• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jul 5, 2014] D-Town Beatdown - SSBM - VGP Event (Mesquite, TX)

Luis Herrera

Smash Rookie

Updated 07/05/2014
Thanks everyone for coming out. Although we didn't make it quite to 30, we got pretty close so the bonus pot was kept in play. I'll post here when our next one comes up later this year in November. You can find the results at this address: http://www.versusgameplay.com/tournament/d-town-beatdown-final-results-07052014/

We are a group of individuals passionate about competitive games, regardless of genre. Versus Game Play is hosting a SSBM tourney at D-Town Beatdown along with other fighting games. Join us at BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse in Mesquite, TX. The venue fee is $20 but you will have access to all you can eat pizza from BJs. Also there is a $200 pot bonus if 30 people sign up for Melee.

We will need at least 10 people to sign up in order to run a tournament for SSBM.

See our website for more details.

FaceBook D-Town Beatdown Event
Versus Gameplay
Twitter
Twitch
Youtube

Schedule:
Venue opens at 10:00 AM

Registration Closes at 12:00 PM
Full setups must arrive before 11:30 AM and has to be used in order to qualify for the $10 venue discount.

Tournament Schedule:
1:00 PM Melee singles begin

Entry Info:Venue Fee:
$20 per person (required from all attendees)
Melee Singles: $10 per person

What to Bring:
1. Enough cash for venue and SSBM tourney.
2. Your own controller (GameCube controller)

If you bring a full setup for SSBM and we use it, we will refund your $10 venue discount at the end of the tourney.
A full Melee setup is a CRT TV, GameCube, Melee disc, and fully unlocked memory card.

Prizes for SSBM are distributed from the money pot as follows:
There will be a $200 pot bonus shared among top 3 (1st-60%,2nd-30%,3rd-10%) if 30 or more people enter the SSBM tourney.

Singles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

MELEE Rules:4 stocks
8 minute time limit
Items set OFF and NONE
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Counter Picks:
Pokemon Stadium (Singles Only)
Kongo Jungle 64 (Doubles Only)

Last edited:

Luis Herrera

Smash Rookie
HodgyDot, yes that's fine.

JesusFreak, i cant answer that, this is our first SSBM event, but not our first tourney.

Smurfymike

Smash Rookie
Where at in BJ's? I am definitely coming no matter what, however I am just curious where it will be as I cannot think of anywhere in Bj's that it could be held as I go there pretty often. I am so glad to see Mesquite TX events now cause It kinda sucks driving an hour to get to Infinity and Beyonds.

Top Bottom