• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 13, 2015] IDaGamer in Trussville Project M Bi-weeklies (Trussville, AL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Is this the first one?
This isn't the first one but I went to the last two. Pretty well run, they made sure that everyone got stream time by playing all or most of the winner's bracket on the stream. It's not perfect but it's not by any means bad, I'll be making sure to come to as many as I can

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Wow! For some reason this thread is NOT watched even though I was the one who made it. Sorry guys.

I don't believe so, a friend of mine went to the last one. Said about 20? People showed up for it
It averages about 16-20 people. Last time there was 16 people despite all the rain and tornado watches.

What time do you expect the tournament to end?
Tournament usually ends around 10:00 P.M. Running time is deceptive because even though we start at 6pm, it's usually much later before everyone is registered. >_<

Two big announcements: The venue fee has been dropped. Just $5 to play now! Also, the bi-weeklies are being pushed back one week to start again on the 24th of January so people can travel to HASLFest this weekend.

There are talks about getting Smash Wii U in the line-up as the next game. Because of how the first round of Winner's usually takes place one set at a time, I can't say for certain but it seems like something that could be changed so that we can make time for everything.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Possible smash 4 at upcoming events? May be a frequent visitor at the monthlies if it goes through. Also thanks for the push to negotiate dates with HaSLfests~

Smoof

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashMastr98
3DS FC
1332-7766-7726
Also what kind of venue is this so I know what to look for when I arrive?

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Also what kind of venue is this so I know what to look for when I arrive?
It's part of a little strip mall behind a Pizza Hut and two gas stations. It has "iDaGamer" in illuminated lettering in front so it's fairly obvious when you look behind the other buildings on the main road.

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to come to this one, but I would be there at about 6:30. Can I (and probably one other) get put in the bracket and pay upon arrival?

I can give updates the day of.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I'd love to come to this one, but I would be there at about 6:30. Can I (and probably one other) get put in the bracket and pay upon arrival?

I can give updates the day of.
Realistically the tournament usually starts close to 7pm because people frequently come in late. It could be possible but you will have to call the store the day of the tournament to find out.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Realistically the tournament usually starts close to 7pm because people frequently come in late. It could be possible but you will have to call the store the day of the tournament to find out.
We need to do something about that, not trying to be rude but I think people would appreciate it better. I think we should either enforce the 6 PM deadline for signup or push it back to 7 PM, just my thoughts is all

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
We need to do something about that, not trying to be rude but I think people would appreciate it better. I think we should either enforce the 6 PM deadline for signup or push it back to 7 PM, just my thoughts is all
Last time was understandable considering the weather but every other week can wear people thin. If you come to HASLFest we can talk to Chase about it.

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Last time was understandable considering the weather but every other week can wear people thin. If you come to HASLFest we can talk to Chase about it.
I wish but I'll be outta town this weekend, so we can talk about it at the next meet. You're the Fox player who uses the original melee skin right? I'm the DK and Wolf player

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I wish but I'll be outta town this weekend, so we can talk about it at the next meet. You're the Fox player who uses the original melee skin right? I'm the DK and Wolf player
I'm the Lucario main that you ****wrecked in the opening set a month ago.

You're probably thinking about Alex/Powers.

Last edited:

McGuffin

Smash Rookie
The next tournament is june 6th it is now a monthly not a bi weekly. I apologize for this inconvenience. We would love to have you at the next tournament thank you.

McGuffin

Smash Rookie
Have you stopped cheating people?
That was a one time mistake because of people who didn't pay IIRC but they did their best to compensate (I didn't go to the tournaments for a while.) So if that's what you believe then yes, there's no more 'cheating'

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
That was a one time mistake because of people who didn't pay IIRC but they did their best to compensate (I didn't go to the tournaments for a while.) So if that's what you believe then yes, there's no more 'cheating'
Chase, everyone paid. The only thing that was waived was the venue fee (at your request) which the store wanted to continue taking into account. Just be honest.

Last edited:

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
It was also announced that the future prize would be store credit, and there has never been an update on Smashboards or Facebook, which advertise 60/30/10.

Excuse me if I think it's a scam.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
It was also announced that the future prize would be store credit, and there has never been an update on Smashboards or Facebook, which advertise 60/30/10.

Excuse me if I think it's a scam.
On that note, I'm just going to close this thread. It's not even relevant anymore. Chase can do his own stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom