• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jump cancel shine without claw grip?

KrobbleGoo

Smash Rookie
I can only really seem to do it if i have to claw grip where your index is on the y (or x). Is it possible to do it consistently without using the claw grip?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I manually jump out of shine. No x/y button. It's not hard to get it, but going from that and then back down/diagonal for waveshine gets tedious sometimes.

Last edited:

Puddles

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0189-8862-1910
It takes some practice but I use X without claw and get it consistently. Just spend a while in training and you'll get the hang of it.

Kuya the Red

Smash Cadet
yea pressing Y or X is fine. Just practice down B then Y. then do it faster.
then faster, then even faster and eventually youll get it down just fine.

Liam_Butler

Smash Apprentice
When I wavedash out of shine, I slide my thumb from the B button over the A button over to the X button. Otherwise, I just flick the control stick up real quick.

Altanic

Smash Apprentice
If claw grip works for you then stick with it. Unless, if you need to claw specifically for jump cancels/waveshines, then I would suggest practicing for a bit in training mode. I jump cancel with X. I actually learned jump cancels/waveshines with Falco first (mostly because at the time I was learning the basics of high level play, and Falco was easier to pick up than Fox but still has a very high tech skill ceiling.) Then I just got bored with Falco one day and decided I would teach myself Fox so I just did everything faster lol.

(jk theres a little more that goes into it than that ;D)

Top Bottom