• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [July 18, 2015] Sm4sh and Melee Tournament Hays, Kansas

ilikepieinmouth

Smash Cadet
Ok I have information regarding the tournament, and I will also attempt to make this look a little more organized.

The date has been locked in as July 18th. I apologize if there are other tournaments being run on that day, but we will run more tournaments in the future (hopefully) and if you are able to come, wonderful.

Venue will be decided very soon after we get a decent estimate of how many people will be attending. One venue has a small capacity for bodies but comes at a great price so we need to know if we will have enough room or not. Until we know what venue we will be using, venue fee is TBD.

Entry fee is currently set to be 5 dollars per tournament and all entry fees will be used in the pot for that tournament. Whether it be winner take all, 1st 2nd and 3rd receiving money I do not know yet. Again that will depend on the amount of attendees. I will edit later to show how many people translates into who gets money.

Sets brought will be appreciated, but I cannot guarantee that if you bring one it will be used. If you bring a set and we use it, your venue fee will be waved. If you bring one and we do not need it, we will appreciate you bringing one but it will not qualify for a venue fee exemption. Full sets include either a Gamecube/Wii console+TV+Memory card with all stages and characters unlocked+a working Melee Game disc or a Wii U console+TV+a copy of Smash 4 (if no dlc has been purchased, it may still be used, but consoles with dlc take preference.)

We will be playing Melee, Smash 4, and be holding an Amiibo tournament assuming enough people are interested.

Last edited:

Reesch

Smash Rookie
I'll very likely go. You should make a Facebook post on it if possible, too. That'll help with the head count.

ilikepieinmouth

Smash Cadet
I would love to go, I do live near by Hays as I am in Hutch; but I still may need a carpool
I understand. It is still early on and we do have a lot of workers. If we keep in touch we could probably come up with something. I have someone from Dodge with the same issue.
I'll very likely go. You should make a Facebook post on it if possible, too. That'll help with the head count.
Yeah I am going to discuss that with my associates. School just got out and they are kind of hard to get a hold of. We are going to the same grad party tomorrow though so I will bring it up then. Thank you guys for your interest and spread the word while I continue working on the current communication situations.

Reesch

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure Wichita will be having the July S.L.A.S.T. on the 25th/fourth Saturday, so the 18th would free up people like me who are planning on that too.

ilikepieinmouth

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure Wichita will be having the July S.L.A.S.T. on the 25th/fourth Saturday, so the 18th would free up people like me who are planning on that too.
Thank you for that info. We are looking at those dates because the other two officers of our group which is hosting the event have football camp during the summer. I will make sure to tell them about that. Please continue to keep me posted on wichita ' status. Also, for all of you, if we get a diversity of different cities involved, would you all be interested in crew battles?

Reesch

Smash Rookie
I'll represent Manhattan in the crew battle myself because nobody plays Melee lol

Last edited:

Reesch

Smash Rookie
There's a ton of guys in Wichita if you didn't already know.

Reesch

Smash Rookie
Looks like SLAST V7 in Wichita is happening on the third Saturday in July. I figure that would affect the final decision.

xM3MPH15x

Smash Rookie
I'm brand new to this website, but I've played smash casually for years. I'm in Dodge City and would definitely be interested in meeting up with some locals of SW Kansas to play.

Top Bottom