• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 6, 2015] Cool Hands Smash Bros WiiU Singles Tournament (Marietta, Georgia)

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Entry Fee: $5 that goes toward the prize pool
Spectator Fee: $3 as a cover for the venue space includes an entry to a drawing for a free drink.

Tournament starts at 5:00 pm. We give a 15-minute leeway for late arrivals, but ask participants to arrive 30 minutes early for ease of sign-ups and starting on time. If you will be late and want to compete, please notify us by private message with your tag and blind pick OR HAVE A FRIEND sign you up, please have their payment ready in order to be entered to a later bracket.

1v1 Double Elimination
Stock: 2
Time limit: 8 minutes
No Customs

Neutral stages: Final destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Town and City and Lylat cruise

Determine first striker, first strikes 1
Second player strikes 2 of the remaining,
First picks which to play of the last 2 available
pilot wings, skyloft, wuhu island, Kongo jungle 64, Castle siege, Halberd, Delfino are all counterpicks

We allow two bans on these

Winner bans, loser picks for best 2 of 3

Character selection- blind for first match, subsequently winner locks in first, allowing character swap at any time.

In semifinals finals & grand finals, all matches are best 3 of 5 with no bans.

Please let us know if anything was missed, ask questions, and suggest any better ways to format how we organize these on the event page!

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I copied and pasted the tournament info from the Facebook event page. I am not the TO for this event, but I am helping advertise among other things.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
No customs. I just copied and pasted their Facebook info. Sorry for the late response.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I've been practicing all week. Can't wait to see everyone here! Top GA talent will be attending, and over 80 registered. HYPE!

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
No problem at all! Tournaments are great ways to gain experience and get better. I'll be wearing a blue Smash Studios t-shirt, so come find me tomorrow. Good luck!

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Just a quick question, will there be friendlies? If so when do they start?
Yes, there will be. It just depends on WHEN they will be. The last few times they were later on in the tournament (There's two setups; friendlies were on one). Last time they had them before the tournament started. So yeah, there will be just can't guarantee when, you know? But you can always ask for a hand warmer before your first match like some players do.

KingPandalot

Smash Rookie
NNID
KingPandalot
3DS FC
1590-4682-3919
Yeah man, thanks :D. Was this streamed by the way? My friends want to see it and I'm also curious to see who won.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Yeah man, thanks :D. Was this streamed by the way? My friends want to see it and I'm also curious to see who won.
Only the main stage (projector) was. It was streamed to Twitch.tv/CoolHandsSmash You can go look at Past Broadcasts to watch your match if you played on it.

The next time, I'm going to bring my setup, and stream from the 2nd stage as well.

Top Bottom