• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

jun 28th Monthly Brawl Tourney - Singles and Doubles - Birmingham ,AL

-: Trey :-

Smash Apprentice
Hey could you clear up the address for me, I really cant point it out with that the info provided.

Gizm0

Smash Rookie
are we allowd to use g-cube controllers? cause i went to a tourney last month and they only allowed the nunchuck

Smash Apprentice
I had lots of fun this tourny. xD sorry I had to drop though Rawr, my Mom was like this is taking way to long and we had to leave. and to all of you I played in friendlies, I enjoyed the matches very much! I was the Pit aka Kola there. I will be attending next months bimonthly for sure.

nice1

Smash Lord
i wish i could have attend but my carover heated along the way. I'll try to make it to the next one with an diff car

vgb-matt

Smash Rookie
nice

I was Googling for SSBB Tourneys and came across your thread... Sorry I missed this, we were just coming off an all nighter LAN party. It sounded like an awesome event! :bigthumbu

Whoever is the organizer of this tourney, shoot me an email, and lets talk. I own a LAN Center here in Birmingham. I can help out by lending some Wii's or maybe even lending space in our center on our gigabit network. I'm all about trying to get more gaming going on in B'Ham and I'd like to help out if I can.

My email is: matt@vulcangamebox.com and our LAN Center website is www.VulcanGameBox.com there is a google map on the front page if you want to swing by one day.

Glad to see the event take off! Great Job! :)

gg,
Matt

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Props to Dais' Samus and George's Kirby, and Duchok's Ness for being the best I've seen live.

Rawr-Kw0n187

Smash Apprentice
I had lots of fun this tourny. xD sorry I had to drop though Rawr, my Mom was like this is taking way to long and we had to leave. and to all of you I played in friendlies, I enjoyed the matches very much! I was the Pit aka Kola there. I will be attending next months bimonthly for sure.
Np bro. I appreciate you guys coming thru. We'll make sure the tourny runs quicker next time. Thanx again.

Doubles
1st A boy and his blob(Duchock & George)
2nd Squirtle Kombat(Phantom and Proto)
3rd Jungle Love(Will & Paul)

Singles
1st Will
2nd Proto
3rd George
4th DanGR

I would like to give thanks to everyone who came out or attempted to. I can't wait to throw the next one. Thanx again for supporting the scene.

I cant show gratitude enough. The next tourny will be the on the last weekend of july. I'll make the thread soon enough.

If there are any suggestions on next months tourny please speak up.
See you guys next month.

The Phantom Smasher

Smash Cadet
btw Rawr-Kw0n187, i checked my calendar and i'm only going to be out of town sunday through friday of that week in july so should be able to make the next tourney :). Thanks again for hosting this one. It was awesome.

Smash Apprentice
lol I never got to play the people who replied xD.
and wow tried to do some online stuff today and jesus its too different. XP I dont think I can play online anymore.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
could everyone(or anyone who knows at least) who placed 8th or higher please post what place they got and what characters they used? It's for the rankings chart. I know phantom got tied for 5th...

Godhand_Soup

Smash Rookie
Good games, y'all. This tournament was a great experience and I'll be sure to make the next one. (This is Will btw)

I know phantom got tied for 5th...
Wasn't he the MK/D3 player with the light blue shirt?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
yes, he was. Do you know who else tied for 5th and the other two 7ths?

Smash Apprentice
Yea I would like the full results also, this way I can report them to T!mmy for the beta tier list!
Characters too please.

Rawr-Kw0n187

Smash Apprentice
^I do ,but I left the full results at the store I will post up 2morrow morning sirs.

I thinking tho

Duchock (nes) 5th
Dais (samus) 7th
Solid Play(Kirby) 7th

Glad everyone made it home ok

Smash Apprentice
ok so If I remember all of the people who played correctly then
1.Will-I believe he used a Metaknight
2.Proto-Game & Watch
3.George- Kirby
4.Dangr-Olimar(XP I still think your lose against the ness guy was bs)
the rest are posted above. XD I wanna play you all again sometime soon.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Posting for clarification on a few characters and prize money.

Doubles:
1st. Duchock and George ($147)
2nd. Pr0t0 and Phantom ($42)
3rd. Will and Paul ($21)

Singles:
1st. Will [Donkey Kong & Meta Knight] ($241.50)
2nd. Pr0t0 [Mr. Game & Watch & Wolf] ($69)
3rd. George [Kirby & Donkey Kong] ($34.50)
4th. DanGR [Olimar, Lucario, & Ike]
5th. Phantom [King Dedede & Meta Knight]
5th. Duchock [Ness]
7th. Dais [Samus]
7th. Solid [Kirby]

Smash Apprentice
Yea I was close <.<.
Good games again btw George xD you pulled one of my favorite kind of kirby kills on me.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
ok so If I remember all of the people who played correctly then
1.Will-I believe he used a Metaknight
2.Proto-Game & Watch
3.George- Kirby
4.Dangr-Olimar(XP I still think your lose against the ness guy was bs)
the rest are posted above. XD I wanna play you all again sometime soon.
hope to see you next month. ^_^

Posting for clarification on a few characters and prize money.

Doubles:
1st. Duchock and George ($147)
2nd. Pr0t0 and Phantom ($42)
3rd. Will and Paul ($21)

Singles:
1st. Will [Donkey Kong & Meta Knight] ($241.50)
2nd. Pr0t0 [Mr. Game & Watch & Wolf] ($69)
3rd. George [Kirby & Donkey Kong] ($34.50)
4th. DanGR [Olimar, Lucario, & Ike]
5th. Phantom [King Dedede & Meta Knight]
5th. Duchock [Ness]
7th. Dais [Samus]
7th. Solid [Kirby]
thanks, I'll post in the rankings chart if not already done.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
In the tactical discussion thread, there's a chart of characters and their tourney results abroad the U.S. Don't confuse it with tiers. If you place in a tourney above 15 persons you can post the results here:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954

If I posted something wrong about this tourney, then please correct me.

Gizm0

Smash Rookie
great tourney guys hope to see all of you and more at the next one

ill be practicing till then so beware next time! (this is tyler btw)

Dais

Smash Cadet
Yo, this was my first real tournament and I had a great time. I was very happy to show a little Samus love. Well, I guess it ended up being a lot of Samus love. (Thanx 4 the props DanGR) Hey, were you that Olimar that sent me to the losers brachet? I am not used to fighting that little freak! I'm not used to fighting most of the characters really, so it was really cool to go against so many different people.
Let me just say your store was cool - Man I would have lived in a store like that as a kid! But, that tournament lasted way too **** long dude. I got off work, drove an hour up there and by the time I left (8:00) ...... I went straight back to work! Hell, I had to leave early to make it to work on time. What time did it even end?!? I know my personal situation sucked but, I'd venture to say that 11am to 9pm is a little much. Lets set the fights up and start knockin' em out, ya know?
Anyway, I had a good time. When I come to another one I'm going to have to make sure I'm off cause that sucked! I was draggin' *** all night at work! :laugh:

Rawr-Kw0n187

Smash Apprentice
^
Gotcha Bro. We'll make sure the tourney runs a lot faster. I'm glad you had a good time, and I hope you make the next one. Tell ya bro thanx also. The tourny will go a lot faster thats a done deal.

Thanx for the support homie

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if h-ville doesn't have its tourney this month (which it looks like they won't)
i'll make this.

well I might go to this anyway since its closer. I'll probably bring my brother as well if he's in town.

this tourney looked to have a lack of diddy and ROB. that will change next time :-D

Smash Apprentice
if h-ville doesn't have its tourney this month (which it looks like they won't)
i'll make this.

well I might go to this anyway since its closer. I'll probably bring my brother as well if he's in town.

this tourney looked to have a lack of diddy and ROB. that will change next time :-D
xD we had 1 diddy there and 1 R.O.B none that placed I think though. o.o the person with the Diddy has an older brother that one the tourny however.

Top Bottom