• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Jun 27, 2015] Smash 4 Wii U Tourney at Oogie Games (Niagara Falls, New York)

BeBetterGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
BeBetterGamer
Hello everyone!

Oogie Games is a game store/franchise based in WNY, and they are having a Smash 4 Wii U Tournament at their Niagara Falls location. This is one of their recently opened stores and the tournament will be held in one of their party rooms. It's a nice big open space and they will have a main setup for the tournament as well as additional setups for people to play for fun/practice.

I went to a previous Smash tournament, and had a lot of fun. The one I went to had about 20 people, and there was another they had I missed that had about 30!

It's $5 to enter and the top three winners get the pot from everyone who entered in the form of a Oogie gift card. The more people who enter the bigger the prize!

I don't work for them, just a fan of their stores and figured I help spread the world here for Smash players who might be in the area and would want to meet other players from Buffalo/Niagara Falls.

I'll be there for sure this time, so I hope you can come out!

Here's a link to their facebook page for the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/461040644067259/

Description & Rules from their Facebook page:

"Come out and smash at your favorite shop for all things video games! Registration will start at 3PM and the tournament will begin at 4!

The entry fee will be $5, and will go towards a gift card for the top three participants!

RULES:
Ok everyone, here's the rules for the event!

Because of the large attendance number it's going to be a little different than last time!

The matches will be played out by best 2 of 3, in FOR GLORY FORMAT, SINGLE ELIMINATION. That means Two stock, Omega stages, No items.
You are however allowed to change characters between each match!"

BeBetterGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
BeBetterGamer
Reminder! Smash tourney this weekend at Oogie Games! Hope to see a lot of Buffalo era players at this event!

Jaffar420

Smash Rookie
NNID
WuLiMSTR420
Is this a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly tourney? Can't make this one, but would love to come to any future events.

BeBetterGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
BeBetterGamer
Is this a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly tourney? Can't make this one, but would love to come to any future events.
Every Oogie location tries to hold tournaments on a regular basis, but honestly it's every now and then as opposed to weekly or monthly.

Although the store official who ran this event has promised that he will try to make it a monthly thing at the Niagara Falls location.

There are two other Smash 4 tournaments happening at other Oogie locations though:

one in Depew https://www.facebook.com/events/828617867222806/

And one in West Seneca: https://www.facebook.com/events/930921170283954/

I'll do my best to create boards for all their tournaments!

Last edited:
Top Bottom