• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jumping X or Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
>_>. I use all three jump inputs when I play.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Ok let me get down to the heart of why I'm asking this question. I'm trying to learn waveshine with fox and I keep seeing that people use x to waveshine. I personally use y to SH and stick for full jumps.

Do i need to use x to waveshine?

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=107581

this topic was not even the 10th down on the page...lol.

oh well. anyway, i use X for everything. youll find people that use every combonation possible though, some use both X and Y, one for jumping and the other for wavedashing...and there are a few that use the control stick too.

you can check the fox boards in character specific, im sure youll find lots of topics about what buttons to use to waveshine. im pretty sure most people use Y though.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
>_>. I use all three jump inputs when I play.
There are 4 jump inputs, but i rarely use the c-stick to jump out of shield, and like you, i use the other three. I use them all for different things, so just use whatever the hell you want to use for whatever the hell you want.

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
Anyone who can rely soley on the control stick for jumping has some amazing dexterity with their left thumb :laugh:. I'm just glad they made it so all jump methods have the same height (instead of the stick having a higher jump, like in SSB), 'cause I'm just not good enough to use the stick, unless I'm preparing to use the third jump.
Anyway, I commonly use 'Y.' It's easier that way, 'cause it's a straight shot from 'A.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom