• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jump glide bounce/reverse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McZaxon

Smash Cadet
NNID
McZaxon
Switch FC
SW-0554-7774-1020
So I recently came across this video on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRyfj6wIVZk

There are more videos like this one, but this is basically what all the videos on this move are like. However, no matter how many times I try this, or how he (the guy in the video) explains how to do it, I can't figure out how to pull this off.

Can anyone else explain to me how to exactly pull ths off correctly? Naturally I use a GameCube controller, so an explanation with those controls is most sought for here, but I'm grateful for any help!

I picked up Palutena as a competitive character not to long ago and want to get gud with her, so I'd like to explore every tech/secret she has.

Thanks again!

mrpocari21

Smash Rookie
NNID
mrpocari21
3DS FC
0619-3677-7277
I've messed around with this tech a little bit and all I can really tell you is that it's just a b-reverse of her up b. So if she is facing right, up b then press left right after. All this does is turn you around. To move with it (using the same example) hold right, then she'll start moving right while facing left. If you want to get the momentum shift (bounce back to the left), keep holding right. If you want to keep going right, return the control stick to neutral. You can delay the momentum shift as well by returning the control stick to neutral and holding right later on whenever you want the shift. Hopefully this was clear enough for you. If not, ask again and I'll try to explain it in a different way. Regardless good luck and glad to see another Palutena main :)

Last edited:

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much what mrpocari21 said. It's like a reversed up-b. So she's supposed to levitate backwards, more or less, and you help with the controller stick that way, and don't let it go. She will speed up and then suddenly snap the other direction. It's fun for mindgames.

McZaxon

Smash Cadet
NNID
McZaxon
Switch FC
SW-0554-7774-1020
Thanks guys for your answers! mrpocari21 that was definitely a better explanation in the video, thanks so much! can't wait to give it a try! :D

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
User was warned for this post
Dear Palutena mainer, dear Palutena players!

Sorry to post this but I need all of you.I think you all know of the counter problem with Lady Palutena. Thats why I prepared a video for you! I would develope more videos like that. Because of the counter bug its impossible to counter against the opponent. That can't be true!!!! In my opinion we should team upI My suggestion is that we write to Nintendo e-mails. What do you think?

Here is my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kvWQmtvw9I

You can spread it in Youtube, Facebook, Miiverse (Palutena >SUPPORT< Community). I'm online to tell you that. I need all of you to reach this aim. Bayonetta was nerfed (edited) too!

Do you agree? Another suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom