actually ****ing lol'd at the J namechange to werekill joke ngl dude

#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac do you think Maven is making the right call here pushing for more pressure on Tom? fwiw Lore does have a point re: over centralizing discussion on him even if he is scum. if we can pressure other slots within the time constraints we have its certainly cant hurt

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Am I in the wrong for seeing Lore v Mac as town v town? Or rather to put it better, I see town intent on both actions and neither comes off as scummy with intent?

I get where both are coming from, granted if you had a gun to my head I think Lore’s reaction is less convincing if you made me pick between the two.

Still not where I want a lynch.

I’d rather off Pythag/Brindol right now before I dig into recent posts.
I can see why someone might read their 1v1 as TvT so I don't think you're like way off base but also be wary that you're dealing with multiteam this game so trying to categorize 1v1s into clean and distinct TvT or TvS or SvS isn't quite so straightforward given the fact that we have multiple flavors of scum to deal with

why a pythag lynch? really don't see him as a top play at all today so this has me curious because I can understand where you're coming from on pretty much everything else you're saying

also is your read list ordered at all re: relative scumminess within tiers?

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Alright punks, who's been calling me out all night?
If you're a man , let's 1v1 eachother in the streets

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Frozen do you think we can really afford to wait to wagon a slot with how this game has shaped up on D1 i don’t think we can even afford to wagon other slots and not risk a NL.

Still don’t like how you guys aren’t seeing Ruy/Python as plays today but I’m not gonna argue a case with 12 hours to go when in 96 hours they best we’ve done is get someone to L-3 in the first 12 hours of the game. And I hate two of the slots that did that.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
so deadlines at 3pm today, that's what in 6 hours?

#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac do you think Maven is making the right call here pushing for more pressure on Tom? fwiw Lore does have a point re: over centralizing discussion on him even if he is scum. if we can pressure other slots within the time constraints we have its certainly cant hurt
yea lore does have a point here. im def in favor of pressuring Tom, but iirc he mentioned having some life **** to deal with that would make him inactive? ok just checked, he says he can't post at work anymore during the day (congrats on leading the new team sounds like a promotion) so i don't think he's gonna post again toDay. if we're wagoning it has to be with intent to lynch. which yknow id be ok with

i don't think z25 is gonna post again toDay. Brindor's doing nothing. Rajam seems to have been left in the dust by this thread. Haven't seen Raxxle for a day.

im pretty sure we won't be able to consolidate a solid lynch in time, esp given that a bunch of people have Lore vs Me as TvT. idk why yall think Lore's been responding in good faith but w/e. If Lore's town then his emotional response to being questioned and pressured is straight insanity

Frozen do you think we can really afford to wait to wagon a slot with how this game has shaped up on D1 i don’t think we can even afford to wagon other slots and not risk a NL.

Still don’t like how you guys aren’t seeing Ruy/Python as plays today but I’m not gonna argue a case with 12 hours to go when in 96 hours they best we’ve done is get someone to L-3 in the first 12 hours of the game. And I hate two of the slots that did that.
and yea idk Kevin, not super strong on Pythag or RR being plays today as I'd rather go with one of my scum picks or a slot like Brindor. esp since we know we'll get useful content from them later in the game. I obv think Lore's the best play as he's scummy af and due to how everyones had to comment on me vs him there are a lot of connections to go off of.

but realistically, I think it's more likely we'd be able to consolidate on a slot like Brindor, who deserves to be policy lynched. ofc im wary hes town just being weird for w/e reason but its probably imperative to lynch anti town slots like that.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
this is the pool of players that we can realistically rely on to swing a lynch right now.

Me, Kevin, FF, Maven, RR, Pythag, Lore and maybe @Raxxle is he shows up? that's 8 out of 12 players.

Brindor Brindor , you sticking with your vote on me or would you support other lynches? and would you like to comment on anything about the actual game itself?

Rajam

Smash Champion
I initially hated his first posts but the way he’s played this game feels way too new town. He sits about 4 on my lynch list currently.

Pythag
Lore/Ruy
Raxxel.

On the chance that you’re incorrect with your current lynch pick and Raxxel flips town how would you approach the next Day phase, who looks better and who looks worse?
Would look at players sidelining (aka absent players, or players ignoring the issue). None of the players voting Raxxel seemed particularly scummy for doing so. Tom, Z25, Maven, and inactives jump to mind

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
???

Lore I explicitly said that i wasn't gonna harp about your IRL stuff being AtE as im taking you at your word that you wouldn't use that maliciously as you can see me say here:

the AtE i'm calling out was you being upset at me asking questions and sharing what I thought was a real contradiction. was not referring to your IRL ****
You went "there's also little bit of AtE from Lore here, though i'm not gonna harp on this too much since I'd rather assume that Lore's acting in good faith and had IRL **** that was bothering him." In your very next part, you said that there was "more AtE by Lore in this post which kinda annoys me cuz i was tryna be reasonable."

I think it's more than reasonable to assume that you meant the irl stuff. If you meant otherwise then fair enough, but you could have actually said what "AtE" you were referring to.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure you think everyone should play like an emotionless robot and not say when they get frustrated. If you can't see how I'd get frustrated having to repeat myself over and over from you asking the same questions again and again, then I'd like to have a candid talk post-game. You've directly sucked the fun out of this game for me.

You're not "playing mafia how it's meant to be played." You're playing it like I have for the last couple games, where I got rightfully called out on it. You're tunneling, hardcore.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
ugh i didn't get to finish my post as i clicked post reply instead of insert quotes, here's the rest of Tom's section and his connection with Lore:

Them being aligned would also explain this interesting series of posts by Lore. He goes from:
  1. not having Tom in his lynch pool for some reason (despite supporting an inactive lynch on FF and wanting to lynch Brindor)
  2. to pushing Tom to the top of his lynch pool (while I was at the bottom)
  3. to switching to me when Tom makes a single post
Fam there's a pretty big difference between FF not ever posting and Tom posting but lurking in the thread. FF was the worse of the two, then Kev made his weak post about not lynching Tom for lurking. I wanted to apply legitimate pressure to force content out of Tom, and it worked. He then gave work johns.

Frankly the only person who hasn't given meaningful content at this point is Brindor, despite repeated requests to do so. Z25 literally has a concussion, Maven is coasting but posting at least once a day (even if I disagree with his view in his most recent one), and Tom has work johns.

I could see myself moving to Brindor since a lot of my vote on you is from frustration at your playstyle, but I've been pretty clear on that.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i mean i don't think you should be emotionless, i've clearly not been. i do expect you to be reasonable

You're playing it like I have for the last couple games, where I got rightfully called out on it. You're tunneling, hardcore.
you keep saying this.. but you've been town in those last couple games. The way you've been dismissive and talking down to me gives off the impression that you think I'm town as well (as opposed to thinking that i'm just acting this way as scum to lead a town lynch on your slot). but then why are you supporting my lynch?

who else is in your lynch pool, would you support anyone else lynch today?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

This is what I disagree with on Maven. The whole "bandwagon" jumping makes zero sense when I've literally been arguing Pythag as being OK. However, I get the feeling that this is a quick gut-impression from him, given his work mention.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
some quick maths, the chances that me and Lore (or any other two slots) are TvT is about 34%.

P(TvT) = 7/12 * 7/12 = 34.02%
P(TvS) = ((7/12 * 5/12) * 2) = 48.61%
P(SvS) = 5/12 * 5/12 = 17.36%

from yalls pov its about 40% more likely that we're TvS than TvT... do with that what you will

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Would look at players sidelining (aka absent players, or players ignoring the issue). None of the players voting Raxxel seemed particularly scummy for doing so. Tom, Z25, Maven, and inactives jump to mind
Rajam, deadlines coming soon. would you commit to lynching any of these players? I'm thinking Brindor or Tom (maybe z25) are possible options here.

also while I'm not particularly interested in them, it does seem like there's ok enough support for a pythag or RR lynch

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
i mean i don't think you should be emotionless, i've clearly not been. i do expect you to be reasonable

you keep saying this.. but you've been town in those last couple games. The way you've been dismissive and talking down to me gives off the impression that you think I'm town as well (as opposed to thinking that i'm just acting this way as scum to lead a town lynch on your slot). but then why are you supporting my lynch?

who else is in your lynch pool, would you support anyone else lynch today?
Mac, let's have an honest conversation here. Take a second and let's do a hypothetical.

You are playing a new game of mafia. You make a post about someone that, despite your intentions, can be taken in a bad way. Someone asks you about it and whether you actually read the original post. You answer that while you did read it, it was pretty clear from an outside factor (the copy paste, in our case) that you didn't really process the post mentally.

That question asker asks again, saying that you misunderstood his point. You answer again, with the same answer. He asks again. You answer again. He asks again. You answer again and say that he is tunneling on a single post and wasting Town's time, spending an entire irl day on this in a 3 (now 4) day game. You also say that maybe he should step away from the game a bit and come back later. Not only does he take this very poorly, but he also repeats his point AGAIN. It devolves from there.

That's the situation I'm in, from my perspective. Please look at it and try to see it through my eyes.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
On your point with me being town in those games: I also did it in a recent game where I was Scum, where I tunneled on Medi and frankly made it miserable for him, repeating the same point and flat out ignoring his content.

I think there's enough from you for at minimum a scum lean, and the frustration takes it over the line to Lynchville for me.

My lynch pool is basically the same as before: You (since you continued this tunneling, and I was clear that I'd be fine with lynching you if you continued), Red Ryu, and the inactives. Now the only big inactive-coasting player is Brindor, so that would be the person I'd go to.

There are a couple other players that look a bit weird and grimy, but they aren't a lynch priority today imo.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Alright punks, who's been calling me out all night?
If you're a man , let's 1v1 eachother in the streets
People have been repeatedly asking you to explain your vote or really do anything. I get that you're nervous as a new player to dive in, but you're going to get voted if this continues. I'm on board with voting you, at least.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
some quick maths, the chances that me and Lore (or any other two slots) are TvT is about 34%.

P(TvT) = 7/12 * 7/12 = 34.02%
P(TvS) = ((7/12 * 5/12) * 2) = 48.61%
P(SvS) = 5/12 * 5/12 = 17.36%

from yalls pov its about 40% more likely that we're TvS than TvT... do with that what you will
actually this assumes you're an outside observer, if you're are a townie in this game then you take 1 out of the denominator to account for yourself:

P(TvT) = 6/11 * 6/11 = 29.75%
P(TvS) = ((5/11 * 6/11) * 2) = 49.58%
P(SvS) = 5/11 * 5/11 = 20.66%

so 66% more likely that any 2 random players in the game are TvS than TvT!

#lynchlore

Top Bottom