• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Jun 20, 2015] Smash 4 Cash Fundraiser House Tourney (Indian Trail, NC)

xD4nish

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5000-3782-0400
Smash 4 Cash is a relaxed, open house Smash Bros for Wii U tourney that is being held in order to help raise money for my high-school marching band's trip to Hawaii. This is not a vacation however, our band has been personally invited to represent the U.S.S. North Carolina in the annual Pearl Harbor Memorial Parade. This means that out of every high-school marching band in the ENTIRE STATE, we were selected. Please read below.

As you are probably aware, travel costs are far from cheap. An estimated cost for the trip is sitting currently sitting around $2,000 per student, plus costs of shipping uniforms, heavy instruments, etc. Our goal for this tournament is to raise enough money to put at least a dent in the costs of shipping equipment.

As mentioned, it is a house tourney. All are welcome to come, there will be at least 3 set-ups for tournament play.
A majority of the crowd will be high-school age, but we will not turn anyone away.
Here is a link to the flyer, feel free to print a few out, or share elsewhere. Thank you! Additional tournament info below.
  • Doors open at 12 pm. Friendlies/Socialization time.
  • A donation of any size gets you into a singles/doubles* tournament
  • Singles tournament starts at 1 pm.
  • There will be free food and beverages.
  • Winner of Singles will receive a custom gold-painted Mario amiibo.
*if there is enough interest, 4-5 teams of 2 per se. Will begin after Singles is complete.

Everyone is welcome to come. There will be some casuals in attendance, but also some very skilled competitive players, such as my crew. Come out to have a good time, support a great cause, and see how you stack up!

If you have any questions at all, please ask. I am more than happy to give you all the information I can.

Last edited:

xD4nish

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5000-3782-0400
We will be following EVO 2015 ruleset, with a few adjustments to make playing more enjoyable. For instance, if you wait more than a minute between games of your set, we wont DQ you.

Ironf1st

Smash Rookie
So, the big question every TO in the world will have to answer.....are the new characters going to be allowed? I have a setup with all the new characters if we need one, I just don't have all the customs. If you have a ds that has the customs on it, I would be willing to bring my setup if you need it :D

Last edited:

xD4nish

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5000-3782-0400
Yes, the characters from DLC will be legal. We have two setups with all DLC purchased, feel free to bring yours as well. We also have a 3DS with all EVO legal custom sets, so we are good there as well.

IntelTH

Smash Rookie
So, the big question every TO in the world will have to answer.....are the new characters going to be allowed? I have a setup with all the new characters if we need one, I just don't have all the customs. If you have a ds that has the customs on it, I would be willing to bring my setup if you need it :D
no they are not

IntelTH

Smash Rookie
me and my cousin will be attending hopefully we can get others we want to play in the doubles tournament

xD4nish

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5000-3782-0400
me and my cousin will be attending hopefully we can get others we want to play in the doubles tournament
Me and a buddy of mine will also be in doubles if it gets going, so hopefully a few other teams will decide to enter.

Top Bottom