• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[July 10th, 2015] Nukes Tourney #3 3DS *STREAMED*

Kaneki164

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thawk164
3DS FC
5127-2247-5437
Yo I'm gamed!

FC: 5127-2247-5437
IGN:Kaneki

SilverAvion

Smash Ace
NNID
AvionSeal
3DS FC
0447-6098-0944
Im gonna put you in but if you arent here when its your turn, i have to dq you
Is there no losers bracket? Maybe if my match starts before 2, thus forcing me to forfeit the match, I'd just go down to losers and work my way up from there?

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
Hopefully I won't get 2-0'd (or 1-0'd in this case) twice
Name: Shneek
FC: 0104-0256-0397
Gonna be playin' Doc babyyyyyyyyyyyy
He's not C tier, c'mon guys.

Astro Bro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2530-5359

PlatinumNukes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PlatinumNukes
3DS FC
1951-0487-9526
Is there no losers bracket? Maybe if my match starts before 2, thus forcing me to forfeit the match, I'd just go down to losers and work my way up from there?
Yes theres a losers so if you dont make it in time for upper, you can work your way back up in losers

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
Well, Astro joined. We're all doomed.
Our tournament set record is 1-1, so some of us are dying to face him in bracket. ;)
Also, you still have a chance. It's all rock paper scissors. You > Tarren, Tarren > me, me > you (arguably), and me = astro. Never know!

SilverAvion

Smash Ace
NNID
AvionSeal
3DS FC
0447-6098-0944
@ PlatinumNukes PlatinumNukes May you make the single elimination matches 3 stocks? Just so aggressive players don't have an advantage.

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
Sorry, don't want to participate in this.

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice
Just in case I forget, I feel I should give out suggestions/feedback based on my last Nukes' tournament experience.
  1. All FCs should be officially added to PlatinumNukes once registration ends to save time. I remembered you were adding these FCs during the stream. I think you have a list where you can compare the IGNs and their FCs to make it easier for you.
  2. Last time, some people did not show up in time. If they do not show up, then a countdown to disqualification begins. While it's true you can choose another match that are ready, that extends the countdown. However, it's up to PlatinumNukes to make swift and final decisions.
  3. Some laggy matches happened before. I'm not sure how I would deal with this scenario except to make sure you have good connection. Thoughts?
  4. If possible, PlatinumNukes, hook your 2DS to a charger. If I remember correctly, this was the reason why we had to extend the tournament to another day. Correction: It was the camera for the delay.
  5. Given the rules, it seems this tournament will be very long, even with Best of 1s. Maybe not all matches should be streamed until semis. During the event, we could battle outside the stream and then report the results truthfully. But, that's up to PlatinumNukes.
I'm still hoping for a fast, effective, and fun tournament!

Edit: Made some corrections to make it clear.

Last edited:

NemesisLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3496-9957-3793
Just in case I forget, I feel I should give out suggestions/feedback based on my last Nukes' tournament experience.
  1. All FC should be officially added to PlatinumNukes once registration ends to save time. I remembered you were adding these FCs during the stream. I think you have a list where you can compare the IGNs and their FCs to make it easier for you.
  2. Last time, some people did not show up in time. If they do not show up, then a countdown to disqualification begins. While it's true you can choose another match that are ready, that extends the countdown. However, it's up to PlatinumNukes to make swift and final decisions.
  3. Some laggy matches happened before. I'm not sure how I would deal with this scenario except to make sure you have good connection. Thoughts?
  4. If possible, hook the 2DS to a charger. If I remember correctly, this was the reason why we had to extend the tournament to another day.
  5. Given the rules, it seems this tournament will be very long, even with Best of 1s. Maybe not all matches should be streamed until semis. During the event, we could battle outside the stream and then report the results truthfully. But, that's up to PlatinumNukes.
Welp I'm kinda of screwed since I can't charge my 3DS where I am....since the charger only enter on 110V :V

SPAZ494

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4511-0835-8425
Welp I'm kinda of screwed since I can't charge my 3DS where I am....since the charger only enter on 110V :V
He meant platinum nukes because his 3ds needs to have power the whole time to host and stream, but you should try to have power for when you play :)

CodeBLAST

Smash Rookie
NNID
CodeBLAST
3DS FC
0645-6057-2411
I'm in
My name is ign is Kiefer
And my friend code is 0645-6057-2411

PlatinumNukes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PlatinumNukes
3DS FC
1951-0487-9526
Don't have any good characters at the moment. I'll don't wanna place badly. I'll see if I can figure one out.
  1. All FCs should be officially added to PlatinumNukes once registration ends to save time. I remembered you were adding these FCs during the stream. I think you have a list where you can compare the IGNs and their FCs to make it easier for you.
  4. If possible, PlatinumNukes, hook your 2DS to a charger. If I remember correctly, this was the reason why we had to extend the tournament to another day.

Edit: Made a correction to make it clear.
My camera died before but that wont be problem from now on. Also people will have a couple of minutes to join once added, I cant wait on people when we are trying to get this done nice and quick. Other than that everything else is fine

CodeBLAST

Smash Rookie
NNID
CodeBLAST
3DS FC
0645-6057-2411
How many people are able to join
Is there a cap at the amount of entries

PlatinumNukes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PlatinumNukes
3DS FC
1951-0487-9526
Tomorrow is the big day, Registration ends tomorrow at 12:30pmEST Ive been working very hard for this tourney all week and it should pay off. Make sure if you know any other friends that want in, let me know

PlatinumNukes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PlatinumNukes
3DS FC
1951-0487-9526
Our tournament set record is 1-1, so some of us are dying to face him in bracket. ;)
Also, you still have a chance. It's all rock paper scissors. You > Tarren, Tarren > me, me > you (arguably), and me = astro. Never know!
Sorry I'd prefer 2 stock this time because 1) its an official Smash 4 competitive rule and 2) time (alot of people in this tourney)

PlatinumNukes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PlatinumNukes
3DS FC
1951-0487-9526
Btw DLC characters are allowed, I would love to see Mewtwo, Ryu, Lucas, and Roy come into play in my tourneys

PlatinumNukes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PlatinumNukes
3DS FC
1951-0487-9526
What I might end up doing is having the beginning losers bracket play on their own and submit proof or both have to agree the winner. We'll see how it goes tomorrow

Marchy_Fics

Smash Rookie
I have two entries one is for my friend
Fc: 1950-9956-5176
IGN: Gamebox_64
Fc: 4055-6304-1821
IGN: March

SPAZ494

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4511-0835-8425
ive never participated in an actual tournament before, so how does stage picking work? I kind of get it but it would be nice if someone could explain it.

Gears_1000

Smash Ace
NNID
gears1000
3DS FC
0705-3091-8507
ive never participated in an actual tournament before, so how does stage picking work? I kind of get it but it would be nice if someone could explain it.
Since the stage list is small (Battlefield and Final Destination), the two players will have to agree on a stage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom