• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jump spammers

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
For some reason, I seem to struggle against anyone who jumps a lot. I'm talking the annoying types that seem to be in the air more than on the ground. Mostly done by Jigglypuff/Kirby/Villager but I've seen others do it. Most obnoxious are the Villagers that just jump around and spam slingshot the entire match, or Pikachus that jump around and spam neutral B the entire match.

What exactly is the strategy here?

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
For everyone except villager, you can just camp them out. Make them come to you, and don't be so aggressive. For Villager though, you need to work hard. Our fair will beat his sling shot, so you need to approach with carefully timed short hop fairs.

By the way, next time you have a question, try checking out the Structured Query Thread - R.O.B Q&A.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Just keep a safe distance with lasers and if they start coming in use fair.

Having your opponent above you is almost always a good thing.

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
For some reason, I seem to struggle against anyone who jumps a lot. I'm talking the annoying types that seem to be in the air more than on the ground. Mostly done by Jigglypuff/Kirby/Villager but I've seen others do it. Most obnoxious are the Villagers that just jump around and spam slingshot the entire match, or Pikachus that jump around and spam neutral B the entire match.

What exactly is the strategy here?

Space with F-air, use laser and gyro sparingly to avoid missing AND play more defensively.

:4jigglypuff: - Try playing the waiting game with Jiggs. Wait for Jigglypuff to approach you from the air and shield grab. Jigg's biggest issue is that is that the character is very susceptible to shield grabs while preforming aerials.

:4kirby:- His air mobility is a lot slower then :4jigglypuff:'s you will have an easier time contending with Kirby while in the air. His slower mobility will allow you to aim and hit him with your projectiles a lot easier, and I believe a properly spaced N-air has a bigger reach then his aerials....Most :4kirby:'s will approach with D-air so be aware that the endling\landing lag from this aerial is very short so if you drop your shield to soon or shield grab too soon, you will be combo'd into a D-tilt or a Smash attack.

:4villager: - You can out camp a Villager. You just need to be mindful to not use Gyro to recklessly... If you do, :4villager: will pocket it and you will not be able to use it again..

Spend most of your time using Lasers and beating out :4villager:'s Sling shot with F-air. You can use your Gyro as a mind game element by charging it so that the Villager player will attempt to pocket thinking that your going to fire a Gyro.

Top Bottom