• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[July 18&19th, 2015] (Project M Wifi)Dash Dance Revolution#7

Royal-X

Smash Ace

Greetings all! Welcome to Dash Dance Revolution, a tournament made in partnership of waygu's weeklies. These tournaments will hosted every two weeks, there will also be a potential for prizes in the future if this happens to last.
Dash Dance Revolution #7
When? Saturday, July 18th(Dubs), and Sunday the 19th (Singles) @7:30PM EST / 6:30PM Central

Bracket Type: Double Elimination

General Ruleset:
      • 4 Stocks / Timer set to 8 minutes
      • Items are set to "Off" and "None"
      • First Character Pick is a Double Blind
      • Best 2/3 for Regular Sets. Best 3/5 for Semi&Grand Finals
      • Dave's Stupid Rule (You can't play on a stage you've previously won on unless agreed upon by both players)
      • Gentleman's Clause (Any stage can be played on as long as both player's agree to it)
      • Sudden Death is never played. Timeouts are decided by stock then percent, with the one being lowest winning. In case of a tie, a one stock, three minute match will be played on the same stage as a tiebreaker.
      • Suicide KOs that result in a tie always go to the initiator
      • Giga Bowser AND Wario Man are Banned (No more loopholes ಠ_ಠ)
Stage List: (WIP)

Match Procedure:
  1. Players Select their Characters as a Double Blind.
  2. Player higher seed number strikes first.
  3. Stages are struck in a 1-2-2-1 pattern. The first player to strike removes one stage from the list of Starters, the second player removes two stages, then the first player removes one more stage. The players then play on the remaining stage.
  4. The first match is played.
  5. Winning player of the preceding match bans two stages from both Starters and CounterPicks. These bans are only chosen once and last the entire set
  6. Losing player picks one of the remaining stages to play on.
  7. Winning player of the preceding match may change characters. Tell your opponent your choice.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match may change characters. Tell your opponent your choice.
  9. The next match is played.
  10. Repeat steps 5-9 until the set is complete.
Extra Procedures:
  • If you are having issues connecting on the day of the tournament, please alert me.
  • If lag makes a match 100% unplayable alert me.
  • Record your matches in case of dispute.
  • Updated: Players will communicate and report match results to SKYPE. If you don't have a Skype account I insist you make one and PM me the username.
  • If a player does not respond within 10 minutes after the start of the match they will be disqualified.
  • Save replays in case of dispute.
Wanna Sign-Up? Of course you do! To sign up either register directly HERE (Singles) or shoot me a PM with your Gamer Tag and FC.

*I'm also looking for people with Streaming capabilities! If you can do so please PM me!*

Last edited:

Royal-X

Smash Ace
Rankings have been reset and are done in a new system! Rankings are done in collaboration with waygu's weeklies!
Current Dash Dance Champion
☆☆☆ Scraket ☆☆☆

Notable Dash Dancers
Sidney / GabPR / un.dead / Gawain the Knight

1. Scraket - 125
2. GabPR - 100
3. Bigsid - 55
4. un.dead - 55
5. Gawain the Knight - 35
6. infestex - 15
7. ian715 - 15
8. Smash_Senpai - 15
9. Royal-X - 10
10. Vaporeon - 10
11. SushiKiller - 10
12. waygu - 10
13. RedX - 5
14. Pr0fesor Flash - 5
15. Cooperocity - 5
16. PoeticMonkey - 5
17. 2rad - 5
18. EarthboundHero - 5
19. JoshIsOn - 5
20. 2L84YOU - 5
21. Tomaster - 5
22. Infamous Luffy - 5

Dash Dance Revolutions#1 Winner: Poloflipx
Dash Dance Revolutions#2 Winner: trati
Dash Dance Revolutions#3 Winner: himemiya
Dash Dance Revolutions#4 Winner: un.dead/Flash
Dash Dance Revolutions#5 Winner: LuckyTails
Dash Dance Revolutions#6 Winner: GabPR
waygu's weeklies 7/9 Winner: GabPR
Dash Dance Revolutions#7: Winner: Scraket

Last edited:

Chris_sez

Smash Apprentice
I sent you a message about this. I just need a reminder at some point.

MrAntlion

Smash Cadet
NNID
PM4472-7661-9417
This sounds great! FC is on the side under my Profile pic and I already signed up on challonge. Also have a capture card if you want extra assistance to record matches.

Chris_sez

Smash Apprentice
Royal-X, I don't understand the Double Blind character select. Can you explain that please?

Royal-X

Smash Ace
Royal-X, I don't understand the Double Blind character select. Can you explain that please?
Sure thing! Basically both players don't know who their opponent picked to play as. Hence double blind. After the first match both players will have to announce what characters they'll use until the set is complete.

Chris_sez

Smash Apprentice
Sure thing! Basically both players don't know who their opponent picked to play as. Hence double blind. After the first match both players will have to announce what characters they'll use until the set is complete.
Okay. Makes a lot of sense.

infestx

Smash Journeyman
Stage List:
Starters: Battlefield / Smashville / Pokemon Stadium 2 / GreenHillZone / Dreamland
CounterPicks: Fountain of Dreams / WarioWare / Norfair / Yoshi's Island / Final Destination
No Yoshi's Story? cri​
  1. Stages are struck in a 1-2-2-1 pattern. The first player to strike removes one stage from the list of Starters, the second player removes two stages, then the first player removes one more stage. The players then play on the remaining stage.
In this case, since there are a total number of 5 starters, it would be struck in the 1-2-1 pattern you described; not 1-2-2-1.

Last edited:

Royal-X

Smash Ace
No Yoshi's Story? cri​

In this case, since there are a total number of 5 starters, it would be struck in the 1-2-1 pattern you described, not 1-2-2-1.
From what I've observed, Yoshi's Story is almost always immediately ban whether it's a CP or a Starter. I might update the stage list in the future however.

Also I'm slightly basing this off of this ruleset, which bans 4 of the 5 starter stages.

infestx

Smash Journeyman
From what I've observed, Yoshi's Story is almost always immediately ban whether it's a CP or a Starter. I might update the stage list in the future however.

Also I'm slightly basing this off of this ruleset, which bans 4 of the 5 starter stages.
Hm, I'm probably just stupid. I thought 1-2-2-1 meant that first player struck one stage, second player struck two stages, first struck another two stages, and second struck one more stage.

SushiKiller

Smash Apprentice
Greetings all! Welcome to Dash Dance Revolution, a tournament made in honor of waygu's weeklies. These tournaments will hosted every two weeks, and there will also be a potential for prizes in the future if this happens to last.

Dash Dance Revolution #1
Starts on May 2nd (Saturday) @7 EASTERN PM / 6PM CENTRAL
Bracket Type: Double Elimination

General Ruleset:
      • 4 Stocks / Timer set to 8 minutes
      • Items are set to "Off" and "None"
      • First Character Pick is a Double Blind
      • Best 2/3 for Regular Sets. Best 3/5 for Semi&Grand Finals
      • Dave's Stupid Rule (You can't play on a stage you've previously won on unless agreed upon by both players)
      • Gentleman's Clause (Any stage can be played on as long as both player's agree to it)
      • Sudden Death is never played. Timeouts are decided by stock then percent, with the one being lowest winning. In case of a tie, a one stock, three minute match will be played on the same stage as a tiebreaker.
      • Suicide KOs that result in a tie always go to the initiator
      • Giga Bowser is Banned
Stage List:
Starters: Battlefield / Smashville / Pokemon Stadium 2 / GreenHillZone / Dreamland
CounterPicks: Fountain of Dreams / WarioWare / Norfair / Yoshi's Island / Final Destination

Match Procedure:

1. Players Select their Characters as a Double Blind.
  2. Player higher seed number strikes first.
  3. Stages are struck in a 1-2-2-1 pattern. The first player to strike removes one stage from the list of Starters, the second player removes two stages, then the first player removes one more stage. The players then play on the remaining stage.
  4. The first match is played.
  5. Winning player of the preceding match may change characters. Tell your opponent your choice.
  6. The losing player of the preceding match may change characters. Tell your opponent your choice.
  7. Winning player of the preceding match bans two stages from both Starters and CounterPicks. These bans are only chosen once and last the entire set.
  8. Losing player picks one of the remaining stages to play on.
  9. The next match is played.
  10. Repeat steps 5-9 until the set is complete.

Extra Procedures:
  • If you are having issues connecting on the day of the tournament, please alert me.
  • If lag makes a match 100% unplayable alert me.
  • Record your matches in case of dispute.
  • Players will communicate and report match results to the IRC found here.
  • If a player does not respond within 10 minutes after the start of the match they will be disqualified.
Wanna Sign-Up? Of course you do! To sign up either register directly here or shoot me a PM with your Gamer Tag and FC.

*I'm also looking for people with Streaming capabilities! If you can do so please PM me!*
Where do I put my fc?

Royal-X

Smash Ace
The revolution continues!
Dash Dance Revolution #2!
When is it? Saturday, May 16th @7PM Eastern/ 6PM Central
How to Register? Shoot me a PM with your Gamer Tag and FC or register directly here!

Let's see who can dash dance their way to the top.
Survived the first one? Join once more and see if you can survive again!
New and interested? Come test your skill and see how you compare!

Be there or be square!

Chris_sez

Smash Apprentice
The revolution continues!
Dash Dance Revolution #2!
When is it? Saturday, May 16th @7PM Eastern/ 6PM Central
How to Register? Shoot me a PM with your Gamer Tag and FC or register directly here!

Let's see who can dash dance their way to the top.
Survived the first one? Join once more and see if you can survive again!
New and interested? Come test your skill and see how you compare!

Be there or be square!

You can count me in this time!

Royal-X

Smash Ace
Third Times the Charm!
Dash Dance Revolution #3!
When is it? Friday, May 29th @7:30PM Eastern/ 6:30PM Central

I hope to see some new faces in this one, so spread the word.
Be square or be there!

Last edited:

himemiya

Smash Lord
Congratulations to our current Dash Dance Champion @ H himemiya !

Also congrats to the sexy @ R Royal-X and @PoeticMonkey , who got 2nd and 3rd place respectively!
That concludes this Revolution, which had taken forever and a day. Until again~
I'll like to thank the sb matchmaking thread for making this possible. I'm proud of the results I gotten here and here!

Royal-X

Smash Ace
The much requested Doubles Tournament is here!
Doubles Dance Revolution #4!
When is it? Saturday, June 6th @7:30PM Eastern/ 6:30PM Central
How to Register? Once you've found a partner, just send me a PM with you and your partner's name so I can add you to the bracket.

@trati @CaptainKirby @SuperMario1 @un.dead @Gawain the Knight @Smash_Senpai @Mattchu
I know all of you are common dubs players, so join if you're interested!

Royal-X

Smash Ace
Dash Dance Revolutions #5
When is it:
This Saturday the 13th @7:30 PM EST / 6:30 Central
How to Register: Either register directly HERE or send me a PM so I can add you.
I hope to see both new and old faces in this one!
Be there or be square!

TheHylian01

Smash Rookie
I can't participate for Dash Dance 5, but I'll be here for Dash Dance 6. Im confident I can get past pools. This is my first tourney! Who knows? Maybe I'll get past pools! Since this is my first, theres lot of stuff I don't know. What's double elimination? And what about stage selection? I don't understand stage selection one bit. *^* Starters? Counterpicks? What? ._.

Last edited:

Royal-X

Smash Ace
@ TheHylian01 TheHylian01
Double elimination is basically you have to lose two sets twice to be eliminated from the tournament. For example: Player A loses to Player B in the winners bracket, so instead of being eliminated, they go to losers bracket. Now if Player A loses to another player in losers bracket, they're eliminated from the tournament altogether.

Starters are the stages you start with at the start of a set. There are 5 in all. You and your opponent both ban 4 out of the 5 starter stages and choose the remaining stage to play on. In the following matches, both the starter stages and the counterpick(the extra 5 stages) become available. The winner of the first match gets to ban 2 stages from both starters and counterpicks, and the loser gets to choose 1 of the stages the weren't banned.

Hopefully I explained it well enough. I'm bad with words so sowwy. Also I'd like to note to you and @ waygu waygu that there are no pools. Instead it's bracket based.

TheHylian01

Smash Rookie
Oh alright, sorry for the misconception. xD I understood it. One last question, though. "Player with higher seed number strikes first". I know what stage striking is, but what is the seed number?

Royal-X

Smash Ace
Seed number is player order. (So if there are 10 players, the seed numbers will be 1-10). I usually make new tournament players have a higher seed number than notable players or previous winners.

Royal-X

Smash Ace
Dash Dance Revolutions #(3.)6
Post Fireworks Edition
When is it:
This Sunday the 5th @7:30 PM EST / 6:30 Central
How to Register: Either register directly HERE or send me a PM so I can add you.
If you sign up and happen to have a Skype let me know!
Be there or be square!​

Last edited:
Top Bottom