• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jump over Get Up Attack from Aerial Flame Choke

MGK

Smash Apprentice
So I did some Labbing and found out that we have another option from Aerial Flame Choke if the opponent chooses to get up attack. This is quite big as you can aerial the opponent as they do there get up attack. I recommend stomp or if near the ledge, Ganoncide. :4ganondorf:

Just a few things first:

- I did this under 1/2 speed so the timing might be hard to pull off.
- Since we can jump over the get up attack, this just means we have a small window of opportunity to punish it, so watch out for jabs / fast grounded attacks.
- Instant double jump over the get up attack is a lot easier to pull off but be careful.
- I didn't test jump air dodge to see if that works, so feel free to test it some time.
- I also tested the Mii's.
- I also tested short hop over the get up attack but you don't jump high enough over anyone.

Here are the Results:

:4mario::4luigi::4marth::4metaknight::4drmario:
:4lucina::4pacman::4feroy::4cloud:

:4mario::4luigi::4marth::4metaknight::4villager:
:4drmario::4lucina::4pacman::4feroy::4cloud:

:4bowserjr:(Strict Timing)

Last edited:

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
This'll be handy, oh and if at the ledge I'd say stomp so they're behind you, then short hop wizkick to spike them cleanly. Guaranteed at 30-40% on most

Arrei

Smash Lord
So it's only these characters that allow us to jump after an Aerudo, correct? Everyone else is able to hit us first if we try to jump over their getup attack?

MGK

Smash Apprentice
So it's only these characters that allow us to jump after an Aerudo, correct? Everyone else is able to hit us first if we try to jump over their getup attack?
Correct.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
What about perfect pivot back to jump, wouldn't that basically alleviate all the need to worry about this as even ganons short pp allow him to avoid the attack

MGK

Smash Apprentice
What about perfect pivot back to jump, wouldn't that basically alleviate all the need to worry about this as even ganons short pp allow him to avoid the attack
I would have to test but I'm 99% sure you couldn't pull it off cos I also tested short hop and that failed against everyone. So even if you PP then jump, you'll get hit. The only one that it might work on is Cloud. Cloud's get up attack is very slow but end really fast to the point get up attack connects with jab afterwards.

I'll also update to say I tested SH.

Top Bottom