• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Jul 24, 2015] Prelude To Smash Wii U tournament at Kintech 1v1 and 2v2 (Houston, TX)

MrRecluse

Smash Cadet

DESCRIPTION:

The tournament will take place at Kintech Houston Phone Repair/ Cyber Lounge / Computer Support place. There is no player cap and all are welcome to the tournament. You may bring snacks and beverages to the event as well as set-ups. Set ups include a monitor or tv, wii u, contoller and adapter, and a copy of smash brothers with all DLC. This is a 1v1 and 2v2 tournament, There will be other side events announced later that day. There is no age limit so come as you are and enjoy. Time and rules are stated below.

RULES: 1v1 and 2v2

- Stock: 3

- Time: 8:00 minutes.

- Stages: All stages are good to use except for custom stages.

- Items: off

- Mii fighters: no custom characters or custom Mii fighters with special move sets. Regular Mii fighters will do.

- amiibos: No

- pause function will be disabled.

- There is no sudden death. If both players die at the same time then the match must restart until someone wins.

- If time runs out and both players are still alive, then the player with less damage wins the match.

- If you lose. you can be placed in the losers bracket for a second chance for a smaller prize if you choose to continue. If you lose in the losers bracket you are completely out.

Set ups are very important so if you can bring one you will get 50% off for the next tournament price.

Set ups include:
-TV/ HD monitor
-Wii u with at least 2 GameCube controllers and adapter
-A copy of smash brothers ( DLC is optional )

REGISTRATION schedule for July, 24th:

ITS FREE!

2:00 p.m. - Venue opens and setting up begins
3:00 p.m. - 1v1 and 2v2 Registration
4:00 p.m. - 2v2 Tournament begins
6:00 p.m. - 1v1 Tournament begins

Number of current entrants in the tournament: 37

• - SPYC
  • - Lilnest
  • - LilB
  • - Laika
  • - MagicMike
  • - OscarM
  • - Gigs
  • - Krebs
  • - The Boot
  • - Beat
  • - Bishop
  • - Deluxemenu
  • - ZenArkaine
  • - Z3LM0
  • - Propain
  • - Dvsbboy
  • - neCro
  • - goober
  • - Daffle
  • - Garcia2AJ
  • - MrRecluse
  • - BigCat
  • - Niconac
  • - ShadowfoxXD
  • - I K1ntechU
  • - Mulcryant
  • - Gilby
  • - Whispy
  • - Taft
  • - HaLdRoP
  • - 4TPU
  • - Zensei
  • - MotusNaturali
  • - Dan
  • - Beegleheimer
  • - Eris
  • - Wenis

Last edited:

Mr. G&W

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mr.G-W
3DS FC
4725-7944-0757
Switch FC
SW-1951-5696-0402
I might go, too. I may have lost early on in EVO 2015, but that's why I'm thinking of going -- to get more experience in the competitive field, and possibly find a new online trainer.

MrRecluse

Smash Cadet
I might go, too. I may have lost early on in EVO 2015, but that's why I'm thinking of going -- to get more experience in the competitive field, and possibly find a new online trainer.
I'm sure you'll do fine at this tournament. we do have some stiff competition going so you should get a good challenge in. we'll also have a friendly set up there as well for everyone to get some warm ups in.

MrRecluse

Smash Cadet
Just come on time and make sure you register before 1v1s and 2v2s are announced. You can bring a set up if you want which will give you 50% off your next PTS tournament fee. This time is free so you don't have to worry about paying. Make sure you have a controller with you obviously. Other than just come and enjoy the smash community. there be open set ups available for warm-ups and friendlies.

Mr. G&W

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mr.G-W
3DS FC
4725-7944-0757
Switch FC
SW-1951-5696-0402
Will there be rankings posted, too?

Top Bottom