• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jump Shine - Demonstrational Video

liverymen

Smash Apprentice
Been waiting for someone to apply what we've known about shining for some time now. Good job man. Are those shine combos actually combos or is there a window of escape available?

Edit: More important question is at hand. You've got the timing down perfectly when JS spamming on the ground. This leads me to believe that you can not shine to cancel jump, but what you're actually doing is utilizing the buffer system in brawl? IE: pressing shine before you've even left the ground and the buffer system makes the shine appear as soon as it's able to, making the JS timing easy?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I doubt they're actual combos since almost everything in Brawl has some sort of avenue to escape compared to Melee. I haven't used this much in actual play since I'm a Kirby series main.

The motion for Jump Shining feels almost identical to Multi-Shining in Melee to me, which I didn't have much trouble with. Yes, you can shine to cancel your Jump as it's obvious when not doing it immediately from the ground (Fox stops in the air), but the buffer effects you mention sounds like a safe assumption to me. I didn't check for such things, but it's entirely possible, however I don't know if many people would agree that it makes it "easy" to do.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I stopped playing 64 after Melee came out, so I wouldn't know... not like I used Fox when I could use Kirby back then. :D

AlphaMageZ

Smash Rookie
Yes. I knew someone would figure out new advanced tech. I'm surprised anyone was able to replicate the waveshine. Though I think shinedash would be a more appropriate name now considering there is no more wavedash.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
I stopped playing 64 after Melee came out, so I wouldn't know... not like I used Fox when I could use Kirby back then. :D
Lol well fox's (64) shines end when he hits the ground from the air. So they are very easily spammable. I'm not that great at melee jc shines lol (only 2 in a row or 5 if i try) but i know you can do em in 64 so fast you can use the short stun to jab right after (without having to chase the fall like thunders combo).

test if its possible in brawl? *doesnt have brawl or a wii yet* :(

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
timmy come up to portland from eugene soon or host a samsh tournie soon and ill come play k
do brawl and melee
come to fb3
KIRBYYYYY =]

Ghost757

Smash Apprentice
so ur pressing x and b at the same time right?when u practice it the shine consecutive right.also wolf might be able to do it 2 since he shine doesnt push them back so far

Top Bottom