• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jun Fukuyama is BACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man who was personally picked by Sakurai when he was a nobody, now he's one of the most legendary voice actors in Japan!

Similar to when Roy was a nobody in FE6, and now he's our MAN, grown-up since his last appearance in Smash alongside Jun, Marth, and Ike!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Correct me if I'm wrong but these are brand new voice clips, right?

D

Deleted member

They are new. I'm impressed he just can get brought back for more. :p

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike
I always liked what he said @ :27 in Melee. :D And... :32 seconds and after hahaha

cybersai

Smash Ace
In the beginning of Roy's trailer he slashes the Koopaling Roy as if he said, "The original Roy is BACK!"

How did you feel?

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
I laughed.
All of those "Roy's already in the game" jokes, those painful jokes...
...finally came to an end.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I laughed when I saw :4feroy: attack :4roy:. It is clear Nintendo knows about the memes.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
You know, now that Roy FINALLY got his job back. And he looks pretty awesome to boot, and instead of being burned at the stake for being another Marth clone, he's welcomed back with open arms.

smesty

Smash Cadet
Since the games launch, I've felt very detached from the game as a whole, no character really giving me any decent fulfillment.. (zzz Diddy)

However with the inclusion on my boy Roy, I finally felt the need to start posting and being at least a part of the community in some way.

I home I'm useful, the combo game on Roy feels hella strong with dthrow jab reset I am so hype. :)

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
He's way better than Marth and Lucina, IMO.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
The man who was personally picked by Sakurai when he was a nobody, now he's one of the most legendary voice actors in Japan!

Similar to when Roy was a nobody in FE6, and now he's our MAN, grown-up since his last appearance in Smash alongside Jun, Marth, and Ike!
I'm so glad he's back.

smesty

Smash Cadet
I dislike Marth so much since Melee days because of how ridiculously strong he was.

I tried so hard to like Lucina but she is questionable at best.

Roy, Roy was what I needed.

Mechageo

Smash Ace

When Melee came out, I was 16. It's been years and I've blossomed into a smashing man. So has our boy, Roy, apparently!

Just thought I'd throw together these two renders of him for comparison.

The one on the left is Project M and the one on the right is Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS.

There's quite a difference, isn't there?

Last edited:

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
He's way better than Marth and Lucina, IMO.
True that. Especially because his throws can be followed up and comboed, while Marth and Lucina's throws send opponents flying so high it's impossible to do any follow ups.

ggamer77

Smash Cadet
NNID
ggamer77
I'm really loving Roy in this game. No more is he below Marth.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
True that. Especially because his throws can be followed up and comboed, while Marth and Lucina's throws send opponents flying so high it's impossible to do any follow ups.
Yeah. That helps with his ability to rack up damage. He's definitely the best FE character in this game.

D

Deleted member

I'm still going "OMG this is so cool" all over this fact. " That guy... he's back for more and doing it as right as ever! "

p3ngw1nKing

Smash Cadet
Since the games launch, I've felt very detached from the game as a whole, no character really giving me any decent fulfillment.
This is EXACTLY how I was feeling too! I was really having a hard time enjoying sm4sh and I could never really get into it because none of the characters were appealing to me. But now Roy is back and he just feels so good to play. I finally have a reason to play the game!

It's just too bad he's so good because now everyone's gonna want to play him. T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom