• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jump Grabbing Items

Rawr!

Smash Cadet
Did they change the mechanics of this?

What button do you have to press to do this now, specifically on the Remote + Nunchuk setting?

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it's the same as in Melee, it's just a whole lot easier to do it now.
You can also perform an air dodge into an item, which will cause you to catch it as well.

Rawr!

Smash Cadet
You could do this in Melee as well.
...I never knew that... Maybe from the inexperience with playing with techs with items.

So... That would be pressing down on the d-pad or Z right?

I just want to know for the Gamestop tourney tomorrow.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
...I never knew that... Maybe from the inexperience with playing with techs with items.

So... That would be pressing down on the d-pad or Z right?

I just want to know for the Gamestop tourney tomorrow.
You did not airdodge using Z in Melee. You airdodged using L/R only. Airdodge and immediately press Z. Can be done also with directional airdodges.

aho43

Smash Lord
You can grab items while doing an aerial in Brawl also. You just aerial into an item, and you catch it. You can catch the same way you did in melee using Z also.

Rawr!

Smash Cadet
You did not airdodge using Z in Melee. .
Sorry, about the confusion. I was talking about Brawl.

Thanks guys, I should be set now. I just saw that aerial move catch in Gimpy's thread. :)

I'm going to use Ike... Wonder how well I'm going to do... Can someone tell me the best move to use to open the Smash Ball with him?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry, about the confusion. I was talking about Brawl.

Thanks guys, I should be set now. I just saw that aerial move catch in Gimpy's thread. :)

I'm going to use Ike... Wonder how well I'm going to do... Can someone tell me the best move to use to open the Smash Ball with him?
Any two aerials. Up B is slow, laggy and too weak, so don't try to catch it with Up B too much.

His FS is also relatively weak. Won't KO them at 0% (before the hit). At 30% or so, I believe, he'll dish out enough damage for a guaranteed KO.

Top Bottom