• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[July 27, 2015] Blazing Summer Championshp Wii-U

Would you rather have a Round Robin or Double Elimination in the Group Round

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
Ladies and Gentleman boys and girls I am proud to announce the first annual Blazing Summer Champion. What does this mean, how is this different from my other tournaments I have hosted throughout the summer so far. Easy....This is for a Championship! Unlike my other tournaments this one will be for a title and a prize. Though you may believe that this Championship would be simple and clean but be warned that you will have to do more than just simply walk in, win two or three fights and get the crown.

Link: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/Xy1sVo87dc
Chat Link: http://us19.chatzy.com/74155861005535

A virtual room has been created for the tournament. Please save the link and enter the room before the start of the tournament.

My Championship tournaments will be broken into two parts. Modeled similar to the World Cup format you be placed into a group round where you will be grouped with at minimum 3 other people. Depending if we have a large turn out or not the group round will be round robin based.

Round Robin Format:Each player in the group will play one another at least once. The players with the most wins will move on to the knock out round.

In the second part of the tournament we will move to a single elimination format(so things move faster).

This threat will be updated as the Championship moves closer. If you can try to take place in one of the smaller tournaments I will host leading up to the championship. Winner's of these tournaments could be higher seeded.

Last edited:

ZeldaSymphony

Smash Rookie
I'm also curious about the time, I may or may not be able to play depending on the time. Is it gonna be only one day?

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
This tournament will take place over several days since the plan is in the beginning to have it round robin based. So you do not have to worry about showing up at a specific time. I would like those who are going to take place in it to check in and meet the 3 others who will be in their group so they can find a time to verse one another.

ZeldaSymphony

Smash Rookie
Ah! Interesting! I'd love to participate then. Been wanting to practice my Smash skills, since I've been training a lot lately.

TrevyTrev

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrevyTrev510
Will there be a chat set up? Not sure if I over read it but I didn't see anything mentioning that.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
Will there be a chat set up? Not sure if I over read it but I didn't see anything mentioning that.
There will be. I am going to have all that set up over the weekend. By the 25th all information will be available. The chat room service that will be used for this tournament will be http://us19.chatzy.com/74155861005535

The check in process will begin 6 hours in advance. This will be allowed because this championship will not be a one day process but will take place over 3 days. Day one the group round. Day two will be for the knock out round. A third day will be allowed if the knock out round takes longer than expected.

Last edited:

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
I have noticed the trend that everyone is leaning towards wanting to have a Double Elimination for the group round of the tournament and unless there is a large shift in the voting between now and the 27th it looks like it will go from Double Elimination to Double Elimination.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
The Blazing Tournament will be taking place in two days so if you haven't signed up now is the time to do so. There wasn't anything done this past Thursday because I was deathly ill and actually had to go to the ER but I will be here for the tournament on Monday. If needed I will assign one or two other people to co-host this tournament with me just in cause I become ill again. If you have any interest in helping out please quote this post and reply here.

derek9742

Smash Rookie
Hey Light Soul can you please ban Kongo Jungle and Pilot wings because in Kongo jungle Shulk can't kill with his strongest throw at 110% with smash and kills at 140% which is insane the stage could fit 2 dreamlands and pilot wings with Sheik you can kill at 100% or she has killing problems. If you could please remove these stages I think this would be more fair for the people and me who are participating in the tourney thanks.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
Well I'm in and signed up only two people in group I though
The groups will me adjusted once people begin to check in. I will make sure that the groups are as even as possible before the start of the tournament.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
Hey Light Soul can you please ban Kongo Jungle and Pilot wings because in Kongo jungle Shulk can't kill with his strongest throw at 110% with smash and kills at 140% which is insane the stage could fit 2 dreamlands and pilot wings with Sheik you can kill at 100% or she has killing problems. If you could please remove these stages I think this would be more fair for the people and me who are participating in the tourney thanks.
Both players have to agree on the stages before the start of the battle. Ban the stages when you and your opponent are discussing what stages to run.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
There are still plenty of spots open for anyone who wants to join tonight's championship. Even if the 64 man roster is passed there will be a wait list and if someone does not check in before the start then you could take their spot. Do not miss your chance to join in the hottest online smash championship of the summer.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
Update:

I have decided there will be a cash prize to the top three finishers.
1st place: $30
2nd place: $15
3nd place: $10

It will be sent though paypal unless that can not be done in which some other electronic means will be done. Any questions please ask me though chatzy: http://us19.chatzy.com/74155861005535

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
Check ins are now proceeding. You can still sign up for the tournament and if you are already signed up please check in.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
what do we do after the group stages ?
The final stage is open and opponents can face on another and update their scores. The main events shall take place at the same time tomorrow 7:15pm EST but if you and your opponent are in the chatzy room and agree to fight then you can fight. I have a screen shot of how the challonge bracket is now so if there are any changes to it that I do not know about will be questioned. See you at the tournament tomorrow.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
Day one of the Championship ended in success as the group round went on without to many issues. The final knockout round it open for reporting but only if both players are present. I already have taken a screen shot of the end of the day results and if any changes are made between tonight and tomorrow morning when I return I will know. I will be returning to the chatzy room tomorrow at 9:00am EST and will open for questions and concerns about the final round. The plan is to have some of the matches done during this round streamed so if there are any questions about that please ask me in the chazty room.

Lets have a successful second day and finish strong.

Top Bottom