• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[July 16th] Thursday Night Smash Down Wii U and 3DS Tournament

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
Come one come call to the Thursday Night Smashdown tournament brought to you by yours truly Lightsoul The Tricky Fox. If you have been following my weekly hosted tournaments then you know that there has been plenty of memoriable fights that have taken place and there are plenty more to come. This week we shall once again be smashing it down on Thursday night on both platforms of the Wii U and 3DS consoles.

3DS: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/FpXTiE2AfK
Wii U: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/0T6NaO3NTq

Before going on I would like to take a moment and say that I am dedicating this tournament in honor of Nintendo's late President Satora Iwato who died this past weekend. None of this would be possible without him and I wanted to make a note of that here.

This tournament will be the springboard and opening to the "Blazing Summer Championship" which will be taking place on July 24th right here online. I intend for it to be the biggest tournament I have hosted and will take place as a championship instead of just a regular tournament so please feel free to read all about it on the thread that will follow this one.

Now lets get down to the rules for both platforms:

Rules:

2 stock

6 minutes

No items

No customs

No Miis(No negotiations)

No Cheating

Stages Wii U:

--Starters--
Final Destination(Omegas)
Battlefield
SmashVille
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

--Counter stages--
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Kongo Jungle 64
Halberd
Omega Stages
Duck Hunt
Pilot Wings

If you have to question it then it might be banned.

As for the 3DS

Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Omega Stages
Yoshi Story

Counter:
Reset Bomb
Prism Tower

For both platform's the Gentleman's Rule(If both agree on it then it is legal) applies along with Dave's stupid rule(Winner can not pick a stage they already won on, can be trumped by the Gentleman's rule if agreed upon.).

I will once again try to stream the Wii U version of the game. I have worked out a lot of the kinks in the system and nearly have a good method down so we will attempt to stream on Thursday Night. More to follow in the coming days.

Prizes:

You will earn the title of this weeks championship and earn a higher seed heading into the Blazing Summer Championship.

Last edited:

marthking99

Banned via Warnings
is this a weekly tournament i wont make this one but if there is another one i can make it

BeetleJoJo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kingcrimson2012
3DS FC
1821-9930-6886
Hey Lightsoul, you gonna have to fix the 3DS Challonge page where you have the Wii U Stage list and not the 3DS Stage list

BeetleJoJo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kingcrimson2012
3DS FC
1821-9930-6886
hey before it starts, can someone tell me how to check in
There should be a Blue Button that said "Register"
Click that to register.

Then, when the Check-In time starts, It will switch to "Check-In"
Click that to check-in

dashgg

Waifu War Veteran
NNID
CrowXV
I may sound like a complete scrub, but how do picking stages in tournaments work? :/

Also, should we add you in advance or should I just leave my NNID in the sign up?

BeetleJoJo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kingcrimson2012
3DS FC
1821-9930-6886
I may sound like a complete scrub, but how do picking stages in tournaments work? :/

Also, should we add you in advance or should I just leave my NNID in the sign up?
It's very simple. In the 1st match of every set, players will strike from the starter list(In your case I presume, The Wii U list) in a 1-2-1 manner until one stage remains. Both of you will go there

Winner COULD ban 1-2 stages if Lightsoul allows it.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
What time does this start?
I am setting everything up right now. I will not change the start up time to anything sooner since I like to keep my tournament start times till around 7pm EST.

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Seems like a pretty cool tournament, I'll be glad to join. Question, though: how are we going to communicating with each other?

BeetleJoJo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kingcrimson2012
3DS FC
1821-9930-6886
Questions:
Why are Omega separate from FD?
Can you clarify on the Stage Strike for the 1st rounds pls?
Be sure to fix the stage list on the 3DS Tour asap
How many bans do Winner gets for 3DS as well?

Thanks in advance

natalaition522

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1161-1173-9907
I am new here and I don't know how to do this.can someone please give like a guide or something.it would really help.

Blasiancoolio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blzncoolio
3DS FC
3626-0362-4719
Don't know if you're taking requests, but can van and reef be on opposite sides of the bracket? I know it's a hassle, but we know each other and play all the time. It'd suck to have to play again fairly early in the tournament.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
DLC characters are allowed.
Can customs be allowed in the future?

I am new here and I don't know how to do this.can someone please give like a guide or something.it would really help.
The tournament link is on the opening post, click it and sign up. It will require you to make a challonge account though

Last edited:

natalaition522

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1161-1173-9907
Can customs be allowed in the future?
Thanks.I was (still am a little bit)confused on how this all works.

The tournament link is on the opening post, click it and sign up. It will require you to make a challonge account though

Top Bottom