• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Jun 21, 2015] Dragon's Den Wii U Smash Tournament 3 (Father's Day... (Poughkeepsie, New York)

JoeR

Smash Cadet
WELCOME TO THE DEN! This tournament will be the Third Smash 4 tournament hosted by Dragon’s Den and will feature 1vs1 singles and an Amiibo tournament! The second one was great and a ton of fun. WE HAD 42 PEOPLE SHOW UP AND PLAY! Dragon's Den also provided 2 slices of pizza and a soda for 5 extra dollars! Bring your A-game and fight for glory, money and a new amiibo!

Whether you are looking to improve, join the competitive scene or just want to play, we’d be glad to have you! Plus, Dragon’s Den specializes in cards, comics and gaming, so just seeing the store is worth coming down! Mark your calendars Sunday June 21st, 1PM!
***Additional Setups are welcome and will entitle a discount on tournament entry. Please keep in mind the venue uses AV ports, not HDMI, so cables for a Wii would be best in addition to Game Cube controller adpaters for the Wii U. If you are able to bring an additional setup please send a message to (mrmet144@aol.com) and we will work something out.

Location:Dragons Den. Poughkeepsie Plaza, 2600 South Rd, Poughkeepsie, NY http://www.gamersgambit.com/

Venue Telephone: (845) 471-1401

Sunday, June 21st, 2015

Time: 1PM (Please arrive 30 minutes early to register)

Tournament Fee: 10$

Prizes: Cash prize to the top 3-5 places. prize will be 50 % of the buy ins from contestants. Amiibo tournament will also have a prize of an amiibo, possibly custom. (If we have at least 32 people we will go to a 5 prize turn out)

Example: 32 people x $5 = $160 1. $70 2. $40 3. $25 4. $15 5. $10

General 1vs1 Rules:

ALL CHARACTERS WILL BE LEGAL!!!
• All matches are 2 stock with a 6 minute time limit
• Best of 3 games, Best of 5 games for finals in both brackets
• Double elimination
• Custom fighters are OFF, including Mii’s
• No items
• The act of stalling is banned and constitutes intentionally making the game unplayable. This includes infinites, chain grabs, and reaching a position your opponent cannot reach. Spamming a move does not constitute stalling.
• Any action to prevent the game from continuing will result in a forfeit for the match.
• Accidental pausing in a match will result in a loss of one stock in game.
• If time runs out the winner it determined by stock and if not by stock then percentage.
• In the event of a percentage tie, there will be a one stock tie breaker match set to 3 minutes on the same stage.
• If a match ends by suicide, such as ganoncide, the initiator wins the match.
• Coaching is not allowed
• Planking (keeping to an edge excessively) is not allowed.

Amiibo Tournament Rules

• All 1 vs 1 rules apply
• Amiibo may have power ups and custom moves
• No badges that start with items (all others are allowed)

Stage List

Starters

• Final Destination
• Battle Field
• Smashville

Counterpicks

DREAM LAND 64
• Castle Seige
• Delfino Plaza
• Duck Hunt
• Halberd
• Lylat Cruise
• Town and City
• Omega stages *Treated as Final Destination when banning.

Additional Rules

• Stage Striking: Players take turns striking one stage from the starter stage list. The remaining stage is used for the match.
• Stage Clause: You cannot counterpick a stage that has been previously won on or played on.
• Stage Bans: Before the second or third match the player that won may ban 2 stages from the starter or counterpick stage list.

Tournament Organizer: JoeR (mrmet144@aol.com) Just post on this page if possible.

Last edited:

JoeR

Smash Cadet
The last tournament on May 31st was awesome! We had 42 people, pizza, awesome matches and an amiibo tournament where the winner got a silver mario amiibo! WOOO!

As noted above this one is on Father's Day June 21st and will pay out to the top 5 if we get 32+ people. We also will be using electronic brackets to speed things up.

PLEASE if you have setups bring them and your tournament fee will be docked 50% if we use your setup! Thanks a lot guys and we hope to see you there!

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
Just as a quick question about the Amiibo tournament.

Is the Respawn Final Smash equipment allowed, or does that count as an item-granting effect?

Gookie

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely coming to this and bringing a few friends. Also I can bring a set-up if you need it.

JoeR

Smash Cadet
Also, all characters will be legal assuming most setups have the updates and I would like to add dreamland as a counterpick stage.

Gookie

Smash Rookie
I got 2nd (I was Caleb)

Really fun tourney guys! Hopefully next time we can do teams.

JoeR

Smash Cadet
I will see about posting the results. We have them saved. Next time evryone will be assigned numbers.

Gookie

Smash Rookie
So I happened to leave my WiiU gamepad there when I bought my set-up, and I live like 40 minutes away, so what should I do?

JoeR

Smash Cadet
Dude. I hope you got it! I live 45 minutes away, so your best bet is to call the place and ask. Sorry that happened!

JoeR

Smash Cadet
Results from last tournament:
1: cody gonzalez
2: caleb fraser
3: nick smith
4: seth Echevarria
5: michael ligari
6: carl morris
7: joey gentiluomo
8: john staino
9: aaron piheiro