• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Jun 19, 2015] Wylie Smash Bros (Wylie, TX)

Riddallk

Smash Rookie
This is a weekly tournament in Wylie, TX to give local players a chance to test their skills and earn some cool prizes doing so. I strongly advise bringing your own controllers as I have only two cheap wireless controllers as spares. Also, it would be appreciated if you could bring a console, game disc or TV to help speed up the process. Tournaments will start with Project M and will phase towards whatever interest is shown in. Please message me for exact location, thank you.

Also, if you do not have a copy of Project M and do not wish to figure out how to install it, I have sd cards I would be happy to sell and install for you.

Project M Ruleset

* 4 stock 8 minute rounds

* Items OFF and set to NONE

* Double Elimination

* Best 2 out of 3 until Winners Bracket finals, Losers Bracket finals, and Grand Finals; which will be best 3 of 5

* If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.

* Basic tournament rules, if you have questions please ask.

Vaddix

Smash Rookie
There we go, some grassroots efforts in the works. I'll definitely be there! Is there going to be food/drinks, or should attendees plan ahead? Could probably pool cash for some pizza or something if enough people show up.

JR Roach

Smash Rookie
There we go, some grassroots efforts in the works. I'll definitely be there! Is there going to be food/drinks, or should attendees plan ahead? Could probably pool cash for some pizza or something if enough people show up.
yeah ill bring money for pizza and probably a 2 liter. Ill text people i know to do the same probably good idea to bring own drinks lol

Riddallk

Smash Rookie
I have some drinks, but I think it would be a good idea to pool for pizza and more drinks depending on attendance. I'm still playing it by ear so we will have to see.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Yo. I'm a vet melee player from Sachse. How weird would it be for a grandpa like me to show up cause I'm getting a young vibe from the post/replies here. I play PM for fun so I wouldn't mind throwing down with y'all

Riddallk

Smash Rookie
Yes, it is generally a younger crowd and I don't expect different today. However I welcome all players and would love to see a challenge.

Top Bottom